Prototype J-Hack Pure Mk2 APU case

ikara

Chassis Packer
Oct 12, 2020
I sent out the unpainted sample after take a few pictures, so unfortunately I don't have an unpainted version anymore.

I think the black version should be back in late November, once I get around to shipping all the pre-orders. But, time-line is very fluid and it is easy to get hit with delays.
Thanks for the information. Will you let us from here when it's available? Also, is it certain that there will absolutely be the black version? If so I'll definitely wait for the black version.

I don't recommend HDPLEX, as their DC-ATX unit has a large heatsink which may cause fitment issues.

I recommend Meanwel RPS + J-Hack Plugin 200X or the PicoPSU 160XT.

Are you referring to this kit by J-Hack Plugin 200X?
I want to buy the black version of this gorgeous case along with the Meanwel RPS + J-Hack Plugin 200X and all the necessary cables for my apu build. All at once.
Just waiting for case and Meanwell, etc. to be available.

MrSocksFox

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 28, 2020
I'm new to the DC-ATX landscape, and after mostly catching up to speed by reading some old posts, I have a few questions:

1) For an APU setup (with a CPU at 65W or less), is there any disadvantage to using the Meanwell RPS-120-12-C instead of the RPS-200-12-C to reduce costs a bit? It seems like the CPU + MB + a few fans would fit well under 120W, but would losses in DC-DC conversion (or any other factors) make this a little too tight?

2) The J-Hack website is unclear on when the PLUGin 160 or PLUGin 200X will be available, and in general, it's not clear what is discontinued vs. temporarily out of stock. Will the PLUGin models and connectors all be in stock before the Pure Mk2 is available? (If not, presumably it would be faster to order a Mini-Box picoPSU-150-XT separately.)

Thehack, thanks for all of the great answers in these forum threads. They have been very informative.

Reactions: HiIamnew123

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I'm new to the DC-ATX landscape, and after mostly catching up to speed by reading some old posts, I have a few questions:

1) For an APU setup (with a CPU at 65W or less), is there any disadvantage to using the Meanwell RPS-120-12-C instead of the RPS-200-12-C to reduce costs a bit? It seems like the CPU + MB + a few fans would fit well under 120W, but would losses in DC-DC conversion (or any other factors) make this a little too tight?

2) The J-Hack website is unclear on when the PLUGin 160 or PLUGin 200X will be available, and in general, it's not clear what is discontinued vs. temporarily out of stock. Will the PLUGin models and connectors all be in stock before the Pure Mk2 is available? (If not, presumably it would be faster to order a Mini-Box picoPSU-150-XT separately.)

Thehack, thanks for all of the great answers in these forum threads. They have been very informative.

If you run a 65W APU, then the RPS-120-12-C will work well for the purpose. The 160 is discontinued, and replaced by the 200X. If you need a slightly more budget option, the 150XT + RPS-120-12-C is a good combo.

Reactions: KevinSiebert

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Forgot to post the status update here:

Unfortunately, I must announce additional delays. The COVID19 situation has hit multiple suppliers and equipment manufacturers that are multiple weeks behind in getting the equipment needed to us. Currently batches are in, but we're still missing crucial equipment to paint the cases. Due to such changing conditions, I cannot provide a shipping estimate, but I assure you we're doing our best to paint and ship the cases.

WeaponX

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 10, 2021

Hello SFF commuity,​

Would you purchase a PCIe bifurcation riser custom built for the Mk2 that splits one 16x slot into two 8x?​

Yes / No ?

ln order for this to happen, there needs to be at least a minimum of 10 people interested into purchasing for J-Hack to build this.​

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I have opened orders at this time under the below agreements:

• It will ship when it ships. There is no time-table. The cases are produced small batches locally in USA. I cannot guarantee any shipping estimate.
  • There is a $10 cancellation fee. Your full order will be refunded to you with $10 deducted. This applies to orders after May 29, 2021. Full refund available for previous orders for those who want to cancel.
  • By placing an order, you agree to the above requirements. Do not order if you cannot agree to it.

The above agreement applies until production ships all cases and catches up to demand. The cases are incredible time consuming and I have a lot of obligations at the moment so production is limited.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hello. Update, after a failed attempt to contract the work out, I've been slowly crunching and painting the cases.

A small batch is going out this week and will soon be following up with more batches.

If your order is from July or August 2020, please check your email and spam folder for an email from J-Hack zendesk support. I will confirm addresses before shipping any cases. If you do not reply, I will put a hold on it until you do.

Reactions: Dunedan

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Pure Mk2 cases are shipping (slowly). Please check your spam folder for address confirmations. I will not ship without confirming the address first.

Dunedan

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2019
HDPLEX just released an ATX power supply: https://hdplex.com/hdplex-fanless-250w-gan-aio-atx-psu.html
With its length plus the length of the power plug it might be pretty tight, but if it fits, it might be a good alternative to the Meanwell RPS-200.

Thanks to its height of just 25mm that might even allow fitting an internal AC-DC PSU and a graphics card at the same time.

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
HDPLEX just released an ATX power supply: https://hdplex.com/hdplex-fanless-250w-gan-aio-atx-psu.html
With its length plus the length of the power plug it might be pretty tight, but if it fits, it might be a good alternative to the Meanwell RPS-200.

Thanks to its height of just 25mm that might even allow fitting an internal AC-DC PSU and a graphics card at the same time.
The case is 190mm "deep" and an ITX Mobo is 170mm, so there is definitely less than 20mm of space available behind the motherboard...

Dunedan

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2019
The case is 190mm "deep" and an ITX Mobo is 170mm, so there is definitely less than 20mm of space available behind the motherboard...
The idea would be to have the PSU and the graphics card sandwiched on the other side of the motherboard where more space is available.

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
The idea would be to have the PSU and the graphics card sandwiched on the other side of the motherboard where more space is available.
Oh I see. I guess that could probably work with single slot GPUs like an RX6400. A dual slot card is 40mm wide so that would leave again only 20mm or so.