Concept Carbon Fibre PC Cases (Modcase Project Update)

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
I do love the external resevoir/pump systems, so I look forward to seeing progress on this project!
If @haydnbao approved, I did design a external pump res for another manufacturer that they never used. Could be made to work with the carbon fiber chassis instead.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
I'm totally digging your designs and work so far Haydn! I think I saw these on Reddit recently and was impressed.
The Repeater design is super cool, too. Great modular case that can be made by anyone with a 3D Printer :)

May I ask (I have no manufacturing experience) - do you make the CF pieces in their final shape (like resin filled moulds I suppose?) or buy CF panels and CNC/machine them to design?

Cheers,
Nathan

P.S. I'm guessing you're Sydney-based based your Insta? I'm a Melbourne local, Aussie Aussie Aussie :)

::EDIT:: Are you still using the 'tiger fang' method to affix various parts in the MOD Cases? Or was that more of a proof-of-concept with that prototype?

Reactions: haydnbao

haydnbao

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 16, 2022
I'm totally digging your designs and work so far Haydn! I think I saw these on Reddit recently and was impressed.
The Repeater design is super cool, too. Great modular case that can be made by anyone with a 3D Printer :)

May I ask (I have no manufacturing experience) - do you make the CF pieces in their final shape (like resin filled moulds I suppose?) or buy CF panels and CNC/machine them to design?

Cheers,
Nathan

P.S. I'm guessing you're Sydney-based based your Insta? I'm a Melbourne local, Aussie Aussie Aussie :)

::EDIT:: Are you still using the 'tiger fang' method to affix various parts in the MOD Cases? Or was that more of a proof-of-concept with that prototype?
Thanks fellow Aussie! I'm expanding up to about 50 testers total next month. Can let you know if you're interested.

The repeater I'm hoping to release after the carbon, it has great potential. Because it's a simple way to make things in the future to come.

The Plates are made buy our sheet supplier. They pressure form the plates from resin inpregnated woven Carbon Fibre fabric, we then CNC them.

(Cut, post mill, ChamferX2 sides, buff and wash.)

Edit: Tiger fans, yes. Absolutely. They mount anything. They will be included.

Last edited:

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
I think they're interesting concepts, and designed well. Doesn't look like custom watercooling is going to be easy in these, but rather favorable for AIOs.

Might look into this for my gf's build.

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
Thanks fellow Aussie! I'm expanding up to about 50 testers total next month. Can let you know if you're interested.

The repeater I'm hoping to release after the carbon, it has great potential. Because it's a simple way to make things in the future to come.

The Plates are made buy our sheet supplier. They pressure form the plates from resin inpregnated woven Carbon Fibre fabric, we then CNC them.

(Cut, post mill, ChamferX2 sides, buff and wash.)

Edit: Tiger fans, yes. Absolutely. They mount anything. They will be included.
Also an aussie and would be happy to test if it helps :)