Motherboard GIGABYTE AB350N-Gaming WIFI

hsn

Case Bender
Aug 21, 2017
when i chat with gigabyte marketing,and i ask is this wrong on bios or hardware defect?
they said will report soon,but 1 gues this is wrong when read volt (ram+vcore) ...
but still safety for daily use (they said)

i love this board aactually.this board is rock.but maybe still need little fix on read volt.
i can pas 2000% hcimemtest on dual channel ddr4 3600 cl16-16-16 1.4v (bios)

brianbrain

Case Bender
Aug 18, 2017
So I've had a few work items come up that prevented my build to complete just yet (was planning on pointing a Noctua a4x20 fan at the VRM heatsink), but I'm curious how others are doing with the new F4 BIOS release. Notes indicated improved DDR4 RAM compatibility. Anyone?

djcostcosamples

Chassis Packer
Jul 14, 2017
So I've had a few work items come up that prevented my build to complete just yet (was planning on pointing a Noctua a4x20 fan at the VRM heatsink), but I'm curious how others are doing with the new F4 BIOS release. Notes indicated improved DDR4 RAM compatibility. Anyone?

Huh, looks like they changed it from F4 to F5 today. Sounds promising, I'll give it a shot when I get off work.

djcostcosamples

Chassis Packer
Jul 14, 2017
My G.Skill TridentZ 3200 CL14 seems to be working fine with the XMP profile after updating the BIOS to F5.... haven't stress tested yet, but I'm able to get through a full run of Cinebench without crashing which is really promising!! going to run Memtest overnight to see how it fares :)

EDIT: nevermind... forgot that BIOS DRAM voltage is off, I was just brute forcing it to work by feeding it 1.4V, and I was still getting some weird errors when trying to run games

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

FallenDevil86

Case Bender
Sep 6, 2017
Hi...i'm new to this forum,this is my 1st post in the forum. I'm planning to build a ryzen system with this gigabyte board (i don't want to be bothered with the Asrock vrm heatsink problem,in my country Asrock distributor isn't really good),Ryzen 5 1600 (stock cooler) with 16gb PC19200 ddr4 patriot viper RAM,gigabyte 1060 6gb itx gpu, 550w Enermax revolution sfx PSU,all in stock settings,no OC at all.

How's this board performs? In term of vrm temperature,I know this board kinda have problem in that department (mostly when it's overclocked and mostly use the x variant of the ryzen 5/7 series). I want to know is it safe for daily use,in stock setting? I'm going to use the system as my portable gaming platform,so i will use daily and for long hours in the weekend. Please help me,I really want to have a reliable itx ryzen system,i don't want to waste my money to a crappy board. Thanks.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Yes, the board is safe to run at stock settings - I had zero instability when benching the system during testing. I have an upcoming article (next week) regarding VRM temps and board long term stability (rendering for a few hours as an example)

Reactions: Acalanata

FallenDevil86

Case Bender
Sep 6, 2017
Yes, the board is safe to run at stock settings - I had zero instability when benching the system during testing. I have an upcoming article (next week) regarding VRM temps and board long term stability (rendering for a few hours as an example)

Thanks for the answer. So the vrm temps is fine for a long time of usage,phew...that's a good thing to hear.But,to give me more assurance,I'll wait for that article.

Nemix

Cable Smoosher
Sep 17, 2017
Very split between this board and the ASRock B350 for a light gaming rig I'm about to build.

Chosen preferred specs within budget:

Ryzen 1200 (mild overclock @ 3.7Ghz)
Gigabyte GTX 1060 ITX (mild overclock)
Gigabyte GA-AB350N-Gaming (going with Gigabyte for layout and LLC)
G.Skill F4-3200C16D-8GVK (hoping to hit DDR4 3466)
Seagate Firecuda SSHD 2TB (short-stroke to 1.5TB)
Corsair SFX 450W (Gold+ and modular)
Cooler Master Elite 110 (adding two 80mmx15mm low side fans blowing directly onto the GPU)
Noctua L9a (with ARCTIC MX-4)

For me since I'm final on the CM Elite 110 ITX case, the Gigabyte would actually be a better layout in terms of cabling and airflow however I do not like the placement of the WIFI card slot on the Gigabyte motherboard it seems way to close to the VRM's which will obviously run hot during load but the Gigabyte has USB 3.1 Gen2 and LLC.

Both the above boards are the same price in Canada after a $25 rebate from ASRock, where the ASRock has me interested is the placement of the WIFI card, the Intel NIC (will only be using wired selectively but almost always it's going to be wireless AC) and the more advanced BIOS however upon reading about the smaller VRM heatsink and waiting for rebate to be mailed back it's really putting me off the ASRock board.

I'm not looking to replace the stock cooler that comes with the Ryzen 3 since for my build it's fits perfectly and seems to cool very well from reviews, I also plan on replacing the chipset heatsink on both boards with a Zalmans aftermarket one (which I have a couple spare on hand from previous builds), I will be using IC Diamond for CPU/Chipset/GPU heatsinks and lastly at least for now I'm not planning on overclocking my ram.

The setup (inside the Elite 110 case) will be sitting on my desk to the right of my monitor with my Nintendo Switch sitting on top of the case, monitor is a 27" Zowie RL2755 which is also connected to the Nintendo Switch, I don't have any speakers as I always use my Edifier H850 headphones, I will be replacing the WIFI card with a Intel 8265 no matter which board I get and getting a better Alfa 9DBI antenna.

Last edited:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I'd suggest considering your use case. I've been running the Gigabyte board as my workstation for a week now, with no issues - my workstation connects to my home network using the WiFi too!

Nemix

Cable Smoosher
Sep 17, 2017
Just edited my above post:

- Changed the Zotac GTX 1050 Ti OC into a Gigabyte GTX 1060 ITX for a bit of future proofing.

Also I've decided on the Gigabyte board for four reasons:

- I don't want to have to deal with a smaller VRM heatsink lottery on the ASRock board.

- I don't want to wait for the rebate (I've never actually had any problems with rebates but it does take very long).

- I've always built customs using Asus and Gigabyte boards with lots of success (had the most problems with MSI boards so I avoid them now).

- I personally prefer the layout of the Gigabyte board plus LLC keeps my mind at ease.

Last edited:

hikashi.billy

Case Bender
Sep 18, 2017
Somehow mine having trouble after some gaming session.
The light on motherboard shine white for a while before turning down and the whole rig would not post.

any idea? Since this is my first gigabyte board. :/

Nemix

Cable Smoosher
Sep 17, 2017
Can anyone recommend three low profile CPU heatsink that can fit on the motherboard without touching the ram?

*Height with fan cannot be any taller than the AMD Stealth Cooler *

Somehow mine having trouble after some gaming session.
The light on motherboard shine white for a while before turning down and the whole rig would not post.

any idea? Since this is my first gigabyte board. :/

Which CPU Cooler is that?

Nemix

Cable Smoosher
Sep 17, 2017
Zalman has been around for a long time, my very first build in 2003 I used a Zalman passive VGA cooler too cool my Geforce 6600GT, the spare chipset heatsinks I have on hand that I plan on installing onto the Gigabyte board are also made from Zalman and lastly the two 80x15mm fans I plan on installing as side intakes are also from Zalman (it comes with a 5v connector which is how I'm going to run them)...great brand and company too bad they're not as popular anymore.

Changed the power supply on my original post above:

- Seasonic Bronze 400W into Corsair SFX 450W

Last edited:

carbonitetoast

Caliper Novice
Jun 16, 2017
Can anyone recommend three low profile CPU heatsink that can fit on the motherboard without touching the ram?

*Height with fan cannot be any taller than the AMD Stealth Cooler *

I have the Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP and it fits well with the heatpipes facing the RAM. I have the Nano S and at least with my case there is room for a rear fan also - I guess that might be an issue for some cases.

http://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/570

Here is a build with it on pcpartpicker so you can see how it fits on the board: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/VCdXsY

Nemix

Cable Smoosher
Sep 17, 2017
Going with the Noctua L9a with ARCTIC MX-4 compound, added to my original post; thanks for all who helped.

I have the Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP and it fits well with the heatpipes facing the RAM. I have the Nano S and at least with my case there is room for a rear fan also - I guess that might be an issue for some cases.

http://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/570

Here is a build with it on pcpartpicker so you can see how it fits on the board: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/VCdXsY

That's a great case!

Clearly out my budget and size but with that kind of quality and layout would not mind making the sacrifice for form factor.

Last edited:

Nemix

Cable Smoosher
Sep 17, 2017
I'm having a problem trying to install the AMD chipset drivers, Windows 10 Pro installed but not activated.

Everytime I double click the setup for the AM4 chipset drivers nothing loads, no setup window, no hard drive activity, nothing.

I can however install the HD audio driver but not the videocard driver obviously because there's no chipset driver installed.

Any ideas, has never happened to me before but then again I've never worked with UEFI a motherboard before either.

Edit:

Figured it out, apparently I had to connect to the internet before AMD chipset driver setup would launch, I connected to the internet within minutes of typing the above message.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

bxcounter

Efficiency Noob
Apr 11, 2017
Having a problem with build based on GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI, any help will be appriciated.

MB: GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200 (stock, but tested and overclocks easily to 4.1)
Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5
Memory: 32gb (2x16) Kingston HyperX Fury Black HX424C15FBK2/32
PSU: Seasonic G-360
GPU: Gigabyte 1060 3gb ITX
DISK: Samsung 960 Evo M.2

Motherboard does not let me enter BIOS (fans do start up).
NO video out (using DVI just to be safe).
Keyboard also does not work (tried various ports but no go).
CMOS reset and battery out – no go.
BIOS downgrade to older versions – no go.
Ram modules individualy in different slots – no go.

PSU is six months old and (worked maybe 1000 hours) has been transplanted to current build.

Radeon 6450 i have as spare works in this build.
With this card system is completly stable, stock or overclocked (cpu 4.1 and memory at 2933).

Previous build:

MB: Gigabyte H55N-USB3 (s.1156)
CPU: i3 540 (overclocked at 4.6)
Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5
Memory: Adata 2x2 gb ddr3 1600
PSU: Seasonic G-360
GPU: Gigabyte 1060 3gb ITX

So to finalize: Nvidia 1060, Radeon 6450 and PSU work on old build. On new build everything works except nvidia 1060. I am aware that 6450 doesn't have a external power connector but still i just don't get it.

I think this could be a PSU problem but than again it has been tested and works on system that pulls more power.

Should i get new psu, or?

Reactions: Soul_Est