Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Oh man why I write all this recommendation stuff, send them a list of compatible AIOs, example hardware configurations and send them the manual? This video looks like they didn't put any research or preparation on parts or assembly. Its like hey the case arrieved lets start...

- The only limit for AIOs in this case is pump height and they picked a pump where the tubes comes out directly out of the top. Then they bend it like crazy and wonder about high CPU temps. 98% of all AIOs have tubes coming out of the site these will work much better.

- they route the 24pin connector through the same hole the tubes goes? What? Why not routing over the bottom?

- they installed a SFX-L (this alone makes more trouble than SFX none L) without removing the bottom panel for easier cable management?

- If you know the case and watch the video you see more errors that they cover by cuts.

Ahem.... Should have sent one to us. 😁

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here is a section of the infom material every reviewer got:

Compatibility:

Check AIO pump height, GPU length and get LP RAM - than everything should fit.

GPU: 65 x 150 x 321mm ( WxHxL )
!!! RAM: max height 45mm (to fit tubes above)
Radiator: 125 x 30 x 295mm ( WxHxL )
Radiator Fan: 120 x 120 x 25 mm ( WxHxL)
!!! Pump block height: 55mm

240 AIO compatibility

ASUS ROG Strix LC 240
ASUS ROG Ryuo 240
Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 Series
Corsair Hysro Series H100i
EKWB EK-AIO 240
Fractal Design Lumen S24
MSI MAG CORELIQUID C240
NZXT Kraken Z53/X53/X52
Phanteks Glacier One 240MP(H)Phanteks Glacier One T30 (reuires Noctua A12x15)

Example Hardware configuration:

AMD Ryzen 5900x or 12700K (above 200W TDP will be too much for 240 AIO)
Nvidia RTX 3080 or RTX3090 (Asus Strix/TUF, EVGA FTW or Gigabyte Vision)
Corsair SF600/SF750 or Lian Li SP750 (SFX will be easier to fit than SFX-L)
LP RAM like Corsair Vengeance LPX, Crucial Ballistix

NOTE on RTX 3070/3080/3080Ti FE cards:

These cards will work very well, as long you follow the RTX 30x0 guide and install two 20mm stand offs to increase the distance between PSU und back of GPU for better airflow.
Too bad we forgot to include these stand offs. If you like to test it get 2x stand offs with a length of 20mm and a M3 thread from your local hardware store/building center or buy it on amazon (search for "m3 nylon standoff").

--Attached User Manual pdf
--Attached Founders Guide pdf

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Oh man why I write all this recommendation stuff, send them a list of compatible AIOs, example hardware configurations and send them the manual? This video looks like they didn't put any research or preparation on parts or assembly. Its like hey the case arrieved lets start...

- The only limit for AIOs in this case is pump height and they picked a pump where the tubes comes out directly out of the top. Then they bend it like crazy and wonder about high CPU temps. 98% of all AIOs have tubes coming out of the site these will work much better.

- they route the 24pin connector through the same hole the tubes goes? What? Why not routing over the bottom?

- they installed a SFX-L (this alone makes more trouble than SFX none L) without removing the bottom panel for easier cable management?

- If you know the case and watch the video you see more errors that they cover by cuts.
You know @dondan , sometimes it is so good to witness bad examples.

I fully agree that SFF demands preparation, clearly underestimated by Bitwit...but it is such a good video with tons of lessons learned!

From my point of view Dan A4 H20 represents a more refined & noticeably cheaper version of Sliger SM580...that's a huge achievement!

McPhee

Trash Compacter
Feb 19, 2020
You know @dondan , sometimes it is so good to witness bad examples.

I fully agree that SFF demands preparation, clearly underestimated by Bitwit...but it is such a good video with tons of lessons learned!

From my point of view Dan A4 H20 represents a more refined & noticeably cheaper version of Sliger SM580...that's a huge achievement!

Yup

Just a shame from Lian Li and Dondan's point of view that he also dropped the review early. Wouldn't have been an issue if it dropped alongside half a dozen other reviews.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Yup

Just a shame from Lian Li and Dondan's point of view that he also dropped the review early. Wouldn't have been an issue if it dropped alongside half a dozen other reviews.
Well for me it is not really an issue.
But let’s wait for others reviews like Optimum or hardware canucks

TissueMan

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 4, 2022
Will there be any preorder vendors in Asia? I believe that all 3 vendors do not ship to Asia, or at least Hong Kong. Also is there a shipping date? Thanks really excited for this case

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Can't wait to see the case in hand and try to cramp a custom loop inside! :D
Guess the EK 240 AIO would be like the perfect match but who says no to an external 1080mm SUPERNOVA...

TheRealGlutenbob

Caliper Novice
May 14, 2020
@Aegyuptus I forwarded your question to LianLi
@ludalex:

Combined Test - Chinebecnh R20 multi + ValleyBench - 45min
Hardware: RTX 3080FE, Ryzen 3900X & EKWB 240 AIO + A12x25 push out.

CPU: 4050 Mhz with 1700rpm = 78°C
GPU: 1840Mhz with 1750 rpm = 75°C
Would you say the CPU and GPU were being pushed to near 100% at the same time while running these tests?

If so this is seriously impressive. Was the room temperature extremely cold or something? lol

GH0STW1RE

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 4, 2022
Excited for this case!

I have a 3080 FE. Will this case come with the standoffs to offset the GPU? If not can someone link what I would need to get to offset the GPU?
I'm new-ish to PC building so I'm not too entirely knowledgable on threads, length, etc.

SuperSmashedBro

Chassis Packer
Oct 31, 2021
Excited for this case!

I have a 3080 FE. Will this case come with the standoffs to offset the GPU? If not can someone link what I would need to get to offset the GPU?
I'm new-ish to PC building so I'm not too entirely knowledgable on threads, length, etc.
it comes with it

leodawglu

Efficiency Noob
Jan 28, 2022
Will there be any preorder vendors in Asia? I believe that all 3 vendors do not ship to Asia, or at least Hong Kong. Also is there a shipping date? Thanks really excited for this case
Lian Li Taiwan Facebook rep confirmed that the case be on sale in Taiwan on Feb 11 through PChome, Shopee & Coolpc. I'd ask them through Facebook about release dates and local resellers elsewhere.

Also wondering if the 20mm x M3 standoffs will be included in the official launch? @dondan

Aegyuptus

Cable Smoosher
Jan 4, 2022

If it's any consolation, it's extremely obvious to most viewers that he didn't put in any research or consideration into the build. I cringed watching him. The case looks awesome and well-built, and anyone buying a case like this is going to spend a lot of time carefully picking out parts and making measurement comparisons and checking compatibility lists.

I don't know why Bitwit didn't just hold on for a week before posting the video. He was very clearly in a rush, to the point he didn't even want to wait a couple extra days to get brass standoffs instead of the nylon ones. It reflects badly on him and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get picked to sample new cases by other casemakers going forward. You can't build in a SFF case in a rush. It takes planning and care, especially when you start getting into the ~10L cases (as opposed to something more forgiving like the Meshlicious).

He didn't want to go back and undo his work/put in a new AIO. He just kept forcing everything to fit and eventually did. So I guess his video served two purposes:

1. To reinforce that you should never build in an SFF case without planning and research.
2. To demonstrate that even if you build with no plan, you can (probably) force it to fit anyway-- which makes the case somewhat newbie friendly, because a well-researched newbie will still do 10x better than Kyle did here.