Log internal monitor query - Dan A4.1 (+ a random 3080 FE question) - 2077 build

Shaytanya

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 5, 2020
Hi Team

I have managed to mod the Dan A4.1 to fit a 5" internal monitor/display at the front (and it actually works). I am now wondering if anyones of any software that allows me to create a custom zoom for that display only (I do not want to change the zoom level for my main monitor), but the portrait landscape of the internal monitor makes everything very small. I hoped to put relevant stats (temps, fan speeds etc.) on that internal screen so I can monitor in realtime. However, NXTcam MSI etc. all appear to be far to small on the scaled display.

Secondly, the 3080 FE (as expected) runs quite hot in the Dan A4 - would it make sense to rotate the PSU 180 degrees so the 3080 blows the air into the fan of the PSU, which i think exhausts up? Or is that a really terrible idea?

(also if anyone can tell me how to upload a photo, I am more than happy to)

Thanks
S

jmarin

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 8, 2018
What is the resolution of the internal monitor? Windows 10 allows you to set the scaling for the monitors differently (as long as it isn't custom scaling). With my 1920x1080 monitor, I can scale up to 175% but with my 1366x768 monitor only 125%. If I do custom scaling, it applies to both.

As for the GPU question, I don't think dumping extra heat into your power supply is the best idea, but someone with better experience in that area can help.

Images are easy if you use imgur. Just copy and paste the link into your post when posting and it will show up.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Hi Team

I have managed to mod the Dan A4.1 to fit a 5" internal monitor/display at the front (and it actually works). I am now wondering if anyones of any software that allows me to create a custom zoom for that display only (I do not want to change the zoom level for my main monitor), but the portrait landscape of the internal monitor makes everything very small. I hoped to put relevant stats (temps, fan speeds etc.) on that internal screen so I can monitor in realtime. However, NXTcam MSI etc. all appear to be far to small on the scaled display.

Secondly, the 3080 FE (as expected) runs quite hot in the Dan A4 - would it make sense to rotate the PSU 180 degrees so the 3080 blows the air into the fan of the PSU, which i think exhausts up? Or is that a really terrible idea?

(also if anyone can tell me how to upload a photo, I am more than happy to)

Thanks
S

If you use Aida64 it allows you to display all that on a secondary screen.

Reactions: Shaytanya