Prototype J-Hack Pure Mk2 APU case

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
@Thehack I am seriously considering pre-ordering this, but since I'm in Germany, shipping costs will be rather high. Therefore I figured I might as well order the DC-DC unit and power brick also from the J-Hack website so it can all be shipped in one go. However it seems like the ONE2 Plugin 160 is out of stock and I can't add it to my card... Same with any power bricks. Should I just wait with my pre-order until it (or something simlar) comes back in stock?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
@Thehack I am seriously considering pre-ordering this, but since I'm in Germany, shipping costs will be rather high. Therefore I figured I might as well order the DC-DC unit and power brick also from the J-Hack website so it can all be shipped in one go. However it seems like the ONE2 Plugin 160 is out of stock and I can't add it to my card... Same with any power bricks. Should I just wait with my pre-order until it (or something simlar) comes back in stock?

Those options should be in stock OCT-NOV timeframe. I'm staggering out the work to make sure there aren't delays.

------------------
I have added a raw aluminum option, for those who are interested in doing their own painting, either powder coating or rattle cans.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
On the subject of brickless builds, I noticed on SFF reddit someone got a single slot low profile 1650 (The model in question). Seeing as this only takes up a slot would you have enough room to stick a meanwell under it, ignoring all other practicalities such as noise and heat?
Do you remember what Reddit thread it was?

I once bought the GTX 1050 from the same company in that same form factor. The tiny blower fan screamed like a banshee and was non-adjustable even with the proper drivers installed. I'm curious to know if this one is any different.

One nice thing though is that this card is shorter compared to the single-slot 1050, which I measured at 190mm not including the bracket.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
The one @robbee mentioned. I'm not suprised it was a bit of a banshee, though I wonder if the use of copper (I think?) allows for it to be single slot. Anyway, I noticed that thread and it made me think it could be a route for a brickless build in this case. Much cheaper and easier to obtain options could be the OAP workstation cards Quadro P1000 and WX4100.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Update: all the flats are made. I need to process them and do additional deburring, something the shops don't do around here. Each one takes 5-10 mins, x 200 pieces = at least 3 full days of nonstop work.

But currently moving has consumed my life and I'm hunting for an official space to open up a shop. Current ship date for pre-order is late October.

Also, the case will now employ a hard riser.

KevinSiebert

Chassis Packer
Mar 25, 2020
Black will return to regular availability.
How long until I can order the black mk2? I've been thinking about building a new system in this case to upgrade from my old one, I must have too hesitant to get a pre-order in time.

Edit: I saw there was 1 in stock so I snatched it up

Last edited:

ikara

Chassis Packer
Oct 12, 2020
"PRE-ORDERS TO BE SHIPPED OCTOBER THRU NOVEMBER. PAINTED VERSION CLOSED. "

Would you please post some non-painted version photos. A few photo from different perspectives would be nice.
Another question: Will the black version be available in the near future? If so, is there any ETA or time frame in your mind?

Reactions: KevinSiebert

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
"PRE-ORDERS TO BE SHIPPED OCTOBER THRU NOVEMBER. PAINTED VERSION CLOSED. "

Would you please post some non-painted version photos. A few photo from different perspectives would be nice.
Another question: Will the black version be available in the near future? If so, is there any ETA or time frame in your mind?

I sent out the unpainted sample after take a few pictures, so unfortunately I don't have an unpainted version anymore.

I think the black version should be back in late November, once I get around to shipping all the pre-orders. But, time-line is very fluid and it is easy to get hit with delays.

Reactions: ikara

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
I have an idea. If someone is going for an APU only build, can they use the GPU area as an HDPLEX area?
If you add that feature that would be awesome

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I have an idea. If someone is going for an APU only build, can they use the GPU area as an HDPLEX area?
If you add that feature that would be awesome

I don't recommend HDPLEX, as their DC-ATX unit has a large heatsink which may cause fitment issues.

I recommend Meanwel RPS + J-Hack Plugin 200X or the PicoPSU 160XT.

Reactions: smitty2k1 and ikara