IceManCooler pump/res combo

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
guys, ddc 310 from alphacool is full compatible

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
are there any issues with fitting this to the rev 6 M1?
The 80mm fan mounting, that is on this res/pump, is no longer on the v6. You can still make it work if you really wanted to screw the res on the fan grates.

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
Been working with someone from IceManCooler to make an updated version for the v6's 92mm fan holes.
Very good. As long as thats not done, I can report the mounting adapter works pretty good. I did screw the Res at the bracket and then I used the cutting screws from the ncase to secure it to the case from the inside.

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
Been working with someone from IceManCooler to make an updated version for the v6's 92mm fan holes.
Very good. As long as thats not done, I can report the mounting adapter works pretty good. I did screw the Res at the bracket and then I used the cutting screws from the ncase to secure it to the case from the inside

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Has anyone had any updates/experiences to share with using the IceMan cooler res combo with the v6

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
Has anyone had any updates/experiences to share with using the IceMan cooler res combo with the v6
I mounted it without problems, using the standoffs and screws of the pump/res to attach it onto the fan-adapter and then I mounted the whole construction with some standard fan-screws to the chassis from the inside.
Pics of the res are above, same for the adapter.

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
I mounted it without problems, using the standoffs and screws of the pump/res to attach it onto the fan-adapter and then I mounted the whole construction with some standard fan-screws to the chassis from the inside.
Pics of the res are above, same for the adapter.
Did you end up using a 3D printed fan adapter or a commercially purchased one?

My concern is the weight of the fan adapter and distance would either cause the Iceman res to not sit flush or cause it to sag.

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
I used the adapter from thingyverse. A friend did the printing and yes it has a good amonth of space, but that still allows ventilation out the back. And it was way easier to mount it that way. The 4 screws hold it without a problem.

snessim

Case Bender
New User
Aug 16, 2018
Prototype of the new version, en route for testing/validation.

If you're doing the testing/validation, is there any chance you could check for compatibility with SPC pumps? They should have the same mounting pattern as DDC, but perform better. If not, I'll get back to you guys with compatibility when the revised res hits the market!

legit

Caliper Novice
Aug 5, 2019
If you're doing the testing/validation, is there any chance you could check for compatibility with SPC pumps? They should have the same mounting pattern as DDC, but perform better. If not, I'll get back to you guys with compatibility when the revised res hits the market!
I ordered an EK DDC 3.2 pump and heatsink to use with it. I like the SPC pumps with the single 4 pin PWM cable but opted to just go with what works.

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Oct 28, 2019
Do you happen to know any mounts that you can buy online for the iceman? im about to grab a v6 once its available again and would really like to try and not have to jimmy rig the thing on. lol ill shoot you some cash if you could even send me one of the 3d printed ones if its working good for you! also since its not completely flush with the case does that mean you could mayyybe throw a fan in there too?

legit

Caliper Novice
Aug 5, 2019
Full album of pictures that I took from test fitting and mounting with an EK 3.2 DDC + Heatsink. Will do a closed loop test hopefully this weekend.

Kanelbulle

Chassis Packer
Sep 30, 2019
Where did you buy it ? Been googling all over the globe but cannot find that new v6 Iceman res... happy you test it and report though