Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

Alinul27

Efficiency Noob
Mar 21, 2023
Hi guys. i'm planning an A4 H2O build and i was wondering if u cand help me with an advice on the aio. The thing is that i want to use as few cables as i can and i'm looking for an AIO with no SATA power cable, just a 3 or 4 pin power cable that goes in the pump header of the motherboard, and a Y cable for the fans to the cpu fan header and the A-RGB but that's optional and on top of that with tubes long enough to route them under the PSU. Does anyone run such a setup? I think i have a week now since i'm looking for such an AIO but i didn't find one that checks all the boxes. The fans are not that important as i already have some Nocutas nf-a12x25 lying around. Thanks.

gahbo

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 1, 2022
I've this case with Ryzen 2600, 6600xt, and ripjaws (if it matters for clearance). 450w corsair sfx

I want to upgrade to 5800x3d, and believe this merits an AIO which I currently don't/never have had. I'm looking at all ID-COOLING AIO's, but I can't tell the difference between Frost, Dash, Aura, and Zoom. Specs all look the same to me. I was thinking of going with one of those once I clear it up, but replace fans with T30 with the removing the pads trick. My other option is the Glacier one mp240 (since the one that comes with t30 doesnt fit).

Do I in fact need AIO, are these good options to consider (given EK Basic is oos), and could I explore other GPUs in the future? I see one user recently commented (on previous page in this thread) that they're having temp troubles with 5800x3d and 6800xt :\

Alinul27

Efficiency Noob
Mar 21, 2023
Maybe some of u have encountered this issue. As i was building my PC, i got all the work done but iget just a black screen.I moved the display to the onboard video output, it posts no problem. When I plug the hdmi cable into the gpu, it shows just a black screen. I think it might be the riser cable but i'm not sure.

I've set the PCI Express to gen 3 in bios but still no go. The case is the one with the Gen 3 Riser cable but it's new, it should have not be a problem.

The Gpu works fine on my other PC so it's not a gpu problem.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Specs: Asus Rog Strix Z690 i-gaming WIFI / 13600K / MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio / Lian Li A4 H2O Gen3 riser cable.

Zuul

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 12, 2023
Hello!

This is my first post on this forum and also my first SFF build. Before I click on the purchase button I would be very grateful if you guys could help me verify the parts so they fit the Lian Li A4-H2O X4.

Case: Lian Li A4-H2O X4
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix B650E- Gaming WiFi
GPU: 7950X3D
GPU: 4090 FE*
RAM: Kingston Fury Beast 64 GB CL30
SSD 1: Kingston Fury Renegade M.2 2TB
SSD 2: Kingston Fury Renegade M.2 1TB
PSU: Lian Li SP850 Gold SFX 80 Plus
AIO: EK-AIO 240 D-RGB
Fans: 2 x Phanteks T30 120 mm

*(L: 304 mm x W : 137 mm, 3 slots: 61 mm)

I choose 7950X3D over 7800X3D because I don't only play games, I also do some productivity, and I also believe it will be a better CPU in the long run.

nsduke

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 17, 2022
It's been redesigned to fit rads with these dimensions: 133x280x30 (WxLxH)

So Black Ice Nemesis GTS 240 133x278x29,6 could fit in this case, at least in theory? (if you slide it in). Can someone confirm this?

I am thinking to switch to a custom loop.

For now, it is Prolimatech Samuel 17 + Raijintek Aeuolus 14mm fan, also a very grateful combination for your nvme m.2, ram and vram temperature.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Looking around, this is the only official 4070 that is shorter than Nvidia's founder's edition.

Founders: ................. 240 mm x 110 mm x 40 mm
Zotac ......................... 225.5 mm x 123.2 mm x 40.1 mm

The small difference in length doesn't get you into too many more cases (according to the SFF Master list) but it is a nice option for sandwich cases.

So Black Ice Nemesis GTS 240 133x278x29,6 could fit in this case, at least in theory? (if you slide it in). Can someone confirm this?

I am thinking to switch to a custom loop.

For now, it is Prolimatech Samuel 17 + Raijintek Aeuolus 14mm fan, also a very grateful combination for your nvme m.2, ram and vram temperature.

Can I ask where the heck you found a Prolimatech Samuel 17? Great cooler but it has been EOL for years now.

nsduke

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 17, 2022
Yes, a great little cooler from the greater company.
Prolimatech is out of business for years now, but somehow Samuel and legendary Megahalems are still available to buy for a cheap price.
Prolimatech Samuel 17 CPU Kühler (caseking.de) ideal combination will be with a 12mm thick slim fan in this case, like one that was in the box with Scythe big Shuriken 2 if you can still find it.
With Aeolus which I have (13mm thick) you can close the side panel but you need to push a little bit :)

Reactions: rfarmer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Yes, a great little cooler from the greater company.
Prolimatech is out of business for years now, but somehow Samuel and legendary Megahalems are still available to buy for a cheap price.
Prolimatech Samuel 17 CPU Kühler (caseking.de) ideal combination will be with a 12mm thick slim fan in this case, like one that was in the box with Scythe big Shuriken 2 if you can still find it.
With Aeolus which I have (13mm thick) you can close the side panel but you need to push a little bit :)
OK I admit it's been a while since I looked for one of these but I can remember searching all over like 3-4 years ago and couldn't find them anywhere, I might buy one just to have around. Too bad the mounting hardware hasn't been updated for AM4 and Intel 1200/1700.

dreesi

Cable Smoosher
Jan 21, 2021
Has anyone found an under-desk mount for the A4 H20? There’s a few 3d printed ones for the original A4, but not the H20. Don’t have enough desk space and need to stick it down below, but off the floor…
I use my ncase m1 under my desk and will change to a h2o. I will reuse my mount for this. It's in german, maybe there is a similar solution in your country:

BONTEC Verstellbare PC Halterung, Computerhalterung Untertisch, CPU-Halterung unter Schreibtisch, Verstellbare Riemen für bis zu 180CM- PC Halterung Untertisch: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

Cb63

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 26, 2023
Hi,
Is A4-H20 possible with :
- i5-13600K undervolt
- 4080FE
- Alphacool Eisbear 240LT (doubt with quick connector)
- SFX SF750 corsair
Thanks

dreesi

Cable Smoosher
Jan 21, 2021
Hey,
your cpu, gpu and power supply are no problem. A good indication is the site pcpartpicker.com, you will find plenty of completed builds with the h2o, for example:

Sadly there is no build with your cpu cooler and the h2o to check out.

Last edited:

Arelius

Trash Compacter
May 4, 2023
If you are just as myself considering the best possible 4070 card for your build in this case, please check my post over on reddit.

If you however already have found and built your case please do share if you did find a even better 4070 card that I have missed and should take a look at!