Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

astr0s

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 2, 2020
Been running the system for a week now, and I have to say, the performance in my use case is rather incredible. I mostly play an e-sports title with locked a 240 framerate. The active cooling is done completely by the 240mm AIO I have installed. GPU and CPU hower around 60c (AIO liquid ~40c, 50% pump speed) and the system is dead silent (GPU fans are not spinning). Granted, the GPU is running around 30-40% usage and CPU ~20%, but I never saw this scenario in my previous (NR200P) build.

joconnell

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2019
@astr0s Any pump noise / whine coming from it if you have it up higher? You said you're on a kraken x53 over the psu -@dondan is the over the PSU route harder as it's the only one available for pump cables less than 400mm so you've less slack?

Cheers all!

astr0s

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 2, 2020
Yes, its the Kraken X53. If I set the pump to 65%, it goes above 2000rpm and is audible, but that is without load / fans ramping up. I haven't done anything very CPU intensive in a while, but haven't heard it over anything else (fans, game audio etc.) either.

Reactions: joconnell

ThatGuy0rion

Efficiency Noob
Dec 5, 2021
Does anybody have recommendations on how to reduce temps for a rear M.2 drive? My 970 Evo Plus has been running pretty hot, so looking for any solutions. Thinking of trying to squeeze a 15mm or 14mm thick Noctua fan between the riser cable standoff space. (Edit -The temps have been around 60-65°C when at idle and around 75-78°C when gaming)

Last edited:

kllerbee

Efficiency Noob
Aug 14, 2019
Not sure if this is OT. I have my A4 H2O arrived last week, I think this is a great SFF case because of how compact it is but I have complain in the panel of my case. The case cover or the case seems to be not square leaving a gap on the left front upper corner and right back upper corner. The Ncase M1 style where the side panel covers the side of the top panel I think is a better approach. I already informed the supplier here in Singapore and Lian-Li said they are going to replace the top panel because they think is crooked. I don't think this will solved my problem. Any suggestion on how to fix this or only Lian-Li can solve this?

Reactions: thelaughingman

Rajpal

Cable Smoosher
Feb 19, 2022
Seems like overclockers UK still have some delays on this, they are quoting another couple of weeks annoyingly.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Not sure if this is OT. I have my A4 H2O arrived last week, I think this is a great SFF case because of how compact it is but I have complain in the panel of my case. The case cover or the case seems to be not square leaving a gap on the left front upper corner and right back upper corner. The Ncase M1 style where the side panel covers the side of the top panel I think is a better approach. I already informed the supplier here in Singapore and Lian-Li said they are going to replace the top panel because they think is crooked. I don't think this will solved my problem. Any suggestion on how to fix this or only Lian-Li can solve this?

This is normal. Its not a CNC milled case so gaps like this are normal. My samples have them too.

Reactions: rfarmer

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Finished my build in it. Really nice case, fitting the TUF LC 240 tubes are a bit hard but finally work with some patience. The GPU shroud ugly tbh but its one of the few ones in stock so I'll take it.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Asus ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING
Asus TUF GAMING LC 240 ARGB
Crucial Ballistix RGB 2x8GB 3600CL16
Inno3D RTX 3080 ICHILL X4 OC LHR
Crucial P1 1TB + Intel 660p 2TB
Corsair SF750 Platinum

kllerbee

Efficiency Noob
Aug 14, 2019
This is normal. Its not a CNC milled case so gaps like this are normal. My samples have them too.

Gaps like this are ok for samples not for the actual production. You have to admit that the panels do not fit well vs the original A4 or Ncase M1 or S4 Mini. Those cases panel aligns well and they are not CNC'd. Sorry about this post. I feel like I am a killjoy, I am just being honest.

kllerbee

Efficiency Noob
Aug 14, 2019
Gaps like this are ok for samples not for the actual production. You have to admit that the panels do not fit well vs the original A4 or Ncase M1 or S4 Mini. Those cases panel aligns well and they are not CNC'd. Sorry about this post. I feel like I am a killjoy, I am just being honest.
I remedied the issue and somehow lessen the gap. I bend the top angular tab inwards just a hair bit and the lower angular tab outwards of the left side panel. And do the same on the right side but in opposite direction. Then push the panel upwards while tightening the thumbscrew at the back.