Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

alexba

Efficiency Noob
Feb 12, 2022
Hello Dan and Co.
Been rolling my kickstarter A4-SFX since i bought it - what an amazing product. Now I have preordered the A4-H2O.
What do you guys think of the following setup. It is used for portable gaming, carrying it around in a bag walking/cycling between LANs:

Case: Lian Li x Dan A4-H2O

MB: ASUS ROG-STRIX-Z690-I-GAMING-WIFI

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus MZ-V7S1T0BW

PSU: CORSAIR SF Series SF750

RAM: Kingston Technology FURY Beast, 32 GB, 2 x 16 GB, DDR5, 5200 Mhz

AIO: Phanteks Glacier One 240T30 D-RGB Premium AIO Liquid CPU Cooler

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-12600KF

GPU: ROG-STRIX-RTX2080-O8G-GAMING

Monitor: ROG STRIX XG17AHPE

KB: Keychron K2 (modified)

Mouse: Logitech G Pro X Superlight trådløs gaming mus (sort)

Reactions: rfarmer

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The AIO will not fit because fan + radiator is much higher than 55mm. Get the regular Phanteks AIO and it will fit :)

reloader-1

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 12, 2022
Love this case, pre-ordered at Newegg.

Question, given this case only has two fans (on the AIO), I’m planning on swapping them for Noctua Chromax Black ones, should I go with the NZXT X53 Kraken or the EK 240 Basic?

I like Corsair memory, should I go with Vengeance or Dominator?

gahbo

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 1, 2022
Any suggestions on picking an AIO from the list? I don't need anything fancy - currently on ryzen 2600 and will upgrade to maybe 5600x in a few months or so.

TheKDub

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 8, 2022
Love this case, pre-ordered at Newegg.

Question, given this case only has two fans (on the AIO), I’m planning on swapping them for Noctua Chromax Black ones, should I go with the NZXT X53 Kraken or the EK 240 Basic?

I like Corsair memory, should I go with Vengeance or Dominator?
I'd go with the EK, iirc it's a better performer than the NZXT.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Any suggestions on picking an AIO from the list? I don't need anything fancy - currently on ryzen 2600 and will upgrade to maybe 5600x in a few months or so.
Get the Phanteks one. It allows routing the tubes under the psu.

Reactions: gahbo

alexba

Efficiency Noob
Feb 12, 2022
The AIO will not fit because fan + radiator is much higher than 55mm. Get the regular Phanteks AIO and it will fit :)
I am actually thinking about using my Z390-I motherboard and save some money untill a big upgrade:

MB: ASUS ROG-STRIX-Z390-I-GAMING-WIFI

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus MZ-V7S1T0BW

PSU: CORSAIR SF Series SF750

RAM: 16GB DDR5

AIO: ??

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-9600KF

GPU: ROG-STRIX-RTX2080-O8G-GAMING

Monitor: ROG STRIX XG17AHPE

KB: Keychron K2 (modified)

Mouse: Logitech G Pro X Superlight trådløs gaming mus (sort)

Which AIO would be the smoothest for this Dan - mostly carry about noise and that it can get transported around ;)

leodawglu

Cable Smoosher
Jan 28, 2022
Here’s my build:
MB: ASRock Z690m-ITX/AX
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-12700K
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 FE
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB x 2
NVME SSD: PNY CS3030 1TB (PCIe Gen 3) + Inland Premium 1TB (PCIe Gen 3)
PSU: Cooler Master V850 SFX
AIO: Asus TUF Gaming LC240 ARGB AIO

This is the first time I’ve ever build a PC. I’ve watched my friends build PC and binged on LTT + Gamers Nexus + JayzTwoCents + Optimum Tech before attempting this build.

Issues I ran into/Troubleshooting (See pics):
1. Ordered the 3.0 riser cable version since I have an ADT-Link 4.0 riser. Realized the screw holes were spaced differently. Thankfully, the case had the exact spacing screw holes pretapped. Not sure if Lian Li figured that there’d be fools like me and planned for this. So I used to provided standoffs to mount the ADT riser. Remember to place the PSU power cable under the riser!

2. I wanted the aio TUF logo to be upright, so I routed the tubes under the PSU.

3. The fan and rgb cables were a mess, so I bundled and tugged them into the space behind the radiator.

4. The routing of AIO tubes caused collision with the MB front IO, 24 pin and CPU power cables, covering the ram sticks and flooded the GPU section. I had folded the cables and managed to fit them between the ram and PSU right above the plugs. (See before and after pics)

5. Be careful of the plastic clips that hold the aluminum panels flying out when pulling out the panels. I had a clip go missing. Thankfully Lian Li provided one extra.

Overall, it’s an easy build for a beginner, though I did pull an all-nighter cable managing. Have fun with your builds!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
AIOTube Lengthbest tube routing
ASUS ROG Ryuo 240380mmover psu
ASUS ROG Strix LC 240380mmover psu
ASUS TUF Gaming LC 240380mmover psu
be quiet! Pure Loop 240400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240380mmover psu
Corsair Hydro Series H100x380mmover psu
Corsair Hydro Series iCUE H100i RGB Pro XT380mmover psu
Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix380mmover psu
EK Water Blocks EK-AIO 240 RGB/Basic350mmover psu
Enermax Liqmax III ARGB 240400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
Fractal Design Celsius+ S24400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
Fractal Design Lumen S24400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
NZXT Kraken X52400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
NZXT Kraken X53400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
Phanteks Glacier One 240MP(H)400mmunder a SFX!!! psu

Manioq

Efficiency Noob
Feb 9, 2022
Pre-ordered mine from Caseking, Hopefully they will ship it soon.

@dondan wanted to know if it is possible to share with us the 3D File for the PSU cage/bracket so we can mod it to have upside-down PSU like in the T1 to make custom shorter 24pin cable please ?

Volaris

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 1, 2021
Here’s my build:
MB: ASRock Z690m-ITX/AX
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-12700K
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 FE
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB x 2
NVME SSD: PNY CS3030 1TB (PCIe Gen 3) + Inland Premium 1TB (PCIe Gen 3)
PSU: Cooler Master V850 SFX
AIO: Asus TUF Gaming LC240 ARGB AIO

This is the first time I’ve ever build a PC. I’ve watched my friends build PC and binged on LTT + Gamers Nexus + JayzTwoCents + Optimum Tech before attempting this build.

Issues I ran into/Troubleshooting (See pics):
1. Ordered the 3.0 riser cable version since I have an ADT-Link 4.0 riser. Realized the screw holes were spaced differently. Thankfully, the case had the exact spacing screw holes pretapped. Not sure if Lian Li figured that there’d be fools like me and planned for this. So I used to provided standoffs to mount the ADT riser. Remember to place the PSU power cable under the riser!

2. I wanted the aio TUF logo to be upright, so I routed the tubes under the PSU.

3. The fan and rgb cables were a mess, so I bundled and tugged them into the space behind the radiator.

4. The routing of AIO tubes caused collision with the MB front IO, 24 pin and CPU power cables, covering the ram sticks and flooded the GPU section. I had folded the cables and managed to fit them between the ram and PSU right above the plugs. (See before and after pics)

5. Be careful of the plastic clips that hold the aluminum panels flying out when pulling out the panels. I had a clip go missing. Thankfully Lian Li provided one extra.

Overall, it’s an easy build for a beginner, though I did pull an all-nighter cable managing. Have fun with your builds!
Great build. How were temps?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Just pre ordered a black PCI 4.0 version, going to try a Fractal Design Lumen S24 which will hopefully fit with my Gigabyte z690i.

leodawglu

Cable Smoosher
Jan 28, 2022
Great build. How were temps?
CPU temps maxed out at 79C on wile running cinebench, idles at 20~21C (19C ambient).

Was testing the 3070 FE and realized the benchmark was way under. Decided to swap back the original Lian Li PCIe 3.0 riser to diagnose if I have a faulty/fake 4.0 riser (lol). However, noticed that the right standoff collides with the power cable which is directly above it.

@dondan Is it me doing something wrong or something with the location of the right standoff hole/power cable? It’s impossible to screw in. (See pics)

leodawglu

Cable Smoosher
Jan 28, 2022
Managed to make it fit by yanking the power cord to the right. The down side is that the cord can’t be hidden behind the riser cable with standoffs added. I’ll take what I can get ha.

Reactions: rfarmer

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
AIOTube Lengthbest tube routing
ASUS ROG Ryuo 240380mmover psu
ASUS ROG Strix LC 240380mmover psu
ASUS TUF Gaming LC 240380mmover psu
be quiet! Pure Loop 240400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240380mmover psu
Corsair Hydro Series H100x380mmover psu
Corsair Hydro Series iCUE H100i RGB Pro XT380mmover psu
Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix380mmover psu
EK Water Blocks EK-AIO 240 RGB/Basic350mmover psu
Enermax Liqmax III ARGB 240400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
Fractal Design Celsius+ S24400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
Fractal Design Lumen S24400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
NZXT Kraken X52400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
NZXT Kraken X53400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
Phanteks Glacier One 240MP(H)400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
Question is: which AIO is the best performer? Did anyone ever try to compare the best 240mm AIOs on the market?