GPU In need of rtx 3080 waterblock with inlets/outlets running lengthways

AlmightyBeing

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 22, 2021
I'm looking for a waterblock for rtx 3080 (any model as I don't have the gpu yet) where the inlet and outlet ports run along the gpu's length instead of sticking out the sides (the sides where the block and backplate are). It's not the easiest thing to google for and when I do find non traditional layouts, it's just the ek special edition (which may be suitable but would depend on how long the gpu is as it adds more to the length that is already the longest). I have seen one before (which I have since lost) and can't remember if it was for the 3080 or if it was eol.

Edit: This is sort of the type of waterblock I mean

Last edited:

bomaaye

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2020
Bitspower do a block for the 3080FE with ports at the end of the card too. I used to have it before I got a good deal on the EK block for my FE.

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2019
EK produce replacement port manifolds which can be swapped for the manifold on many of their existing blocks. Some of them offer alternate port configurations.

Might be worth a look.

AlmightyBeing

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 22, 2021
Bitspower do a block for the 3080FE with ports at the end of the card too. I used to have it before I got a good deal on the EK block for my FE.
Unfortunately fe cards don't exist in my country and would cost more than a 3090 to get the card here from overseas.

AlmightyBeing

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 22, 2021
EK produce replacement port manifolds which can be swapped for the manifold on many of their existing blocks. Some of them offer alternate port configurations.

Might be worth a look.
Thankyou! I searched the EK website and found both angled terminals and rotary terminals. Since I found those I now know a term to search and was also able to find barrow have a version of the rotary terminals that are compatible with barrow and supposedly also bykski waterblocks. Bykski also have a version of the angled terminals, which I presume are compatible with barrow waterblocks, although they are much harder to find and much more expensive.

Is either terminal style better than the other? I'd presume the rotary ones are better since you can rotate them whichever way but does that make them less reliable or is it just about looks?