Concept IN 0 - An extreme pure vertical ITX case (Production almost complete)

iHnrA

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't think black could ever work for me, I would prefer the silver shell with the flaws, especially if you had pieces you wouldn't use that I could buy at a discount.
Do you have some more information on what the flaws are exactly? Like are they flaws in color, scratches, dents, etc.? I could tolerate some of these, for example, the prototype pictures you posted look really good still. Thanks!
Hi, there are some pictures of imperfections.

The final production black shell is much better than the silver prototype.

Reactions: KevintheGuo

KevintheGuo

Caliper Novice
Dec 7, 2020
Hi, there are some pictures of imperfections.

The final production black shell is much better than the silver prototype.
Thanks! It seems most of the imperfections are scratches on the top rim or interior, with a few streaks? I'd still be willing to buy this prototype at a discount! I've messaged you about more details.

KevintheGuo

Caliper Novice
Dec 7, 2020
It took me a while to ship the case (I left it in the China warehouse for a while to combine with other shipments) but it's finally arrived!! And I did a photoshoot for the case. The build quality is incredible, and this case is so minimal, I love it!!! Although this is the silver version of the case, with some flaws, they're very hard to see, unless I'm specifically looking for them.

I've put my build together (3070FE, 11700K, air-cooled) but it's not fully aesthetic yet (wire sticking out everywhere, not all my fans are in, etc.) so no photos of that, but it's working great so far! This is the first PC build I've put together myself (used to just use laptops) but the process was pretty straightforward and I thought the case worked well - especially with the frame sliding out to let me access everything. I didn't have any issues sliding the shell back on afterwards, it's very smooth.

Overall, I highly recommend this case!! Will post later when the internals are cleaned up a little more.

Last edited:

iHnrA

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
It took me a while to ship the case (I left it in the China warehouse for a while to combine with other shipments) but it's finally arrived!! And I did a photoshoot for the case. The build quality is incredible, and this case is so minimal, I love it!!! Although this is the silver version of the case, with some flaws, they're very hard to see, unless I'm specifically looking for them.

I've put my build together (3070FE, 11700K, air-cooled) but it's not fully aesthetic yet (wire sticking out everywhere, not all my fans are in, etc.) so no photos of that, but it's working great so far! This is the first PC build I've put together myself (used to just use laptops) but the process was pretty straightforward and I thought the case worked well - especially with the frame sliding out to let me access everything. I didn't have any issues sliding the shell back on afterwards, it's very smooth.

Overall, I highly recommend this case!! Will post later when the internals are cleaned up a little more.
Thank you so much ~ Amazing photos

IN 0 Simple manual ( I will update English version soon)
https://mega.nz/file/Qgo0TI6Y#82Dtr7wHYSwoNHhoXq3tMcIAu0jEPVRLWLqE4fHtn9k

Hope it will be useful for you.

• Love

Kundahli

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 29, 2017

Would be very interested in some experiences with temps and noise with your components.

KevintheGuo

Caliper Novice
Dec 7, 2020
Would be very interested in some experiences with temps and noise with your components.
For context my system currently is as follows:

Parts:
- 11700K, air-cooled with Silver Arrow 130 and TT Toughfan 120, intake.
- 3070FE
- Corsair Platinum SF750 - the location for this is the most concerning part of the case as it exhausts straight into a solid wall (though there's a tiny bit of breathing room between exhaust and wall) but I rarely see the fan even turn on so it doesn't seem like it should be a big issue.
- I have a single 3.5" hard drive installed, which somewhat blocks airflow
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 at top, exhausting
- Scythe Kaze Flex 92 at bottom, helping the CPU cooler intake
- included mesh dust filter installed on bottom (CPU) and rear (GPU) intake

Other notes:
- I haven't overclocked/underclocked/volted any parts yet
- I haven't trimmed any cables yet so the cable management is absolutely terrible, blocking airflow
- I flipped the system so I/O is at the bottom (apparently this is better for GPU heatsinks) and have a stand for the case to rise it off the ground further, giving more room for bottom intake airflow.

I ran a few different benchmarks to try and get an idea of what the thermals would be like (Unigine Heaven, Prime95, OCCT, 3Dmark).
It seems like 3Dmark Time Spy gives the most comprehensive and standardized overview of both GPU and CPU thermals. GPU seemed to top out at about 78C and CPU briefly peaked at about 80C. Here's the timeline:

I don't have a great way to measure dB except for a shoddy app on my phone, so take the measurements with a grain of salt. Everything is measured about 3 ft. away from the case, where I'm sitting.
- During GPU max fan speed, I measured about 44 dB. It helps that the GPU is facing to the rear and away from me.
- During CPU max fan speed, I measured about 39dB (the case does a really good job of muffling CPU fan sound).
- I tuned the case fans to a lower RPM in general, so that combined they wouldn't be louder than the CPU fan - about 40dB.

Future Plans:
- I have a Noctua A9 incoming which I'll mount at the bottom to aid the CPU cooler, after which I'll move the Kaze 92 to the top, and have both 120mm and 92mm Kaze flex fans exhausting at the top.
- When availability gets better I'm going to buy a non-FE GPU to deshroud and add two 120mm fans to intake and stand as GPU + rear case intake fans. The FE currently exhausts hot air through I/O in the bottom, which gets recirculated to the CPU intake. This drives up CPU temps unnecessarily.
- I bought a crimper and I'm going to cut all the cable lengths down to reduce airflow blockage, this'll definitely improve temps a bit.

Overall with my setup, the case works well as a thermal chimney, promoting excellent 1-directional airflow with hot air intaking from the rear and bottom, and exhausted out the top. In fact, case fans didn't help as much as I anticipated, with only a drop of 2-3 celsius after adding the case fans. Hopefully with my planned changes we'll see further improvements.

Last edited:
Reactions: iHnrA

JudexGrim

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 8, 2023
Hey i had one ordered for about 2 months now, apparently you haven't reached enough orders to start manufacturing. Cab you give an ETA?