Production Gallon PC v3: 3D printable 3.17-3.78L gaming case

ZMan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Would this have a production run? Like selling the cases to the public.
It is already happening. Kind of...

Here is the deal:
Everyone who become my patron in Patreon(in my signature) gets access to all current designs. So for $10/month you can get all versions of all cases 3D files. Currently there is only one. Within couple of weeks Gallon v2 should be ready. Couple of weeks after that, a few modifications of Gallon v2 should be ready.

Support for Zotac "mini" form factor
Support for DC-DC power (HDPLEX)

After that, I will continue developing new case models and improve the old ones.

One that is smaller
One that is modular

The more interest in my work there is(monthly income via Patreon), the faster it will happen.
Designing 3D printable cases takes time and time is money.

Kawaiipanda

What's an ITX?
Nov 19, 2017
It is already happening. Kind of...

Here is the deal:
Everyone who become my patron in Patreon(in my signature) gets access to all current designs. So for $10/month you can get all versions of all cases 3D files. Currently there is only one. Within couple of weeks Gallon v2 should be ready. Couple of weeks after that, a few modifications of Gallon v2 should be ready.

Support for Zotac "mini" form factor
Support for DC-DC power (HDPLEX)

After that, I will continue developing new case models and improve the old ones.

One that is smaller
One that is modular

The more interest in my work there is(monthly income via Patreon), the faster it will happen.
Designing 3D printable cases takes time and time is money.

Are you going to be selling the PC case in this forum any time soon? How much would you be selling it for?

ZMan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Are you going to be selling the PC case in this forum any time soon?
If Patreon is not convenient for you, here is another payment option:
1. You write me a personal message with model and version you like.
2. I will replay to you with my PayPal account info.
3. You transfer me $10 to the specified PayPal account.
4. I will give you the download link for the specified PC case 3D printable files.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Hey Man, is there any update about the case? My friend has a 3D printer capable of printing this. I might buy your blueprints.

ZMan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Currently printing the latest version (v2.2) prototypes.
It has user friendly cover. About 3.78L external volume.
Once I am ready I will update this thread with pictures :). The new version will become available for Patrons. The download link for the old version will be made available here for free.

Reactions: ondert

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Great news ZMan! It is now even smaller.. When will be the new version available on Patreon? I’ll be in my hometown until 8-10 january and willing to pay on PayPal or Patreon.

ZMan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
When will be the new version available on Patreon?

The base version should be ready in the next 4 days.
During next month I plan to make available several variants of this version with support for
Zotac "mini" GPU form factor
and/or
split PSU (HDPlex/G-Unique + AC⚡DC power brick)

One of the variants is even smaller :cool:

Last edited:

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
wow! didn’t expect that, thanks again! did you finish printing the new case? if so, can you upload some photos here?

Last edited:

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Hey ZMan, are you still working on this project? I'm now writing v2.2, hopefully will upload a time-lapse video here. It will be green and yellow. :D

Inner frame is about to finish;

Last edited:
Reactions: ZMan

ZMan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Hey Ondert, thanks for the interest in this project.
The community does not seems to like this project, judging by the lack of interest.
So I changed my focus to another type of case. It should be smaller and more quiet.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Hey Ondert, thanks for the interest in this project.
The community does not seems to like this project, judging by the lack of interest.
So I changed my focus to another type of case. It should be smaller and more quiet.

I see your concerns. Yes, people generally don't like flex ATX psu units and prefer to use external bricks. However, I totally don't like external psu solutions.
Good luck with your new project. I would like to see it here later.
Btw, I'm using PLA for printing. Do you think it will be resistant enough to heat?

ZMan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
It depends on the heat you generate. Up to 80 C is OK for PLA. More then that and you will have thermal trotling issues.
I am printing my prototypes in PLA. v1.0 was in heavy testing/use for about 3 months. Upon disassembly I found out just a slight discoloration on the "skeleton" where the back of the Video card voltage regulators are. This is why v2 has a hole there. :)

Last edited:

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
This is great, it's the exact same layout as the abandoned Hutzy XS, which I was excited about. Please don't abandon the 4L FlexATX design, there is demand for it. The only other case similar to this currently in existence is CustomMod's one, but that one is 4.5L.

At 4L, you should also have space for an SSD by the PSU. It's great that it's 3D printable too.

ZMan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
At 4L, you should also have space for an SSD by the PSU.
In my case there is a 12mm gap between the PSU and the wall. In my prototype I use this space to store the excess 24pin power cables. I guess if one gets creative with those cables, the space can be used for an 2.5" drive.

As for the layout - IMHO there is one type of components and one optimal layout if you want to fit 1080 and I7 in 3.8L and 2.7kg including decent cooling and PSU.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Hey ZMan, my friend printed the case last time I wrote here but since I have no budget to build it didn't post the photos. I just peel off the uncessary plastics on the edges, however the quality seems subpar. I don't know much about 3D printing maybe his printer is not that top quality and also he forgot to write precisely some of the vents. How can I carve those vents? Anyway, here are some photos;

Reactions: ZMan

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Not knowing much about 3d printing, I'd say that your friend did not set the print quality high enough, lacks resolution or accuracy with his machine/filament or had issues with the plastic not setting up while laying it down. @craigbru?

Reactions: jmarin