Gamers nexus reviews Itx cases: "Mini-ITX Case Review Round-Up: Taku, SG13, & Core V1"

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017

just saw this on Reddit and I am watching it right now.
would like to know your opnions on this and on the test methodology as usually gamers nexus tries to get as close to a scientific approach as possible.

edit: link for the written article
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwrevie...-cryorig-taku-silverstone-sg13-thermaltake-v1

Quote from the article:
Mini-ITX Case Testing Methodology
Our hardware was chosen for maximum compatibility with a wide range of mini-ITX cases: we’re using a low-profile cooler, small PSU, short GPU, and an APU for any cases where a discrete GPU doesn’t fit at all. The 2400G is configured to a fixed 3.7GHz in order to ensure consistent frequency performance under benchmarks. [...]

Last edited:

jmarin

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 8, 2018
I think they could have saved a lot of time by not really describing all the temp results in such detail, since they have an article. I started to tune out once all the temp charts started and he was talking on and on and on.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
They could have saved a lot of time by not doing this video at all. Unless you're completely new to the game, I don't know how these reviews wouldn't bore you to death.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
yeah that dump of data its his thing basically.

I'm more worried about how he normalizes the cooler. ok that 47mm is basically the intel stock cooler height but quite a lot of sff cases make use of watercooling or is more suited for bigger coolers.
and one thing that I'm curious about is how he will display case size. he barely mentioned in the video and volume is quite important to us.

anyway, I cant wait to see how they handle future videos
better I hope

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
This is indeed more about GamersNexus opening up their review lineup for mITX cases than "a good mITX review". I'm waiting for the conclusion "oh wait, you don't need huge cases for good cooling performance".

Reactions: owliwar

FullForceRainbow

Trash Compacter
May 12, 2016
I was really excited to see this! Steve certainly goes on in his videos, but I trust his thermal testing more than anybody else on YouTube. I do hope that he considers testing Mini-ITX cases with a couple of different coolers from now on, maybe a tower, CLC, and downdraft cooler if it’s not too much XD.

Reactions: owliwar