IceManCooler pump/res combo

Kanelbulle

Chassis Packer
Sep 30, 2019
Sounds good, sounds really good... make sure you take pictures during your full loop test as well, kinda want one for my v6 build

We know DDC 3.2 pump works but i keep wonder if SPC pump will actually fit ?

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Hi guys, just wanted to say that I have ordered this reservoir on aliexpress at AegirX MOD Store and it comes with both 80mm and 92 mm fan holes. I made my my order on 18th of november, so my guess is that if you order now you will get both threaded housing for 80 and 92mm rear grill.

I have to say that the description said that it has only the 80mm holes but now it says both are drilled. So I guess you can go for it

Reactions: legit and rfarmer

caboose

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2018
Sounds good, sounds really good... make sure you take pictures during your full loop test as well, kinda want one for my v6 build

We know DDC 3.2 pump works but i keep wonder if SPC pump will actually fit ?

Thought I'd pop in here and let everyone know that the SPC pump does not fit. The impeller on the SPC is too wide so I now have an Alphacool DDC310 on the way.

I can also confirm the reservoir does properly fit the V6 M1.

gMit

Caliper Novice
Jun 2, 2019
what pump is everyone using?

I am considering picking up this and 3d printing an adaptor to hold it to the back. Would just need to figure out how to run tubes through.

legit

Caliper Novice
Aug 5, 2019
Using an EK DDC 3.2 PWM pump. Sleeved the cable pairs (the PWM pair, and the molex pair), and feed it back into the case at the bottom of the Iceman, through the fan vents, and up around the motherboard standoff (top left, when looking directly at the motherboard)

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Using an EK DDC 3.2 PWM pump. Sleeved the cable pairs (the PWM pair, and the molex pair), and feed it back into the case at the bottom of the Iceman, through the fan vents, and up around the motherboard standoff (top left, when looking directly at the motherboard)

Any chance another pump type works with this res

Last edited:

legit

Caliper Novice
Aug 5, 2019
For those who own it, would you mind showing the in and out ports ?

They're pictured in this imgur album - when mounted to the case, it passes through the holes on the back of the case. The two auxiliary holes for filling/draining should also be visible (one directly above the reservoir, one below the NCASE logo)

Reactions: NinoPecorino

IanKen

Efficiency Noob
Jul 29, 2019
I think the backplate is aluminum. I am a bit worried about it's interaction with the rads. My blocks are all plated and look clean. But can't see in the rads...
Also, while my coolant remains clear (looking in the res and the blocks) my tubing has a slight yellow/green tint to it. I am using EKs coolant so I assume it's not stuff growing. But who knows? It's been almost a year and the system is performing very well.

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
I think the backplate is aluminum. I am a bit worried about it's interaction with the rads. My blocks are all plated and look clean. But can't see in the rads...

It's stainless steel. A user on Reddit contacted the manufacturer about it a while back and confirmed it to me. I'd link the post, but it's buried in my post history.

Reactions: IanKen and rfarmer

Kanelbulle

Chassis Packer
Sep 30, 2019
Does anyone know if this res contains aluminum?
It's stainless steel. A user on Reddit contacted the manufacturer about it a while back and confirmed it to me. I'd link the post, but it's buried in my post history.

I can also confirm that the backplate is stainless steel... i contacted the manufacturer also and confirmed its stainless steel, since then i've also recieved it so i can tell for sure... stainless steel is quite heavy while aluminiium would be more lightweight

Reactions: fabio and rfarmer

NG-Fidel

Efficiency Noob
Feb 5, 2020
Would that cooler work on a V1 Ncase m1? I am wondering if I need to buy a new ncase or if i could 3dprint/mount it to my case somehow.

Kanelbulle

Chassis Packer
Sep 30, 2019
Would that cooler work on a V1 Ncase m1? I am wondering if I need to buy a new ncase or if i could 3dprint/mount it to my case somehow.
It will work just fine without any mounting bracket as it comes with holes drilled to fit both V1 and all versions up to V6.1