Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

coughlanio

Typical Gaijin
Aug 22, 2017
What's the easiest/cheapest way for me to get a case to Japan? Overclockers.co.uk doesn't seem to ship to Japan unfortunately.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
What's the easiest/cheapest way for me to get a case to Japan? Overclockers.co.uk doesn't seem to ship to Japan unfortunately.
At the moment it would be for me to send one to you direct, send me a PM with the options you want to go for.

I'm currently out of stock of black and orange corner pieces, I've got more on order but the lead time is about 4 weeks away.

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
Theoretically would it be possible to create/put another panel with a slim intake fan, instead of that for the drives? I mean for those who want to install only one m.2 SSD.
I'm waiting for the RX Vega Nano!

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Theoretically would it be possible to create/put another panel with a slim intake fan, instead of that for the drives? I mean for those who want to install only one m.2 SSD.
I'm waiting for the RX Vega Nano!
Welcome to the forum!

Theoretically yes, although you would also need a new front panel that has more venting on it in front of the where the fan would be.

I am working on some new cooling options for those who may want to go down the DC-DC power supply route, will hopefully have something to show this coming week.

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
Could you create a new panel? Or does it take too time/work? I think it would bring the ventilation of this chassis to extreme levels!

And what about top panel? Would there be room for another slim fan with sfx PSU installed?

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Could you create a new panel? Or does it take too time/work? I think it would bring the ventilation of this chassis to extreme levels!

And what about top panel? Would there be room for another slim fan with sfx PSU installed?
No room for adding slim fan to the top panel without lowering the SFX power supply which would then reduce your CPU cooler height.

Vents could be added to the front panel quite easily, the problem is predicting whether it will be popular enough to warrant Overclockers UK stocking it as an option.

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
No room for adding slim fan to the top panel without lowering the SFX power supply which would then reduce your CPU cooler height.

Vents could be added to the front panel quite easily, the problem is predicting whether it will be popular enough to warrant Overclockers UK stocking it as an option.

I don't know if it's a waste of time, but maybe you could demonstrate the improvements with another Prolimatech fan installed on that new panel.
M.2 drive now are not so expensive than the others nowdays.

EDIT

What do you think about a "flower" CPU cooler like Zalman CNPS8900? It's 60mm tall, perfect for this case.

Last edited:

lasek

Average Stuffer
Feb 22, 2017
Can't recomment the Prolimatech Vortex 140, it has a very annoying high pitch motor noise even at low rpms.
Ordered the noctua 120 pwm, will post when it's installed!

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Can't recomment the Prolimatech Vortex 140, it has a very annoying high pitch motor noise even at low rpms.
Ordered the noctua 120 pwm, will post when it's installed!
What RPM are you running it at? Ideally you should aim for under 600 rpm with this fan for silent operation, it still pumps out a tonne of airflow even at this RPM.

Also out of curiosity which vent pattern are you using? The Aero vent style although stylish is not the quietest vent type.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
fan guard. its a bit better without, but even at lowest rpm, it's noisest of my case.
What is your lowest rpm the motherboard will run the fan at though?

Some motherboards are better than others for controlling fan speed. If for example the minimum fan power your motherboard allows is 50% then it will run the fan at around 750rpm, this is well above what the fan is capable of running at and it starts to become quite audible around this point.

lasek

Average Stuffer
Feb 22, 2017
around 500rpm; but I can differentiate the normal airflow noise that comes at about 700rpm from the annoying one that comes at all speeds.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Here's something a bit exciting:

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Oh, that looks really nice! What's running in there?

It my usual i7-7700 system with GTX 1070, but I've swapped out the SFX power supply for the HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX, and replaced the CPU cooler with the Noctua NH-U9S, the rear panel has been modified to include a 92mm/80mm fan mounting position with cyclone vent pattern for maximum airflow.

Temperatures are around 10C lower on the CPU under heavy load compared to the NH-L12 + SFX PSU, system temps are a little lower too.

Front panel with anti-vandal switch will be available soon? I want to buy lz7.

after seeing this I am going to hold off on buying the wife's case until these are released

The Vandal IO panels, Non IO Front Corner, Vandal switches, HDPLEX mounting panel, DC Rear Panel and Custom XL Vent Top panel will all be available in around 6 - 8 weeks stocked at Overclockers UK.