Power Supply HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX

royalba94

Airflow Optimizer
AVAENTUM SLEEVING
Apr 2, 2017
Avaentum.com
In case anyone hasn't already seen the new Spec page for the HDPlex 400w here is a screenshot I took with the relevant changes highlighted:
So this confirms the swap of the CPU and GPU 8pin headers, confirms a dual 6+2pin cable included, and two basically minor changes to the pinout.

As a side note, I tried asking Larry about the new "Sense GND" pin on the PCIe header but only got the answer that the 400w will come with a new PCIe cable that is different from the one for the 300w. So I guess its one of those wait and see type of things.

Reactions: Craxas

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 14, 2016
As a side note, I tried asking Larry about the new "Sense GND" pin on the PCIe header but only got the answer that the 400w will come with a new PCIe cable that is different from the one for the 300w. So I guess its one of those wait and see type of things.

Ah poop. I was hoping to use my older custom cables for the new model.
Side note:

35A on the 12V line with a max of 50A!! Yes!!!
I will definitely be picking on up!!!

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015

He's probably just calling it Sense since that's part of the PCIe spec, but practically everyone on both PSUs and video cards just use a GND there.

The difference is that previously both the CPU and PCIe sockets had the same CPU pinout, so the PCIe cable needed both a doubled wire on the GND for 8-pin and the terminals rearranged on the PSU side from what it is on the card side.

So that doubled wire is fixed, but if that pinout is accurate the second is still a problem (though many PSUs are like that) so you'll have to pay attention if doing custom wiring.

Edit: oh duh, didn't realize who I was replying to. You already know about the pinout stuff :p

Last edited:
Reactions: royalba94

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Love the finish on the heatsink:

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
I just hope pricing for preorders on wednesday remains cheaper as it was mentioned a while ago. Right now the website says 90.50 and yesterday it was 88 as opposed to the speculative price of the 300w unit lol.

EDIT just in case: I dont mind paying the extra. I just mind that at this late nothing seems concrete.
SECOND EDIT: 2.50 slight Price hike is cause of a SFX/ATX Bracket option. No option for "none" has been added yet. Maybe Larry will consider this but idk we'll know tomorrow lmao

Last edited:

VitoHGrind

Chassis Packer
May 8, 2017
SECOND EDIT: 2.50 slight Price hike is cause of a SFX/ATX Bracket option. No option for "none" has been added yet. Maybe Larry will consider this but idk we'll know tomorrow lmao

Looks like he heard your complaint, there's now a No Bracket option even though it defaults to a bracket. I wonder if publishing the page a day early before it's ready to accept pre-orders and then just slowly updating throughout the day it is some clever marketing ploy to build buzz... Why are you doing us like this Larry?!

Last edited:
Reactions: Craxas

cj360

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2017
Placed an order as well, now to just look for a suitable brick to pair it with. Are 330w~350w the highest oem bricks out at the moment?