Concept IN 0 - An extreme pure vertical ITX case (Production almost complete)

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Nice!
Two feedbacks:-
a. the case needs to have taller feet. The bottom intake fans (120+90) will not have sufficient gap to pull air in. Looks like the gap is about 10mm max for the current design.
b. when you check thermals, better also check with a non-blower card as there are way more non-blower (ie axial fan design) cards around than blower cards. As we all know, axial fan cards just dump air inside and sufficient air flow (with no dead air pocket) is critical. This issue might be solved if the side panels are ventilated. But, only some real world testing could confirm.

Good job, hope this makes it to production.

iHnrA

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
Nice!
a. the case needs to have taller feet. The bottom intake fans (120+90) will not have sufficient gap to pull air in. Looks like the gap is about 10mm max for the current design.
b. when you check thermals, better also check with a non-blower card as there are way more non-blower (ie axial fan design) cards around than blower cards. As we all know, axial fan cards just dump air inside and sufficient air flow (with no dead air pocket) is critical. This issue might be solved if the side panels are ventilated. But, only some real world testing could confirm.

Yes,10mm gap maybe better,but I don't want to make the case higher.

I think that 120mm fan is more beneficial to open cooling graphics.

I will do more tests~

iHnrA

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
Nice!

Maybe you don't believe. The conclusion of the heat dissipation performance comparison test is not much different.(5mm gap)

The heat dissipation performance without the shell is almost the same as the heat dissipation performance with the shell.

I think the graphics card with open cooling is more affected than the graphics card with turbo cooling.

Last edited:

iHnrA

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
when do you think we can buy the case? =)
QAQ

I also want to share the case I designed, but this requires a certain number of people who want to buy it.

I will apply for a patent in China as soon as possible, and share my design with more people, maybe you can really buy it (haha).

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Unfortunately a patent (if you should succeed to apply for one) won't stop others from copying. I also applied a patent for some product (not cases) some years ago and just 3 months after the launch already saw copies produced by some European company. So unless you have enough money to file (international) law suits, a patent is useless. Better try to make people aware that the original is developed and sold by you. I believe anyone who loves your idea and wants to support you will buy the original.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: iHnrA and kazuma86

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
Nice job!

The aluminium structure looks great. Should you go ahead with the production, do you think it could be viable to produce more shells made of different materials to give the potential customer more customization choices and possibly lower the overall cost of the case?

All the best with your project, keep it up.

iHnrA

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
Unfortunately a patent (if you should succeed to apply for one) won't stop others from copying. I also applied a patent for some product (not cases) some years ago and just 3 months after the launch already saw copies produced by some European company. So unless you have enough money to file (international) law suits, a patent is useless. Better try to make people aware that the original is developed and sold by you. I believe anyone who loves your idea and wants to support you will buy the original.

Good luck!
Thank you so much for your suggestion.

Stay creative and have hope!

The future will be better~

iHnrA

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
Nice job!

The aluminium structure looks great. Should you go ahead with the production, do you think it could be viable to produce more shells made of different materials to give the potential customer more customization choices and possibly lower the overall cost of the case?

All the best with your project, keep it up.
Yes, I have imagined a translucent matte plastic shell(for who loves RGB) , but these require very high mold costs for individuals.

Reactions: newtothegame

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
This is a really nice looking case, but the clearance for cables and connectors up top worries me - it looks like most HDMI (and certainly most DP) cables would interfere with the top plate. Does this require all 90° cables?

iHnrA

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
This is a really nice looking case, but the clearance for cables and connectors up top worries me - it looks like most HDMI (and certainly most DP) cables would interfere with the top plate. Does this require all 90° cables?
Thanks~

90° cables are necessary, but there are so many adapters and 90° cables you can buy in China.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Thanks~

90° cables are necessary, but there are so many adapters and 90° cables you can buy in China.
Yeah, I get that, but 90° adapters inevitably block something. Personally, I would prefer a couple of cm of added height to avoid this. But of course that's just my opinion :p

Reactions: Daemos

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
Yeah, I get that, but 90° adapters inevitably block something. Personally, I would prefer a couple of cm of added height to avoid this. But of course that's just my opinion :p

I think being taller is better as well...for the 280mm rad support how thick is supported and with what type of fans? Is there enough space to install a waterblock on the GPU?