confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Way back when on the Bit-Tech forum, we used to play a game - identifying a car from a super cropped image. No cheating with reverse image searching, just figuring them out by the design cues.

The correct guesser each round gets to post the next car image, and the cycle repeats!

If a car isn't guessed after a few days, the poster can give hints or expand the cropped image as needed to keep the ball rolling.

I'll start first;

Guess.jpg

A few tips to playing;
Rename your image file to something else to ensure folks don't get the car from the image name
If your image is guessed correctly, post the original image and @mention the correct guesser

Reactions: Phuncz

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The headlight should be something Korean or Japanese, highly unlikely European or American.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Dude this is impossible
Considering back in the Bit-Tech days we had folks finding the answer from just the corner of an indicator... a headlight, grille and badge should be doable!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I do know the answer, but that would be cheating (insider trading lol). I'm all for that kind of guess-game though :D
Given you are from France, I now suspect it is an European made car. The logo in the front grille does look a bit like the Lancia logo.
I am not a car nut as you can tell.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Considering back in the Bit-Tech days we had folks finding the answer from just the corner of an indicator... a headlight, grille and badge should be doable!
I'm still over here going insane trying to identify the logo of the vehicle. Like, the logo is literally right there and I don't know what it is lol.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Hint: this car manufacturer liked to have different front badges per car model / dealership chain

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Guess I made it too hard!

-The car has the Toyota 1ZZ or 2AZ engine
-It's a Toyota...
-It's based on the Camry (narrowbody) platform
-production run was 5 years, with one minor facelift in the middle. The model was canned due to poor sales
-I own one after I totalled my Toyota Auris -_-

Reactions: Phuncz and rfarmer

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
@confusis I FOUND IT.

Toyota Opa. That was the hardest thing I've ever done. There is NO SHOT anyone in the US has heard of this thing.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
@Solo You got it! Your turn!

I see quite a few of these every day, so I though they'd be a little more common around - maybe not in the USA, but I see a lot of forum posts in Europe and Africa with them