IceManCooler pump/res combo

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
I just ordered this from a friend. Should solve the v6 mounting problem.

Hope the pump-res is not too heavy but I guess you could support it through the fittings.

It’s got some weight to it, but I reckon that should hold it without issue

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
I just ordered this from a friend. Should solve the v6 mounting problem.

Hope the pump-res is not too heavy but I guess you could support it through the fittings.
For those of us with no 3d printing purchasing/use experience, is there a site for dummies where we can order this stuff?

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
Yeah the adapter is just a frame with 92mm and 80mm mountingholes.
It is absolutely simple to manufacture. I guess in the end you could just use a sheet of metal/acrylic/wood whatever and drill the holes in it. We dont even need the fan-opening.
Or maybe we are lucky and you can align the screws with the fan-grill and be done with it.

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Yeah the adapter is just a frame with 92mm and 80mm mountingholes.
It is absolutely simple to manufacture. I guess in the end you could just use a sheet of metal/acrylic/wood whatever and drill the holes in it. We dont even need the fan-opening.
Or maybe we are lucky and you can align the screws with the fan-grill and be done with it.
I imagine the adapter is going to have be thick enough in order to allow the screws from both sides to recess. I wonder if this will throw off other things such as fittings, etc

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
I imagine the adapter is going to have be thick enough in order to allow the screws from both sides to recess. I wonder if this will throw off other things such as fittings, etc

For connecting the tubing straight to the reservoir with compression fitting, it absolutely wouldn't be an issue. The cutouts in the case are wide enough to accommodate 13/10 compression fittings with room to spare around the collar. So 16/10 would assuredly also fit, 19/13 probably fits perfectly fine too, but i'd need to measure to check and I'm far too lazy for that.

If it's spaced too far from the case though, then 90 degree fittings straight into the res would likely need an extender to fit. Other than that, i don't foresee any issues.

Reactions: rfarmer

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
So... Wich ddc Can i use?
I just buy this reservoir on aliexpress, but I'm not sure what ddc's are compatible

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
As far as I know they should all be compatible. EK is for sure according to HottestVapes.
My res is hanging in customs at the moment.

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
So... Wich ddc Can i use?
I just buy this reservoir on aliexpress, but I'm not sure what ddc's are compatible

The EK DDC 3.2 is definitely compatible. I'd assume any other DDC would also be compatible too, but I'm not sure if there's a difference in dimensions between some of the variants (DDC 3.2, 3.25, 310, etc.)

Aerogard

Case Bender
Jul 8, 2019
Hey all,

Bit of a lurker here but looking into going down the iceman cooler route (res) I was hoping someone could provide some more photos and understanding of how the pump actually connects through to the res. I am an absolute novice with watercooling so just wanted to get as much of an understanding as possible as I plan my build. Thanks!

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Hey all,

Bit of a lurker here but looking into going down the iceman cooler route (res) I was hoping someone could provide some more photos and understanding of how the pump actually connects through to the res. I am an absolute novice with watercooling so just wanted to get as much of an understanding as possible as I plan my build. Thanks!

The pump screws into the reservoir. The pump’s own o ring creates a seal. Screws come included with the res.

There’s a fair few pics of it in my build log.

Reactions: rickster and Nanook

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Just received mine today. Haven’t had a chance to open it just yet. Something to look forward to after kid’s bedtime :)

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Back to water cooing your Ncase @Nanook? I look forward to it.
Yeah, I'm thinking to do a separate machine with my spare components. This will be strictly for tinkering. I'm not sure if I'll be using the Iceman Cooler in the M1v5 or v6 though. I really like how compact it is, and all the SFF cases it can fit in...

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
I got mine too. Solid build quality but maybe too heavy for that 3d-print bracket. We will see.
I got f..... royaly by customs. Had to pay 40 euros for reasons unknown. That brings me up to 100 euro total cost :(

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
I got mine too. Solid build quality but maybe too heavy for that 3d-print bracket. We will see.
I got f..... royaly by customs. Had to pay 40 euros for reasons unknown. That brings me up to 100 euro total cost

Oof. I only had to pay around £12 for customs, thankfully.

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019

Some pics of the Res with ddc pump and attached fan-adapter for 92 mm mounting. Took me some time to get the pump properly sealed. Fingers crossed its tight now. The res is really solid and heavy.