LAN peripherals?

zovc

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 5, 2017
Ebay. AUO 4k

Whoa, I did a quick google search at work and wasn't very impressed. I was expecting it to have a crap refresh rate or something as a catch... 4K at 144Hz on a 17.3" screen? Nice. Now to track down the controller and see what it's like.

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
Whoa, I did a quick google search at work and wasn't very impressed. I was expecting it to have a crap refresh rate or something as a catch... 4K at 144Hz on a 17.3" screen? Nice. Now to track down the controller and see what it's like.
It's not 4K at 144HZ, but, some of them depending on which laptop it's supposed to be in has G-Sync. If you find a panel, look at the laptop and see if it has G-Sync and those are G-SYNC compatible.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Yea, I've been seriously considering it.
Ducky is about to release their separated numpad, the Ducky Pocket (video), that uses RGB lighting and Cherry MX switches and PBT keycaps AND it even doubles as a portable calculator (warning: butt shot).

It's currently available for preorder if anyone is interested.

Do you know if this registers as actual numpad keys? Nothing in the detailed specs on the pre-order page indicates whether or not it does.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 5, 2017
I think @||| is specifically asking if it registers in drivers as "num1" input rather than just "1 key" input. Like, specifically numpad input rather than typical keyboard input--I don't know enough to know if Windows or other operating systems normally differentiate them but for the purpose of gaming and macro-ing and productivity it makes sense to track the keys as different inputs.

Reactions: |||

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Interesting...thanks! I think I'll do a 'wait and see' to see how it really performs.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Numrow are the number buttons above the QWERTY keys; Numpad are the numbers in the ten-keypad. Yes, they are registered differently. For instance, if you are trying to type in an extended ASCII character (Alt+####), you need to use the Numpad.

Reactions: zovc

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
Numrow are the number buttons above the QWERTY keys; Numpad are the numbers in the ten-keypad. Yes, they are registered differently. For instance, if you are trying to type in an extended ASCII character (Alt+####), you need to use the Numpad.
Oh

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
For instance, if you are trying to type in an extended ASCII character (Alt+####), you need to use the Numpad.

Exactly this. I have a 10KL keyboard for gaming but I decided I wanted a Numpad for working, but the Filco numpad I got outputs number row instead of Numrow instead of Numpad and I can't type things like the degree symbol on it :(