Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I could never be without my computer for so long, lol, but thanks for the suggestion

If you take a straight line out the middle front facing surface of a standard sfx power supply across to the front edge of an ITX motherboard, then 90 degree bend downwards to the top surface of the motherboard, you are talking a measurement of roughly 21cm.

This is presuming the main power connector is along the front edge of your motherboard. The 4 pin power connector may be in a different position and require more length, possibly up to 30cm if it's near the side rear of the board.

From the middle of sfx psu to top of storage drive panel with a small bend downwards your talking roughly 14cm.

From the middle of the sfx psu to the power connector on a typical itx GPU is roughly 18cm - 22cm depending on socket positions.

Please note these are rough figures, every build combination will be slightly different. Add some extra length to each cable if your not 100% sure.

It's probably safer to wait and measure properly though, it's pretty much guaranteed those figures quoted above won't be tailored to your specific build!

Alright, thanks. I really want the minimalistic panel. The other panel looks great, but I just can't deal with front I/O cables anymore. They are the bane of cable management in small spaces.

I will see what I can do to make them available as an extra panel to order seperately.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Is that with both of the NH-L12 fans and operating in your M1 case I presume? I might be reading it wrong, but it looks like the Diode temp maxed around 74C and the CPU temp maxed around 67C? Not sure what the difference is between those 2 figures.
You are correct, 67°C ! I got confused with the Diode temp.
Only the top 120mm fan is being used.

The 44°C in idle is on the high side though. Or wasn't that idle?
It's a Ryzen 1800X with a rather high Vcore range of 1.3 to 1.5V, I'm glad the NH-L12 single-fan can manage it :)

dcaparros

Trash Compacter
May 19, 2017
You are correct, 67°C ! I got confused with the Diode temp.
Only the top 120mm fan is being used.

It's a Ryzen 1800X with a rather high Vcore range of 1.3 to 1.5V, I'm glad the NH-L12 single-fan can manage it :)

This test is a little different of the scenario we'll be using in LZ7 (no 120mm and using the 92mm, with a 140mmX15mm fan blowing air from the side) but I believe that proves that NH-L12 is a good solution for ryzen....

I think that your vcore is a little too high, but that is silicon lottery, right?

Math

What's an ITX?
Aug 20, 2017
I really like the design and the simplicity of the LZ7 case. I would like to have a i7-7700k and use the pc as a portable workstation for SolidWorks. What would be needed to make it work if all were possible? A better and taller CPU coller like the Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP and make the case taller? Thank you!

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I really like the design and the simplicity of the LZ7 case. I would like to have a i7-7700k and use the pc as a portable workstation for SolidWorks. What would be needed to make it work if all were possible? A better and taller CPU coller like the Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP and make the case taller? Thank you!

Thank you and welcome to the Forum!

The highest CPU I've personally tested in the LZ7 is an i7-7700 (non K), but it runs quite comfortably.

A few people who bought the First Edition put i7-6700K's in theirs without issue, so I guess it depends on what your expectations are?

I'm sure you could run an i7-7700k no problem when paired with a suitable sub 65mm tall cooler, so long as you don't mind running at stock clocks or expect too much of an overclock.

I am thinking at some point of releasing an alternative rear panel for those who would like to use a DC power supply + external brick, this would open up all the space of the SFX power supply so you can use a tower cooler up to something like 125mm in height.

Reactions: Biowarejak

alinescoo

Average Stuffer
Feb 3, 2017
This is on the expensive side for me, but really a great case.
Looking forward to see how this evolves and in what configs it will be used.

Great work.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Lazer3D are proud to announce the LZ7 PC case is now available to order from Overclockers UK, the UK's top online retailer for Performance PC hardware.

Prices start at around £179.99 with a huge range of customisation options and accessories to choose from, all in stock and ready for immediate shipping to many countries world-wide**.

To customise and order your case follow the link below:

Overclockers UK Product Page

A full visual configurator will be coming soon to Overclockers UK, but in the meantime you can check what your options will look like using the Lazer3D LZ7 Configurator here:

LZ7 Configurator

**if Overclockers UK cannot ship to your country please message me directly to see if I can help.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Congrats on a new epic milestone ! I hope these sell well, it's a case design well deserving of commercial success !

Reactions: K888D