Log Dan A4 H²O Build - 3090, 12900KF Custom water Cooling

c0op3r

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Feb 13, 2022
c0op3r.com
I recently decided I wanted a new computer, I love SFF computing and was using Intel NUC 10710 i7 for years and it severed me very well - the one place it fell down was the Video RAM as it is shared with the 32Gb I had in the machine. I dont use Photoshop a lot but when I do you could see it struggle. So I decided it might be time to look at a new NUC, I got really interested in the NUC9i9 Ghost Canyon kit, I ordered one and well that adventure did not go well.

The First got bricked with a BIOS bug, and the second one would not work with the Optane Drive, also it was a little behind in the processor tech being a 9th generation i9. I think I could of dealt with the 9th gen as I was using a 3060 Ti nVidia card so it would handle the photoshop needs with no problem. But again the machine turned out to just be a real turd.

So I started to look around a bit and got turned on to the DAN A4 case it was only slightly bigger then the Ghost Canyon Kit, and could house a 12900 and a 3080 Ti, So I ordered up the parts and build that, it was really neat but being that it sits right on the desk to my right the CPU would spin up and down (I know there might of been a better way to control it, but the story is not over). I got luck and happened into a nVidia 3090 at BestBuy for retail, but that wont fit in a DAN A4 - but it will fit in a DAN A4 H²O !

So now it was time to build a really powerful machine that I could make really quite, Specs:

DAN A4 H²O case in Black (gen 4 cable)
Intel 12900KF
nVidia 3090
32GB of DDR5
(2) 2TB Samsung 980 EVO M.2 SSD
Corsair 600watt SFX power supply
ASUS z690 ROG Strix mainboard

Custom Water Cooling Loop:

EK Quantum Vector FE RTX 3090 Water Block Special Ed (no window, no LEDs all BLACK)
EK Quantum Velocity 2 CPU Water Block - 1700 (again all black and LEDs removed)
Alphacool DC-LT 2600 Ceramic 12V Pump
EK CoolStream Classic SE 240 Slim Radiator
EK Quantum Flow indicator
Alphacool Slim Fans (2) Black
all the needed fitting and hose.

I got all of it in the box with no issues and it runs dead silent, I have the EK Quantum Active 3090 Backplate on order and it should get here tomorrow. I was not sure if it would fit originally but it will so it is going in. The machine is small, quite and black, but stupid heavy about 25lbs.

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
really clean build! 👌

you may want to swap the pump and flow indicator locations for long-term reliability.

NimuronX

Case Bender
New User
Mar 9, 2018
Nice, pretty clean, and going from no gpu to 3090 must be neat, but the usual questions...
Why intake, when you have nothing inside the case to generate heat, and also, that way, the radiator fans are fighting the psu fan and blowing at each other.
Why not turn the psu around - isn't supposed to be facing the other side and if that pump leaks wouldn't it be easier water to get in trough the fan cutout ?
And lastly, don't you think that cpu and gpu on max boost are a bit much for the sf600 ?

Reactions: rfarmer

c0op3r

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Feb 13, 2022
c0op3r.com
Nice, pretty clean, and going from no gpu to 3090 must be neat, but the usual questions...
Why intake, when you have nothing inside the case to generate heat, and also, that way, the radiator fans are fighting the psu fan and blowing at each other.
Why not turn the psu around - isn't supposed to be facing the other side and if that pump leaks wouldn't it be easier water to get in trough the fan cutout ?
And lastly, don't you think that cpu and gpu on max boost are a bit much for the sf600 ?

So you are 100% correct the fans are in the wrong way I am going to fix it when I fix the waterblock rear plate.

Cant turn the PSU around as the power cord hits the water line.

As to the wattage, I rarely tax the power supply under normal load, but if it becomes a problem I will change it.

gffermari

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 7, 2017
Isn't the SF600 too noisy under gaming or working/full load conditions?
I had to replace mine with a SF750 because of the noise while my system requires far less energy than yours.

*When playing Battlefield

And what about the temps?
Just one 240 rad for 12900KF and a 3090?