Completed Lone Industries L4

IRyzoI

Chassis Packer
Apr 23, 2018
Of all the cases I've seen lurking around here and similar places for the past year, this is by far the best looking one. I wish it was available.

Reactions: cleveland

huddy

Caliper Novice
Aug 22, 2018
I'm a lurker that's been looking to build an APU powered mITX build in the next few months. Your case has my attention as one of my favorite designs out there. I'd likely order one if you do another run.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I'm a lurker that's been looking to build an APU powered mITX build in the next few months. Your case has my attention as one of my favorite designs out there. I'd likely order one if you do another run.
Welcome to the forum!

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I already said I would like to make more cases. :)

There are quite a few obstacles to overcome before that can happen. I sort of gave up when my last manufacturer (of the L4) said they weren't interested in producing my parts anymore. I would also rather not produce the L4 as-is, so there's a lot of design and testing that needs to be done. I've already designed a number of variations of the L4. For example, in order to not have issues with warped panels, I've considered removing/reducing the side/top vents and going with a front to back cooling strategy. I've also tried to figure out a better way to construct and assemble the entire chassis. The other option is to revisit the L4 design, and try to make it work.

dcbn

Average Stuffer
Aug 20, 2018

There are quite a few obstacles to overcome before that can happen. I sort of gave up when my last manufacturer (of the L4) said they weren't interested in producing my parts anymore. I would also rather not produce the L4 as-is, so there's a lot of design and testing that needs to be done. I've already designed a number of variations of the L4. For example, in order to not have issues with warped panels, I've considered removing/reducing the side/top vents and going with a front to back cooling strategy. I've also tried to figure out a better way to construct and assemble the entire chassis. The other option is to revisit the L4 design, and try to make it work.
It's so good to see you here!

I recently discovered your designs and was fascinated with the clean look.

I'm currently building my first computer, I already have all parts except the case, I was first debating between LZ7 and Dan A4, but I don't have enough money to buy them, considering I would end up paying almost the triple of the price due to the customs fees.

Would you mind answering some questions, please? If not...

1. Do you think would be hard to reproduce your project using only acrylic panels? (As manufacturing only one case with aluminum or steel is very expensive).
  2. Do you think (with some considerable effort) I would be able to place an SFX power supply?
  3. Wouldn't you have any prototype that you are not using nor you are planning to use in the future that you could sell me?
Thank you for all your attention and your help.

I hope you are doing well and I wish you the best of luck on all your projects that you are or have been working.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
It's so good to see you here!

I recently discovered your designs and was fascinated with the clean look.

I'm currently building my first computer, I already have all parts except the case, I was first debating between LZ7 and Dan A4, but I don't have enough money to buy them, considering I would end up paying almost the triple of the price due to the customs fees.

Would you mind answering some questions, please? If not...

1. Do you think would be hard to reproduce your project using only acrylic panels? (As manufacturing only one case with aluminum or steel is very expensive).
  2. Do you think (with some considerable effort) I would be able to place an SFX power supply?
  3. Wouldn't you have any prototype that you are not using nor you are planning to use in the future that you could sell me?
Thank you for all your attention and your help.

I hope you are doing well and I wish you the best of luck on all your projects that you are or have been working.

Actually, @Colinreay or @K888D might be better suited to answering your question towards acrylic, but yes. It's possible. Maybe not this exact design due to clearance issues and panel thickness though.

Considering this design is about 4 liters in volume I don't think that'd fit, but @Kmpkt actually has a brickless build that he's done.

Also, I really can't speak for Lone, but prototypes really don't tend to leave their creator. :p Besides, if they're being used for their work projects and stuff and they need more then I'm sure that reserve has been dipped into also.

Anyway, best of luck to you my friend.

Reactions: Lone and Jello

dcbn

Average Stuffer
Aug 20, 2018
Actually, @Colinreay or @K888D might be better suited to answering your question towards acrylic, but yes. It's possible. Maybe not this exact design due to clearance issues and panel thickness though.
It's fine, I've already talked with @K888D in another place, he is very friendly and kind!

Thank you for the suggestions, though.

Considering this design is about 4 liters in volume I don't think that'd fit, but @Kmpkt actually has a brickless build that he's done.

You are probably right, maybe I can add some centimeters and It can fit, I might try to make some renders and see what I can achieve.

If you are talking about his L1 build, I've checked it and is cute! haha

Also, I really can't speak for Lone, but prototypes really don't tend to leave their creator. :p Besides, if they're being used for their work projects and stuff and they need more then I'm sure that reserve has been dipped into also.

Anyway, best of luck to you my friend.

Totally, I understand it but I was not talking about the first prototype, It was more like the fifth or so.

Anyway, thank you for your time helping me, I really appreciate it!

Have a wonderful rest of weekend. :)

huddy

Caliper Novice
Aug 22, 2018
Thanks all for the welcome.

@Lone,
I really like the front/back cooling setup. Having a front fan also gives options for pushing cool air across motherboards/RAM which always helps component life. My current Lian Li PC-V351B hash 2 fans mounted in the front of the case pushing air across the motherboard/RAM/GPU/soundcard and everything inside as continued to run without a sweat for over 9 years now (I reverted my mild overclocks back to base speeds about 8 years ago to promote component lifespan).

Reactions: Biowarejak and Lone

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
It's fine, I've already talked with K888D in another place, he is very friendly and kind!

Thank you for the suggestions, though.

You are probably right, maybe I can add some centimeters and It can fit, I might try to make some renders and see what I can achieve.

If you are talking about his L1 build, I've checked it and is cute! haha

Totally, I understand it but I was not talking about the first prototype, It was more like the fifth or so.

I'm pretty sure K888D has a case that's fairly similar. Generally when moving to another construction material some details are lost, while others are gained.

SFX power supply would not fit. If you want internal PSU then you should really consider the NCASE M1 or DAN A4. They are more money, but you're getting a lot more case than the L4.

As has been mentioned by Biowarejak, I'm all out of cases. When and if I get a new model produced, then I may have one or two used L4 available for purchase for cheap.

dcbn

Average Stuffer
Aug 20, 2018
First, thank you so much for your attention and your help, It really matters!

I'm pretty sure K888D has a case that's fairly similar. Generally when moving to another construction material some details are lost, while others are gained.
Yes, he does, you are probably talking about the CG7 Cravo, all cases done by @K888D are amazing, sadly, as I said before, I can't buy them due to the customs fees, I'd end up paying the triple of the retail price. :-|

Also, I really liked the "minimalist" look of the L4, It's cute and clean.

SFX power supply would not fit.

That's fine, thank you for answering the PSU question! :)

If you want internal PSU then you should really consider the NCASE M1 or DAN A4. They are more money, but you're getting a lot more case than the L4.

I wish I could buy one of them, but It's the same thing, my country would tax me in 80% of the original price, so, I can't have it, I'm trying to design my own case, so I can build it with acrylic.

Just some mathematics counts to clarify the price I'd end up paying in case I import any case:

• US$195 + 80% = US$351.
  • US$275 * R$4,50 (BRL/USD + card fees) = R$1579,50.
  • Minimum wage in Brazil: R$ 954 (US$ 212).
  • In reality, paying R$ 1579,50 in Brazil is the same as USA citizens paying US$ 1579 for a case. I don't think anyone would pay this for a case or, at least, seems an "unlikely" decision.

(I know It's not your or any case builder fault, I'm just clarifying why "wouldn't be possible to buy" one of them.)

As has been mentioned by Biowarejak, I'm all out of cases. When and if I get a new model produced, then I may have one or two used L4 available for purchase for cheap.

I'd happily buy one of them, even If I had to do some modification to fit an SFX PSU :')

Anyway, @Lone, thank you so much for helping and answering me.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience.

I wish you all the best.

T1M3W4LK3R

Case Bender
Aug 28, 2018

Interesting...hmm...if you make one from aluminium...i will buy it even it cost hundred bucks...i am following you from now on...and with this new L5 make from aluminium, i can smiling and throw my geeek a20 to my friend...

jaagdijot

Trash Compacter
Jan 29, 2018
It would be nice to get support for a 1U/Flex ATX power supply in the next revision.

I am kind of getting sick of the DC board/brick game in my previous L3 builds.

Reactions: xcrco

staircase

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2018
New to PC building. I asked about the low profile vs standard GPU a few pages before

Is the 1050ti the highest/best graphic card for now? and 1050ti is not capable to play vr games. am I correct?

edit* I was told that 1050ti is not good enough for VR. Maybe I can still run vr in lowest setting?

Last edited: