Power Supply HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I wouldn't run the Ti on it. 1080 should be fine, but it is at the upper limit of the AC-DC brick's overcurrent protection. If you do a Furmark + Prime95 Blender with a 7700K and 1080 you will somewhat reliably trigger the brick to reset due to the OCP (400W). Realistically you'll never stress the unit that much under normal use conditions.

nix

Trash Compacter
Jan 5, 2017
Am I correct in assuming the June 25th ETA listed on the HDPLEX website is the ETA for the stock arriving at their distribution warehouses? Not for the product arriving at our homes. Aside from the order confirmation I haven't received any further notification such as parcel tracking.

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
Am I correct in assuming the June 25th ETA listed on the HDPLEX website is the ETA for the stock arriving at their distribution warehouses? Not for the product arriving at our homes. Aside from the order confirmation I haven't received any further notification such as parcel tracking.

That is correct. Product website has been updated with a "Processing preorder" status now.

Last edited:

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
I know hdplex apparently makes good stuff but overall have to say I'm very unimpressed with the service.

In early april I emailed inquiring about when they'd have the 300w back in stock and was told 'next month'. April and then May came and went no update, no stock, but a newer model is listed which I can preorder. So i preorder the day preorders open. Then the ship date for the preorder comes and goes, and for days the website still says expected stock for the 25th even though the 25th had past. Now they are finally shipping them in July, and people who preordered after me are getting shipping notifications while they haven't even bothered to contact me and say my order will ship late.

If you miss the estimated ship date how hard is it to send a mass email? Now the first thing I hear, well after my preorder should have shipped, is word of mouth that others are getting theirs shipped while people like me who should be at the top of the list still havent recieved any contact whatsoever. I should've been one of the first in line. Not only have I been inexplicably bumped down the queue, they won't even tell me there's a delay nearly 2 weeks after my order should have shipped. Wtf...

Reactions: Biowarejak

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The initial delay is partly because Larry wanted to fix the coil whine concerns the community had so rather than just making minor tweaks to the 300W he ended up doing a 400W.

Orders usually aren't shipped strictly in the order received, fulfillment centers often batch them out by region.

Not to say there isn't room for improvement though.

nix

Trash Compacter
Jan 5, 2017
Im in Canada as well. I pre-ordered the day pre-orders opened. Haven't heard a thing.

Another Canadian checking in. No news here yet either. Very excited.

I know hdplex apparently makes good stuff but overall have to say I'm very unimpressed with the service.

Your story sounds familiar. I also put in a stock inquiry in April, was provided with a May date. It came and went with no notice, then a new product was announced.

I don't share your concerns with the shipping date however. The site said the stock would arrive at the USA and Germany locations on the 25th. A quick check of the "global shipping" page revealed that those 2 locations are warehouses from which our orders are sent out. No where did it say that the eta for arrival at my home would be on the 25th. I support their decision not to provide an eta for arrival at the customer's homes because there were too many unknown factors out of their control.

Reactions: Biowarejak

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 14, 2016
He must be under an immense workload. This has been the first time I have emailed Larry without a response.

Broxin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 16, 2017
Dont know if its the right place, but i have eliminated coilwhine completly by dumping some epoxy glue on the coils. I did not hear any coil whine since then. Only a little from the gpu here and there but i can certainly say it helped a lot.