Production J-HACK PURE XL - 6.5L

Sam

Caliper Novice
Jul 19, 2019
What if you keep design the way it is and PSU position, just increase the length by 51mm so it is 270mm in total. Would be exactly 8.04L. I think new front room might accommodate a 92mm or 120mm AIO also.

Last edited:

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
What if you keep design the way it is and PSU position, just increase the length by 51mm so it is 270mm in total. Would be exactly 8.04L. I think new front room might accommodate a 92mm or 120mm AIO also.

So basically a slightly smaller SG13

Sam

Caliper Novice
Jul 19, 2019
Much smaller, from 11.5 to 8.04L, that's Dan A4 territory. There is no case on the market without pcie riser that would fulfill this gap. I had SG13, lots of wasted space, so I switched to Dan. PURE has a much trimmer design.

Last edited:

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
Much smaller, from 11.5 to 8.04L, that's Dan A4 territory. There is no case on the market without pcie riser that would fulfill this gap. I had SG13, lots of wasted space, so I switched to Dan. PURE has a much trimmer design.

Isn't that what the LZ XTD basically is?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

I'll be using this as my main pc. Will be using external Distro 400 kit to power my 2600x and 1070.

Got the choten by scythe and it's a great cooler.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
So there is a bit of a panel gap, about 0.5mm.

It'd be hard to engineer it out. So question:

Small panel gap, or no gap but you have to deal with more screws?

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Your painted prototype is gorgeous, and the gap isn't noticeable with the two-tone black and white color scheme. I'd say the only reason to change the design is if there is flex at the gap points when picking it up and moving it around, or if turbulence noise is generated in the gap areas.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Your painted prototype is gorgeous, and the gap isn't noticeable with the two-tone black and white color scheme. I'd say the only reason to change the design is if there is flex at the gap points when picking it up and moving it around, or if turbulence noise is generated in the gap areas.

There is no painted prototype yet :D. Are you referring to the render?

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Wow... yes I was referring to the render, which is a damn good one! I legit thought that was real, haha! But what I said still stands. The black and white two-tone will hide any gap that size from the human eye as long as light isn't behind it.

Reactions: Weredawg

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
Wow... yes I was referring to the render, which is a damn good one! I legit thought that was real, haha! But what I said still stands. The black and white two-tone will hide any gap that size from the human eye as long as light isn't behind it.

I thought it was real too! ?

Reactions: Brude27

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I thought it was real too! ?

I was also fooled, I have to say that @Thehack renders look really life like.