Installing 3x HDD (with RAID?)

BReese8675

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 14, 2020
Hi, planning on ordering this case soon. I have 3 10TB WD Red drives, and was wondering how easy it is to use these in the M1.

I know you can easily use the HDD bracket and install 2, but how about the third? Is there a way to put one up front where the SSD would go?

Plan on either doing RAID 1 with 2 drives or RAID 5 with 3, plus have a backup on the Cloud. Gonna be a sick Plex server.

Thanks!

Last edited:

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
It really only fits two 3.5" HDDs depending on your hardware configuration. If you have a short enough CPU cooler or a small enough GPU you can certainly fit more. Do you know what CPU cooler and GPU you will be using?

The front of the case only fits 2.5" drives.

BReese8675

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 14, 2020
It really only fits two 3.5" HDDs depending on your hardware configuration. If you have a short enough CPU cooler or a small enough GPU you can certainly fit more. Do you know what CPU cooler and GPU you will be using?

The front of the case only fits 2.5" drives.
I misread the website specs, I see you're right, only 2 3.5" are possible. Thanks!

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
If you don't use a dedicated GPU, there may be some more options. (like put them on the bottom of the case)