Power Supply [SFFn] HDPlex 400w HiFi DC-ATX - The Next Generation

Marcus Hughan

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2017
Has the problem regarding to powering on again from sleep/hibernate been resolved? Few posts in s4 mini thread mentioned the problem but noone followed up.
I have had this issue with the HDplex 160w dcdc converter, the computer goes to sleep but nothing can wake it

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I was referring to the layout - the negative sides are all at the edges of the board :)

Broxin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 16, 2017
I upgraded my gpu from a 1070 to a 1080ti so
I bought this month the hdplex 400w v1.6 comming from a hdplex 300w

So, 1080ti and a i7 8700k powered by a 330W DA330PM111 dell brick and the hdplex400 in an s4m-c.

I powerlimited the gpu at 95% right from the start.

I must say, running all kinds of stuff on this machine to bring the system to a shutdown, it just doesn't happen.

The 330w dell brick i bought from amazon is getting just slightly warm and the powermeter at the wall shows me 385w peak, once it showed 473w (!) peak running assassins creed origins.

On this game gpu is at 100% and cpu is at 40-60%
So i must say, not knowing how that brick is able to handle that output, it works.

Although, assasins creed is the first game where coilwhine is noticable as fps go sometimes up to 400fps in menus. Turning on vsync or limiting the fps to 60-90 fps gets rid of that also

I couldnd make out where the coilwhine is comming from. Could be the gpu, could be the hdplex.

Hearing that some people get reboots maybe im just lucky i got a good dell brick?
Who knows

Last edited: