Production J-HACK PURE XL - 6.5L

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Yeah. It'll be attached to the cover which provides structural strength.

Another truck you could use is to punch some stiffening lofts, but that might add a bit more cost. See what tooling your manufacturer has. It might be a good idea.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Production started. Expected 2-4 weeks for completion, and 2-4 for packaging and assembly.

Final specs: 191 mm x 156 mm x 218 mm external dimension. 6.5L
CPU Cooler: 71mm with SFX PSU, 135mm without
GPU: Up to 172mm length (or a bit longer if you're willing to fiddle with it more), max 30 mm heigh over reference size including power connector.
Fan support: Up to 140mm with single slot GPU, Dual 92/80 depending on motherboard clearance
SSD support: 2x 2.5 SSD in place of 92/80 fans. Those handy with double sided tape can find many places to fit them.

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
No support for G-unique Archdemon?
Very nice case but I really don't like that power button position... top, lateral or back position would better imho.

Last edited:

maxdfw

Smol Form Factor
Aug 21, 2019
I cant wait! I have a system in a temporary case just waiting for this to be released. I'll be upgrading to a Big Shuriken 3 with a 25mm Noctua Chromax fan and a 120mm fan duct that meets the top of the case vents for cooling once I put it in the new case.

Pic of the setup:
https://i.postimg.cc/mrLvZsg1/IMG-0957.jpg

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Are you using an external brick? If so then I recommend a small tower cooler like the noctua U9S or the Scythe Byakko. Or the scythe choten.

maxdfw

Smol Form Factor
Aug 21, 2019
Are you using an external brick? If so then I recommend a small tower cooler like the noctua U9S or the Scythe Byakko. Or the scythe choten.

Yeah, I'm using the 160XT + 192w brick combo from Pico. I debated the U9S, but I want the downdraft cooling to get some air on my ram and VRM as well. I prefer that style of cooler.

I'll see once I get the case. If I can fit a 25mm thick fan on the right side of the case I might go with a mini tower.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Yeah, I'm using the 160XT + 192w brick combo from Pico. I debated the U9S, but I want the downdraft cooling to get some air on my ram and VRM as well. I prefer that style of cooler.

I'll see once I get the case. If I can fit a 25mm thick fan on the right side of the case I might go with a mini tower.

Ah, I'd just go ahead with Choten instead. You can replace it with your Noctua, and it sits very close to the panel.

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
Can you describe the airflow design of this case? From what I can see, the PSU draws in air from the top, GPU draws in air from one side, and 2x 92mm fans draws in air from the other, where does the air exhaust? The CPU cooler will impact airflow too, is this meant to be used with a tower cooler or a top down cooler?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Can you describe the airflow design of this case? From what I can see, the PSU draws in air from the top, GPU draws in air from one side, and 2x 92mm fans draws in air from the other, where does the air exhaust? The CPU cooler will impact airflow too, is this meant to be used with a tower cooler or a top down cooler?

It is as you described for most builds. The GPU exhausts air in the front and rear of the case, as that is the direction the fins run in most short GPUs. The side fans as intake pushes air out the rear, where there are vents above the rear IO. Or if you place them as exhaust, it would pull the warm air as negative pressure and exhaust it outside the case.

The most common build would be an SFX PSU, a LP cooler like Noctua NH-L12, and a moderately powerful GPU like RTX 2060S.

External PSU, such like Mini Box 160XT kit, you can run a small tower cooler, or a top down cooler like the Sycthe Choten, and a short 1650. If you use a single slot card, you can also run a large 120/140mm fan where the GPU slot is.

Reactions: Weredawg

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I will add more pics next week. Taking a small vacation for the labor day weekend.

Those interested in black and white will have to accept small imperfections on the white paint surface. Unfortunately that is the nature of white powder coating unless have a fancy environment controlled powder coater. The imperfections are not visible at 3ft.

I recommend black if you're adverse to it. So many enjoyed the black and white scheme I tried it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaro and Weredawg

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
Is there any way to get wood involved? Maybe the white front panel can be walnut? Like how the LZ7 does. PS, the case looks great!

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Is there any way to get wood involved? Maybe the white front panel can be walnut? Like how the LZ7 does. PS, the case looks great!

Unfortunately wood is really hard to make bends.

It is constructed out of an all metal design. I guess one can really set up a wood like vinyl wrap.

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
Pre-sale now available.

Expected ship date: 10 SEP 2019.

Currently only Matte Black is available for pre-sale. $154.95 is the final available price.

Exciting news! Can't wait to see builds in this case and possibly see some reviews