Production Lazer3D - LZ XTD - Alternative Designs

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
If anyone is curious a RTX 2080Ti can in the standard case, with a small caveat :)

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
Ha ha! I guess your waiting for the XTD panels then?!
Yes, I am patiently waiting. Unfortunately my PSlate Custom MB cable does not work with my new SF600 for some unknown reason. So I am now using the stock 24pin cable until I can work out why. I sent him an email about it today. (So that is what I am really waiting for right now!)

The only concern I have about waiting is for the end of March. I'm hoping Brexit doesn't make deliveries to mainland Europe difficult XD. But otherwise it doesn't both me so much, extra airflow is always nice!

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Unfortunately my PSlate Custom MB cable does not work with my new SF600 for some unknown reason.

Strange, did it work with a previous power supply?

The only concern I have about waiting is for the end of March. I'm hoping Brexit doesn't make deliveries to mainland Europe difficult XD. But otherwise it doesn't both me so much, extra airflow is always nice!

I have no clue how Brexit is going to affect Lazer3D, if the pound drops in value against the Euro/Dollar then that could mean the cases will be cheaper for you guys, but I guess it also depends on what happens with raw material costs.

In terms of shipping though I can't see this being affected, we can get pretty reasonable rates to most countries worldwide including those that aren't part of Europe.

pslate

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2018
Yes, I am patiently waiting. Unfortunately my PSlate Custom MB cable does not work with my new SF600 for some unknown reason. So I am now using the stock 24pin cable until I can work out why.

Sent you an email reply as well, but this is due to the 24 pin not having the sense (double) wires on it. You can get away without them on Silverstone and the SF Gold PSUs, but the SF Platinum needs these to be stable. No problem sending you a replacement though, just send me a reply confirming your address!

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
Sent you an email reply as well, but this is due to the 24 pin not having the sense (double) wires on it. You can get away without them on Silverstone and the SF Gold PSUs, but the SF Platinum needs these to be stable. No problem sending you a replacement though, just send me a reply confirming your address!
Thanks again for your quick response, we can continue emailing each other since its now OT :)

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Hey guys,

I had a sample XTD case ready to send out to @Tek Everything for him to look at (sorry for the delay Jay!), but I have tweaked the power supply mounting design (to route the power cable internally) since making this sample and didn't want to send him an out of date case. This version has the power cable exiting the case under the base panel.

So, I was thinking it might be a good idea to offer this sample case to you guys at a reduced price of £50 + shipping to your country (usually around £20 for Europe or £35 rest of world). It's a full case with all the parts required to construct a full case, including the angled power cable and Vandal power button. This case is also backwards compatible with the LZ7 (vandal power switch version) for anyone who already owns one. The main panels are grey with a set of smoked/etched top and sides and a second set of plain matte black top and side panels.

This is the configuration of the case on offer (case only included):

As there may be a few of you who are interested, please can you post below a short description of the system you would build into the case if you were to receive it. I will give you till Monday 28th Jan 13:00 GMT to post your build descriptions, after which I will open it up to a vote to decide who gets the case. A condition of purchasing this case would be to post your build and feedback (with photos) into this thread, I hope that seems fair?

Some quick size specs / restrictions of the case to help plan your build:
  • GPU - Up to 269mm in length, 131mm in height (with 10mm recessed PCIe power connector, e.g. Gigabyte GTX 1070 ITX just fits height wise). Tested with EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition (touches front panel but fits ok) and NVidia RTX 2080 Founders Edition.
  • CPU - Up to 135mm in height (compact tower cooler is ideal such as Noctua NH-U9S)
  • Case Fans - 1x 140/120mm slim fan (side), 1x 92x25mm fan (rear).
  • Storage - 2x 2.5" drives
  • AIO compatibility - 1x 120mm or 140mm AIO mounted to top panel above main motherboard area
  • Top Panel - Extra fans can be mounted to the top panel up to 140mm x 25mm.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
What a great offer to the community. Personally I would love this, especially being in the UK but I could only put some lower powered components in it. I might like to have a go at modding it to make it passive at the same time, but that's probably not what you are after either. :)

Anyway would love it.

Last edited:
Reactions: K888D

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
I've seen this running, amazing engineering skill and detail gone into the XTD, just like everything else they do ;)

Sample system with a 5ghz 8700k, 1080ti and the 2080 FE, the thermals and acoustics were on par with full size builds. I shit you not!

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
Nice offer to the community, but unfortunately my 2080Ti is 269.69!

I'm looking forwards to how the final design will look and what panel options will be available.

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
Which brand/model of 2080 Ti do you have?

I have the EVGA 2080TI Black, in the picture in this thread ;)

I don't want to enter though as I feel it would be a waste of materials for me, since I already have the LZ7. Also I plan to leave the PSU where it is and eventually put a 120mm AIO (in a year or so) above your PSU position. And eventually move to have 2x120mm fans on the GPO side similar to what MultiDoc did in his thread: Ncase M1 v5 build - Max on air...

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
Hey guys,

I had a sample XTD case ready to send out to @Tek Everything for him to look at (sorry for the delay Jay!), but I have tweaked the power supply mounting design (to route the power cable internally) since making this sample and didn't want to send him an out of date case. This version has the power cable exiting the case under the base panel.

So, I was thinking it might be a good idea to offer this sample case to you guys at a reduced price of £50 + shipping to your country (usually around £20 for Europe or £35 rest of world). It's a full case with all the parts required to construct a full case, including the angled power cable and Vandal power button. This case is also backwards compatible with the LZ7 (vandal power switch version) for anyone who already owns one. The main panels are grey with a set of smoked/etched top and sides and a second set of plain matte black top and side panels.

This is the configuration of the case on offer (case only included):

As there may be a few of you who are interested, please can you post below a short description of the system you would build into the case if you were to receive it. I will give you till Monday 28th Jan 13:00 GMT to post your build descriptions, after which I will open it up to a vote to decide who gets the case. A condition of purchasing this case would be to post your build and feedback (with photos) into this thread, I hope that seems fair?

Some quick size specs / restrictions of the case to help plan your build:
  • GPU - Up to 269mm in length, 131mm in height (with 10mm recessed PCIe power connector, e.g. Gigabyte GTX 1070 ITX just fits height wise). Tested with EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition (touches front panel but fits ok) and NVidia RTX 2080 Founders Edition.
  • CPU - Up to 135mm in height (compact tower cooler is ideal such as Noctua NH-U9S)
  • Case Fans - 1x 140/120mm slim fan (side), 1x 92x25mm fan (rear).
  • Storage - 2x 2.5" drives
  • AIO compatibility - 1x 120mm or 140mm AIO mounted to top panel above main motherboard area
  • Top Panel - Extra fans can be mounted to the top panel up to 140mm x 25mm.

Wow looks amazing!

I'd be all over it, but I don't have a mITX system atm, and even if I did my gpu (GTX1080 STRIX) can't possibly fit. I'm sure somebody has a proper system to do it justice :)

If, somehow, nobody was interested... do let me know, as I'm in Spain and thus shipping would be pretty cheap. But I wouldn't be using the case for at least a couple of months, since I'm renovating my apartment.

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018
I’m planning on picking up a Radeon VII next month, would that fit? I’m not even sure what the dinensions of the card are if i’m honest...

/edit

Sapphire says 268mm long and 120mm tall, allowing 10mm for PCIe connectors that’s going to be tight.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I’m planning on picking up a Radeon VII next month, would that fit? I’m not even sure what the dinensions of the card are if i’m honest...

Good question! It has 3 fans (I think), so I would assume it is above reference length and therefore won't fit. Hopefully it's reference length though.