Cooling Alphacool NexXxos GPX Pro Solo-- perfect gpu pump-block combo

nightmr

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Apr 8, 2017
I am a new comer is this forum. ; )
I want to build a sff PC with water cooling for myself. Indulging in searching for parts which can do more with less volume, i came across a pump-block combo (sorry i don't know if it is so called) for gpu.

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/gpu-...xos-gpx-pro-solo-with-backplate-black?c=20582

The distance between the top and the copper contact is 27.5mm. It covers only the chip. So additional heat sink for the memory is in need. For those who add a radiator with fans in the front of a huge gpu waterblock, this kind of layout seems make more sense, since it helps a lot to reduce the "block" of airflow.

In such tiny chassis are a pump (claimed to be powerful enough for an extra cpu block and radiator) and a block only for gpu, which i think has much better compatibility than the "whole block" (sorry for my lack of words:D) .
The position of the nozzles seems so suitable for much flexible tubing layout.

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
I was looking into this also.

Depending on how complicated your loop is (how many tight bends/rads etc) you could additionally use their CPU block that works in a similar fashion. With space in mind they have 2 versions, one has almost a reservoir on the cpu block and the other is more like a standard CPU block (but with pump).

This would allow both a back up pump and assist in keeping everything moving.

The more I look at SFF I wish I had gone this way instead of a custom loop.

Reactions: nightmr

nightmr

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Apr 8, 2017
I was looking into this also.

Depending on how complicated your loop is (how many tight bends/rads etc) you could additionally use their CPU block that works in a similar fashion. With space in mind they have 2 versions, one has almost a reservoir on the cpu block and the other is more like a standard CPU block (but with pump).

This would allow both a back up pump and assist in keeping everything moving.

The more I look at SFF I wish I had gone this way instead of a custom loop.

can't wait to someone use these kind of components to build compact water loop or give some more fresh ideas :cool: I have already built my loop with a low profile cpu pump-block combo, which is actually a pump from a used Antec AIO.