Cooling Introducing Optimus Water Cooling

OptimusWC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Optimus Water Cooling
Nov 16, 2017
Hi everybody!

We're a very new water cooling company located near Chicago, IL. We make all of our blocks in the USA and we have some of the smallest micro fins and channels in the world. We have a fin density that is higher than other blocks currently on the market and according to our benchmarking, we have the best performing block out there, but we will be sending samples to reviewers to confirm that. I think we have a very unique design for our top plate. It's all machined out of one solid piece of brass giving the block a very consistent look and rigid structure. We do have a picture of our nickel plated model on our website at www.optimuswatercooling.com. It is the second picture on our nickel option. We will also offer a black model in the future, but we are still getting things finalized with the appearance of the black top plate. We should be able to take orders in the beginning of December, but we'll post here again once we are ready to take orders. I look forward to receiving feedback from the SFF community and if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Thank you,

Optimus Water Cooling Team

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Welcome aboard! I have provided you with an Optimus Water Cooling banner that sits under your avatar.

Q's:
-Will you be producing a block for the Ryzen platform?
-How about Threadripper?
-Is your Intel block LGA2066 compatible?

OptimusWC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Optimus Water Cooling
Nov 16, 2017
Thank you for doing that! The next blocks that we release will support Threadripper and Ryzen. I would like to release an AM4 block around the time Zen 2 releases. Our block is compatible with LGA 2066 as well as 2011, and all of the 115X CPUs

OptimusWC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Optimus Water Cooling
Nov 16, 2017
Oooh exciting. Any chance you guys want to get into niche cooling for SFF? Namely thin/small radiators and the like?

Absolutely! We have plans for some pretty unique cases that are specifically design for water cooling. Especially for SFF water cooled builds. One of my favorite builds that I did was a watercooled Ncase, but I had some difficulty trying to maximize using all of the space. Some of the cases that we release in the future should make it easier to cram a lot of water cooling components in a really tight space. We would need to look into making radiators more, but I'd be very interested in making our own radiators too.

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
Alphacool makes smaller radiators, but the problem with them is that they are 45mm thick. When you add a fan in that can be 60-75mm which is often too thick. I personally would like to see similar smaller radiators that are 25-30mm thick.

I’m also excited for that Threadripper block.

OptimusWC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Optimus Water Cooling
Nov 16, 2017
Will you consider making waterblocks for Low Profile GPUs? :)

-Edit-

I'm practically begging you. That would be awesome!

That isn't something we would offer for a while, but that is something we could do in the future. If we did do blocks for low profile GPUs it would be after we've already made some standard GPU water blocks. I'm not opposed to anything though, we just need to have a larger product line up before we do something like that. Thank you for checking us out!

OptimusWC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Optimus Water Cooling
Nov 16, 2017
Alphacool makes smaller radiators, but the problem with them is that they are 45mm thick. When you add a fan in that can be 60-75mm which is often too thick. I personally would like to see similar smaller radiators that are 25-30mm thick.

I’m also excited for that Threadripper block.

Thank you for checking us out! What size radiators did you have in mind?

Reactions: AleksandarK

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 27, 2017
Do you make custom / adjustable mounts for your waterblocks? I bet if they fit universally, they'd reach a larger market.

Also, I think the "Thin" radiator standard sizes would be dual / triple 40MM, dual 50MM, and single / dual 60MM.

Reactions: AleksandarK

OptimusWC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Optimus Water Cooling
Nov 16, 2017
Do you make custom / adjustable mounts for your waterblocks? I bet if they fit universally, they'd reach a larger market.

Also, I think the "Thin" radiator standard sizes would be dual / triple 40MM, dual 50MM, and single / dual 60MM.

At this time, we do not have replaceable mounts for our first water block. That is something we are planning on integrating with an acrylic version in the future. The only downside of going in that direction is that the top plate will no longer be one solid piece.

Reactions: thewizzard1

OptimusWC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Optimus Water Cooling
Nov 16, 2017
Ohhhh today really is my birthday. Lol I like the look of these. When are you targeting having them available?

We should start shipping out units beginning of December. I'm glad you like how they look!

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
May need to look at getting one of your blocks when it comes time for my next case mod.
Hopefully your am4 will be ready by then

Reactions: Biowarejak

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
It would be great for new custom loop watercooling product in the market,
there will be many options for customers, Well, I wish (actually I'm begging you LoL) in the future there will be more monoblock for mini itx motherboard, it's not only cooling the CPU, but also VRM and Chipset, (not for all chipset, maybe only chipset Z series on intel) currently there are only few options in the market for ITX monoblock,,

Thank you for checking us out! What size radiators did you have in mind?

I think 80mm and 92mm (single and dual) radiator with 25-30mm thickness would be good options for SFF build,

Last edited:

OptimusWC

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Optimus Water Cooling
Nov 16, 2017
It would be great for new custom loop watercooling product in the market,
there will be many options for customers, Well, I wish (actually I'm begging you LoL) in the future there will be more monoblock for mini itx motherboard, it's not only cooling the CPU, but also VRM and Chipset, (not for all chipset, maybe only chipset Z series on intel) currently there are only few options in the market for ITX monoblock,,

I think 80mm and 92mm (single and dual) radiator with 25-30mm thickness would be good options for SFF build,

I'm not sure when we would start making radiators, but I'd definitely be interested in doing that. Monoblocks we'd be able to do much sooner and making a full cover block for itx sounds really good for sff. Between the two, we would probably make a 92mm single and dual radiator, because the 92mm noctuas are really good. I don't personally know of any 80mm fans that are as good as the 92mm noctua.

Thank you for checking us out!