Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

Loxli

Case Bender
New User
May 20, 2019
Hi guys, I need some help with my build before I make a mistake.

I have a 2080 ti EVGA FTW3 Hybrid, so the liquid-cooled one with a 120mm radiator. would it be possible to fit it in the H2O dan case together with another 120mm radiator for the CPU?

Is it a weird combination? Because if it doesn't fit or performs terribly, I could sell it for 550 euro today and buy another GPU.

Thank you in advance for any answer.

tpm

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 16, 2022
Hello all,

I've been testing 3 different AIO with my DAN H2O. I wanted an AIO for which the tubes are not pressured too much and have the quiestest pump.
Here are my results :

PS : I'm very sensitive to noises and a rattling sound is a NO GO.

1. EK 240mm basic : pump very silent but tubes too short. Too much pressure on them. Tubes can't go under the PSU.
2. Phanteks 240 MP : recommended by a lot of people here for the 7th gen pump : by far the worst AIO. Pump is very noisy. Rattling sound. No bubbles. Tubes fit well though.
3. NZXT Kraken X53 : the perfect one for my personal experience. Tubes go under PSU. Not too much pressure on them and pump is very silent.

Winner : NZXT Kraken X53. Go for it.

nsduke

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 17, 2022
What length are motherboard standoff in this case? And are 55mm exact clearance or there is at least 2-3mm more room.
I am looking to squeeze cpu air cooler that is 60mm in height.

Igor_B

Trash Compacter
Jan 9, 2022
Good day, awesome community,

Can anyone please recommend carry-on air luggage or a backpack for this PC case? Would be really appreciated.

cutedevil

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 19, 2022
Hello all,

I've been testing 3 different AIO with my DAN H2O. I wanted an AIO for which the tubes are not pressured too much and have the quiestest pump.
Here are my results :

1. EK 240mm basic : pump very silent but tubes too short. Too much pressure on them. Tubes can't go under the PSU.
2. Phanteks 240 MP : recommended by a lot of people here for the 7th gen pump : by far the worst AIO. Pump is very noisy. Rattling sound. No bubbles. Tubes fit well though.
3. NZXT Kraken X53 : the perfect one for my personal experience. Tubes go under PSU. Not too much pressure on them and pump is very silent.

Is it the NZXT Kraken X53 non-RGB or X53 RGB? So hard to get stocks here in our country for that non-rgb

Timeless

Caliper Novice
Jul 1, 2021
Good day, awesome community,

Can anyone please recommend carry-on air luggage or a backpack for this PC case? Would be really appreciated.
I would try the Duffel 500 extend hiking carry bag 40 l to 60 l from decathlon. I bought one for that purpose but I need to build the pc. I am waiting for next Gen.

Reactions: Igor_B and rfarmer

joconnell

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2019
@dondan finally getting around to transferring from my a4 to the h20 and after a load of research on the quietness of pumps and wanting to avoid the asetek whine I got a be quiet pure loop - now looking at it in the case before the psu block goes back in it looks like the external block in the tubing is gonna make it incredibly difficult, and some other users are saying it stops 3 slot card use? Has anyone used this pump successfully and can confirm no issues? I bought the h20 to get away from limits and I think this pump might end up causing me a tonne of frustration?

Edit: looks like in tech power ups review they just smooshed the pump / cables up on top of the psu and routed down the side of the ram? I’d imagine they got some fan guards so the cables don’t shove up into the blades?

In your aio list you specify over the psu / under the psu, over makes sense in that the tubes from the aio take an immediate 90 degrees turn and towards the top of the motherboard, for the “under” routing though, does this generally mean vertically down between the psu and gpu? Or do you try and squeeze at along the side of the psu away from the motherboard and underneath the psu?

Thanks all!

Last edited:

joconnell

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2019
Thought I'd share my build...

I've uploaded a video of this on YouTube for those who want to see the build. Any questions feel free to ask me!

YouTube
Ah cool! So this positioning of the aio tubes are what’s meant by “under the psu”? So down the back of the psu and then underneath it down by the ram slots?

joconnell

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2019
Hello all,

Here are my results :

Thanks for that tpm! I’m trying to find out more about peoples routing, you’re going behind the pus to the bottom of the case and then up by the ram chips?

Timeless

Caliper Novice
Jul 1, 2021
Hello all,

Here are my results :

What about the ARCTIC Liquid Freezer 280? I think the artic maybe better.

joconnell

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2019
Can anyone please suggest a good backpack for this case?
It’s not specific to the a4 but what might be worth a look is a large dslr backpack. They have moveable internal Velcro dividers that you make little squares to fit all your things in so you can make a well protected hold all for plenty of things.

Last edited:

joconnell

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2019
Mounting the be quiet in the h20 is a little tricky btw, it's definitely not an under the psu situation, if you pull the cables that tight to make it stretch around the ram, the external pump gets pushed up into the fan and jams it. Sound wise with all the sides off the case there's no pump whine so I'm happy with that!

LeBombardier

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 5, 2022
It looks like there's a new Deepcool AIO in town. Any thoughts on the 240mm version of this? https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/deepcool_ls720_review_(lcs)_review,1.html

The pump seems to be 2mm higher than the 55mm recommended by @dondan, and I believe these radiators may run a little long? Currently have the Phanteks one on order for a 2x PC build, but considering switching to the Deepcool given it sounds like it'll perform better and even run quieter. Tube length is 410mm, so should be good to run under the PSU, and I need all the length I can get to go around the Dominator RAM's! 😁

cutedevil

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 19, 2022
1) Yes this should fit. The total space until you reach the motherboard is 60mm
2) this depends on you PSU wires. If you have thin ones 15mm shouldn't be a problem.

Hi guys, do you think that i can install my nzxt z53 with 4 Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM mounted in push/pull in my brand new Dan A4H2o ?

With flat head screws it could work. Just test it.
I read that the clearance is around 60mm until motherboard.
I bought a NZXT x53 RGB and would like to replace the fans with 2x Phanteks T30 120mm.

Do you guys think its possible? Rad is 30mm + 30mm T30 fans

My mobo is B660-i strix and the rad tube goes under PSU.

If not, should I try Arctic Bionix 120 27mm fans instead?

I don't like the kinda sharp sound of Arctic P12 PWM (CO). Chromax NF A12x25 is so expensive in our country, which is 90 to 95 usd. Plus, I am really impressed by the performance of Phanteks T30 and would like be happy to spend 55 to 60 usd for those 2 fans and don't want to waste money if it is not possible.