• SFF.N will be offline briefly for scheduled maintenance on Friday, February 21st, from 5 PM to 5:30 PM EST.

Production Lazer3D - LZ XTD - Alternative Designs

step83

Average Stuffer
Dec 23, 2018
Is there any way I can login to check the status of my order? I created an account but can't see a login button.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Is there any way I can login to check the status of my order? I created an account but can't see a login button.
I don't think there is, but if you send me a message on here or through our website with your order number I can let you know.

HAshfaq786

Cable Smoosher
Nov 21, 2019
Just on the verge of buying myself an LZ7 XTD. However just wanted some guidance.

Looking to get a 9600K/9700K and cool this with the NH C14S.

Just wanted to know if anyone has tried using the NH C14S within the case and if so did it fit well or were there any issues?

rapidshrub

Caliper Novice
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2019
Just on the verge of buying myself an LZ7 XTD. However just wanted some guidance.

Looking to get a 9600K/9700K and cool this with the NH C14S.

Just wanted to know if anyone has tried using the NH C14S within the case and if so did it fit well or were there any issues?
Doesn't fit. I have a post with pictures several pages back. I've tried several coolers in this case, look through my posts.

I have a Thermalright Silver Arrow 130 installed right now, I've been waiting to post about it until I get my case fans straightened out. In short, its marginally better (a couple degrees Celsius) than the NH D9S and can be mounted in any direction on AMD platforms.

Reactions: K888D

rapidshrub

Caliper Novice
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2019
I've had some time to play around with the Silver Arrow 130 and a Cryorig XT 140. The XT 140 was noisy due to turbulence so I installed a NF-A12x15 that I had on hand and don't get any noise with it, so its found its home. I really cant recommend the Silver Arrow over the NH-D9S with the stock fan but prefer this setup aesthetically. My goal was to install everything with the tower rotated perpendicular to the RAM and in line with the front fan but could only install the stock fan in that orientation because true 120mm fans hit the RAM and motherboard I/O. So while you can install the Silver Arrow 130 in any orientation on AMD platforms, unlike the D9S, you're limited to the stock fan which I couldn't stand. I never did any true testing but from what I can tell the thermals are only marginally better than the D9S; however, the D9S is quieter than the Silver Arrow with the stock fan. My current setup gives me the best acoustics overall. I'm generally seeing CPU temperatures in the low 70's CPU while gaming (3600, PBO off) and low 70's on the 2080.

Here's a few pictures with everything installed, I plan to replace everything in the future with Chromax fans.

Last edited:

step83

Average Stuffer
Dec 23, 2018
With mine I have the U9S fan orientation is a bit different but not ideal.
The front 120/140 has a Noctua slim 120 as an exhaust with a fan on the the heatsink graphics card side drawing air in. seems happ enough temps are within the acceptable range, GPU is noisy but thats the GPU's design.

On that, has anyone tried to shoehorn in a 240mm rad where the GPU would usually sit? I know there are fan mounts, but not sure if they rad would interfere, though I guess I could route the rad an attach it to the outside using the gap were the IO for the GPU would usually be.