Dan A4.1 Cyberpunk 2077 build - please help!

Shaytanya

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 5, 2020
Hi all

I built my first computer (the kickstarter version of the Dan A4) way back when it was first released. Whilst I was pleased it worked, aesthetically I had never been comfortable with it. As such, I have just had the A4.1 delivered and wondering if anyone could provide some advice. I am building this primarily as a gaming rig and do not need other heavy load resources. I am (attempting to) mod this with a Cyberpunk theme and an generally comfortable with taking components apart and reassembling (if required). I ideally want this completed by the end of the year, but can wait for components if need be until then.

Current Components
Case: Dan A4-SFX V4.1
CPU Cooler - Asetek 92mn AIO
Radiator Fan: Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM
PSU: Corsair SFX 750W
Additional fan (below MOBO) - Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM

Potential Components (suggestions wanted)
CPU: - Intel i9-10900K or i7-10700K - without starting an AMD/Intel slug fest, does this make sense or should I go for something else?
MOBO: - asus rog strix z490-i gaming / GIGABYTE Z490 I Aorus Ultra - will need a Z490 if use the above intel CPUs
RAM: 2x8GB with a low profile
M.2 NVME: Samsung 750 EVO plus - 2x500GB (assuming two slots)
GPU: Ampere 3080 / 3080Ti (depending on release date)
VRM fan(s): Nocrua NF-A4x20 - 40mm (depending on thermals)

Thanks in advanced
Shay

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I would wait and look carefully at what it is going to take to cool 10th gen Intel, early reports claim it will make the 9900k look like a cool CPU. I don't think it will be possible to cool one with the Asetek.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Shaytanya

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 5, 2020
I would wait and look carefully at what it is going to take to cool 10th gen Intel, early reports claim it will make the 9900k look like a cool CPU. I don't think it will be possible to cool one with the Asetek.
Thank you - that is a very good point, that I hadn't previously given thought to.