Discussion How to Eliminate Bubbles in Reservoir?

Jp42nca

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
Just completed my first custom water loop, pressure test all good, flushed system to remove residue & contaminants with Super Flush, all good, added coolant...here in lies the problem. As I was filling the reservoir little by little as to not run the pump dry (on/off on/off), the impeller was creating very tiny bubbles while spinning, now I have a gazillion very tiny bubbles on the inside of the reservoir that you can see from the front. I figured by running the pump for awhile and waiting overnight the bubbles would dissipate or float to the surface in the res thus popping, however they did not. These little suckers didn't move, like they are glued in place.

Now I have this build I am proud of & love the look of my new open air case (Streacom DA6 XL), but looking at those bubbles is my clear Alphacool Res is not what I was expecting. Even though I filled the res & kept it topped off it still created the bubbles, I can see if it ran dry but that didn't happen. At first it was ok then after running through the radiator you could see it entering the res in a fine mist of bubbles, it had to be created within the radiator moving through the fins. The only thing I can think of is to empty the entire loop & try filling the entire system with fluid, which would not be easy, that way the pump would not be able to create the bubbles & the radiator is topped off....at least this is my thinking, any thoughts here? I ran the pump only with a 24 pin jumper so the pump was running at full speed, there is no way to turn down rpm's. The res is a Alphcool Rise Flat Reservoir D5 w/VPP755 Pump.

Any advice on how to eliminate these damn things would greatly be appreciated.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Just give it time, leave it off for a few hours, gently rock the case. They all go in the end.

Reactions: Jp42nca

Jp42nca

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
Just give it time, leave it off for a few hours, gently rock the case. They all go in the end.
Yeah I have rocked it a few times, I turn it on every now & then for about 2-3 mins, as of now it's been almost 72hrs & still no change. These are some tough little suckers. I was going to give it a week & hope that works, if it doesn't then try what I mentioned, filling it up completely so as not to create the bubbles by the pump spinning & water going through the radiator for the first time creating the misty input to the res.

Thanks for your response.