Warm HDD in Dan-A4 case

Lil Nardo

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Aug 1, 2022
Hi I'm new here. I have a GTX 1070 and planning on upgrading soon for a RX 6700 XT or better. I need a lot of memory capacity, so I have 2x 2TB NVME, 1x 2TB SSD and a 5TB HDD inside the case. The HDD is too thick to be installed under the front panel, so I have to put it on the HDD cage, which is right underneath the GPU. When the GPU is running at 100% it reaches 70C, which warms up my HDD to around 50C even when not in use. I'm afraid with a new power hungry GPU that the HDD will get toasted (50C isn't the greatest now anyway). I thought of two solutions.
#1 remove the HDD and put it in a 2.5 inch USB 3.2 enclosure. It's not the best, because I move the computer often and I have a small desk with little free space on it.
#2 get some kind of 3D printed deflector to hopefully shield the HDD from the hot air coming out from the bottom of the GPU. I search the web and couldn't find anything so far.
Has any of you guys ever saw something like that? Or do you have a better idea? I know the inside of the Dan-A4 case gets warm over time, but I figure that preventing the GPU to directly blow hot air on the HDD might help.
Thanks for any help.