Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

Kiaser21

Chassis Packer
Dec 23, 2016
Anyone or any reports of people not able to purchase? I'm in the US. Amazon payment wouldn't work as it wouldn't accept any address. PayPal gave a "OOPS, try again" error. Paying VISA directly gave same error, too.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Anyone or any reports of people not able to purchase? I'm in the US. Amazon payment wouldn't work as it wouldn't accept any address. PayPal gave a "OOPS, try again" error. Paying VISA directly gave same error, too.

It looks like someone on Reddit had a similar issue, they managed to get round it by registering and entering the address manually.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Is the acrylic, frame strong enough?
I noticed a "fragile" mark on the box...
I put that on the box because shipping companies tend to enjoy throwing packages around, but they are shipped in a bigger outer box as well anyway so there is plenty of protection.

Acrylic panels are strong, but they will crack if you hit them hard enough. The case is strong and sturdy once built up as pointed out by Jay in the @Tek Everything in the fantastic video review above, but I would avoid dropping it if you can!

quetzacoatlx

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 11, 2017
I put that on the box because shipping companies tend to enjoy throwing packages around, but they are shipped in a bigger outer box as well anyway so there is plenty of protection.

Acrylic panels are strong, but they will crack if you hit them hard enough. The case is strong and sturdy once built up as pointed out by Jay in the @Tek Everything in the fantastic video review above, but I would avoid dropping it if you can!
It sounds good.
I also noticed that there are only two screws for holding each edge, is it enough? Since acrylic is somewhat elastic will they wiggle under sheering force?

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
It sounds good.
I also noticed that there are only two screws for holding each edge, is it enough? Since acrylic is somewhat elastic will they wiggle under sheering force?
Once you tighten the screws down they clamp the panels pretty tight and don't move, the panels are held in place firmly, I have not witnessed any wiggling!

Reactions: dcaparros

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Yes every seperate component is available to order on its own, search "LZ7" on their website.
What components are or aren't compatible with the First Edition LZ7 ? I'm looking to replace glossy panels with matte and potentially the black corner pieces.
Do you also have news about the wood panels ?

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
What components are or aren't compatible with the First Edition LZ7 ? I'm looking to replace glossy panels with matte and potentially the black corner pieces.
Do you also have news about the wood panels ?

There are 2 main changes between the First Edition and the Production version:
  1. Power Buttons/IO (Shape Change)
  2. Rear Panel Thickness (3mm > 5mm)
All screw fixing positions have remained in the same place.

The new IO side panel wont fit onto the First Edition as the power button cutout shapes are different. But what I can do is ship you a new side panel in matte finish to the old design if you want to keep the same corner pieces?

Changing all 4 corners from First Edition to new version you will also need a new rear panel if you want it to sit flush.

Kiaser21

Chassis Packer
Dec 23, 2016
It looks like someone on Reddit had a similar issue, they managed to get round it by registering and entering the address manually.

Looks like it actually went through but just gave me the error, which sucks because it means I was double or tripled charged. Now the order is on hold for a fan being out of stock and I gotta figure out a way to dial internationally to solve it lol.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Looks like it actually went through but just gave me the error, which sucks because it means I was double or tripled charged. Now the order is on hold for a fan being out of stock and I gotta figure out a way to dial internationally to solve it lol.
Sorry to hear that, if you need me to get in touch with them for you let me know.

MP-Canuck

Cable Smoosher
Aug 29, 2017
How well would this case perform in a non-air conditioned room in the summertime with 30C ambient temps? I realize it probably depends on the hardware inside but generally could a system be kept reasonably quiet in this case with high ambient temps?