Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

BigBlackG

Cable Smoosher
Mar 14, 2018
That's a super nice build! I was dreaming of it but decided to wait for Threadripper 2.
Why wait.. build two. That's my plan.

I want to get a gun metal Cerberus X for my day-to-day box to replace my itx 1700. This mATX build is only for Plex, VMs and few dockers.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I didn't. The second power connector is optional on some boards and really comes into play if you plan on overclocking -I'm not- (drawing huge power). I'm also using a low powered Quadro 1200k for a GPU so there isn't much stress on the 600W PS.
Cool..:)

Scottagecheeze

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 10, 2017
Hi everybody,

Been lurking for a while now, posted a few questions but mainly I've been waiting to post once I started my build. Currently in the cable management stage and will be posting a better build log in the coming days with more details, but wanted to show a quick shot of my build with my custom loop. Pretty pleased with how everything turned out. I would consider this pic a glamour shot since there are no cables.

Syr

Cable Smoosher
Feb 17, 2018
When the cases ship, will the tracking be delivered by email?

I was wondering since the window side panels were slated to ship today. I had also talked to a rep previously on the support email and opted to get my case w/ a b-grade side panel early though i never got any communications after that, but then I saw that the side panels were coming earlier than expected so I figured it wasn't shipped early after all.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hi everybody,

Been lurking for a while now, posted a few questions but mainly I've been waiting to post once I started my build. Currently in the cable management stage and will be posting a better build log in the coming days with more details, but wanted to show a quick shot of my build with my custom loop. Pretty pleased with how everything turned out. I would consider this pic a glamour shot since there are no cables.

Nice setup..:)
I bet you will use hdplex psu..:)

At last, you can also replace your noctua fan on radiator by something lese better in noise/cooling ratio. Dark side gentle typhoon or Ek vardar evo are obvious choice..:)

lomskat404

Chassis Packer
Mar 12, 2018
Hey. I was wondering. Out of curiosity - have you ever shipped to Poland before, or am I the first to have Cerberus in my country?

MunneY

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2016
youtube.com
Okay,

Im finally back and scrapping the idea I had for a monster PC.

I cant decide what I want to do with this build. I'm already on X299 so I can either do this case and or the Ncase I already have in my possession. I'm leaning more towards this so I can have ample radiator support vs the Ncase.

Also, you guys know you're server is over bandwidth at sliger right ?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Hey. I was wondering. Out of curiosity - have you ever shipped to Poland before, or am I the first to have Cerberus in my country?

You're first!

Also, you guys know you're server is over bandwidth at sliger right ?

I did not notice, have a support ticket in - hopefully back up early tomorrow.

axtran

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
Why wait.. build two. That's my plan.

I want to get a gun metal Cerberus X for my day-to-day box to replace my itx 1700. This mATX build is only for Plex, VMs and few dockers.

I have a build being planned for a Lian-Li PC-O6SX... perhaps I should Threadripper that one and save my Cerberus-X for TR2? ;)

Reactions: BigBlackG

O_and_N

Average Stuffer
Aug 18, 2016
I have been away too long from this thred and cant belive its finally on sail.
Congrats!!!
And i love the extra parts(mainly the wood top panels)
Im not sure if anyone said it, but woudnt be better to offer the wood panel with the perforation like the metal one?If we put it as is, exausting air looks to be reduced quite a bit.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I have my Cerberus X setup in the way it exhausts air on top with a slim 120mm fan. I'm not sure how I'd go about it if it wasn't possible, perhaps exhaust out the front ?

O_and_N

Average Stuffer
Aug 18, 2016
Apart from the possible wood panel perforation, I loud like to suggest two more accessories. If people like the idea/make it better as its a quick 3d sketch,i hope Aiboh can make a poll to see how many people will want this for the matx and atx case.

Here it goes.(please forgive potato render)

Make a simple 17/20/23mm max extrusion to a aditional left side panel(obviously add the vents and all).Just a simple extrusion and than people can add up to 165mm tall coolers and free all the fan slots from AIO if needed.

https://ibb.co/iXNP77

You can see that the extrusion is centered so you can modify a existing panel without to have problems with the existing attachment.I loud definitely buy such a accessory.

The other thing is kind of stupid and i was having doubts about posting it so please dont laugh too much XD
Right side panel that can hold a full atx psu and some space for a nice rats nest of cables.You can use the existing holes on the motherboard tray,or dril one more at home and take out as much cable as you need and leave the rest inside the panel compartment.

https://ibb.co/nMXP77
https://ibb.co/cQLi0S
https://ibb.co/k3tQEn

(But i hope silverstone makes a revision to that crap 800w sfx-l psu so that we can do things like we were supose to.)

O_and_N

Average Stuffer
Aug 18, 2016
What’s wrong with the SS 800? I liked the SS 700 model.
Mine died just after 5 days of non stop work. just hade the pc render and nothing more.I though this was a 24/7 sertified psu.I just returned it to the store and got a refund.Find a review,aparently they didnt use the premium stuff inside and it is much closer to the lian li 750.And only one cpu power cable?This thing was clearly developed with 2015/16 in mind.

Saw some reviews on amazon and new egg and im not the only one after a few days of work.

Roll Over

Efficiency Noob
Apr 5, 2016
I have built in my Cerberus case but cannot get the LED in the power button to illuminate, is there some trick to it? I have checked the wiring and it appears to be a solid connection.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Mine died just after 5 days of non stop work. just hade the pc render and nothing more.I though this was a 24/7 sertified psu.I just returned it to the store and got a refund.Find a review,aparently they didnt use the premium stuff inside and it is much closer to the lian li 750.And only one cpu power cable?This thing was clearly developed with 2015/16 in mind.

Saw some reviews on amazon and new egg and im not the only one after a few days of work.
Well, my sx800 lti is working like a charm since 8-9 months.
After failure happens, even to best brand.

I remember of my expensive seasonic that burst out after less than one week...it happens...what matters is after sales management..:)

Soules

Caliper Novice
Feb 26, 2018
Here is my build its a Maximus Gene 6700k delid with a 1070 and an Predator X34.

Cant seem to fix the second picture? my bad.

Reactions: Johnny0971