Loque Ghost S1 Build (9700k & 2080 ti)

Peppe

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 31, 2019
Absolutely love this case! I recommend it to anyone. Expensive but excellent quality.

Waiting to receive 2x Small Top hats soon so i will add more photo's when they arrive.

*Stress test results shown on a separate post below (14/02/2019)*

Noctua N9x65 with Intel I7 9700k

Corsair LPX 32gb 3200mhz

I should remove the plastic film lol

Last edited:

Peppe

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 31, 2019
You will love it :)
Two reasons I didn't get the Noctua L12....

With my Asus mobo... It wouldn't fit lol.

Also using the CPU cooling tests on Loque's website... It shows that the L9x65 ran a little cooler (but just a little louder). I really like how compact the L9x65 is and leaves a little more breathing space too.

Reactions: gotcha43

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Looks like you have added 4 screws on the topside, why that?

Peppe

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 31, 2019
how about temps? no cpu/gpu throttle?
I've not fully tested thermals at the moment however this is what I'm roughly seeing...

CPU Idle. Approx 34 degrees
GPU idle. Approx 29 degrees
CPU stressed for 10 minute's. Approx 78 degrees
GPU stressed for 10 mins (Unigen) Approx 84

Like I said I haven't fully tested it and noted down the max temps... this is just an observation of what I'm seeing

The case comes with 4 screws for the top grill (obviously this is optional as the top grill sticks on magnetically) however it feels sturdier having them in I think)

MOD EDIT: Posts merged. Please don't multi-post with only 2mn between each post. Use the "Edit" button instead :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BaK

jtmsrl

Caliper Novice
Jan 12, 2019

According to Optimum Tech on one of his videos, he shows the side panels lifting the top panel when grabbing the case. Gives additional support to the case in case you need to move it

Reactions: Peppe

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
That should be indeed safer for transportation, thanx for pointing this out!

Reactions: Peppe

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
Nice build. How do you find the SF750? Wondered if the fan would spin up and get load in this small case.

Quicksandman

Chassis Packer
Dec 7, 2018
I have the sf600 in my louqe ghost and have never heard it. the gpu fans on my 1080 ti are by far the loudest thing in the case. but still its nearly whisper silent

Peppe

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 31, 2019
I ran a GPU stress test using Unigen Heaven (on loop) for over 30 minutes to see what temperatures i would get over a long period of time.

Due to the FE RTX cards not exhausting heat from the back, I also checked the temperature on the outside of the case. Over time, the case gets pretty hot which may effect GPU and CPU temperatures.

These are my results below (see screenshot/images)

GPU Temp = 85 degrees
GPU Fan Speed 71%
CPU Average Temp = 57 degrees
Top Grill Temps (Outside) = 55 degrees
Front Panel (Outside) = 43 degrees

**I'm waiting to receive my small top hat. Therefore, I will run the same test but with 2x Noctua A12x15 fans exhausting heat from the top*

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018
Absolutely love this case! I recommend it to anyone. Expensive but excellent quality.

I wasn't pleased with the quality on my Ghost :/ I ended up selling it and going with something else for my desktop. I'm also on the lookout for something sturdier for my travel pc.

Glad your build turned out well!

gotcha43

Average Stuffer
Dec 10, 2018
I‘m tired of waiting for delivery...

Maybe someday this year, it will arrive.

But Without any tophats, i‘m Hoping for Proper build Quality.

Peppe

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 31, 2019
I wasn't pleased with the quality on my Ghost :/ I ended up selling it and going with something else for my desktop. I'm also on the lookout for something sturdier for my travel pc.

Glad your build turned out well!
On know what happened with yours? What did you end up going with?

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018
On know what happened with yours? What did you end up going with?

Well, the experience in general wasn't great. Waiting so long for a case only to have batch 1 quality issues was disappointing. I'm sure Louqe would have gotten to the warranties eventually, but I didn't really feel like waiting.

The main reason I didn't really want to wait is that the design in practice felt unreliable. The tophats fitment wasn't good enough IMO, and with the color I had (limestone) fitment issues are obvious, especially when there are inconsistencies in the finish from the side panels to the tophats. I could have gone without the tophats, but i wanted/needed them for the parts I was trying to use.

I went with a Cerberus so i have lots of empty space, but I'll fill it eventually.