G-Unique Plug&Play DC-ATX Oversea Edition Preview

What price do G-Unique Plug&Play units deserved?

• Lower than pico units (assuming same wattage)

• About the same as pico units (assuming same wattage)

• A little bit higher than pico units (assuming same wattage)

• Much higher than pico units (assuming same wattage)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
@Thehack , @1461748123

Quick question for you guys. Looking at a 12V solution, would that make the efficiency of the DC-DC unit essentially 100% since there is very little conversion that needs to happen at the DC-DC board? Additionally, what sort of size reduction could we expect on a 12V DC-DC board when compared to a wider input option like the HDPlex since much less processing of the current needs to occur?

Reactions: ricochet

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
@Thehack , @1461748123

Quick question for you guys. Looking at a 12V solution, would that make the efficiency of the DC-DC unit essentially 100% since there is very little conversion that needs to happen at the DC-DC board? Additionally, what sort of size reduction could we expect on a 12V DC-DC board when compared to a wider input option like the HDPlex since much less processing of the current needs to occur?

Yes. Most Plug-in DC Board (PDCB) just passes on the 12V to the motherboard. Most of the regulation is done by the AC-DC PSU. I'm sure G-Unique can design one with ripple suppression and/or wide voltage input but that will be more expensive and will be bigger. Efficiency is up to your AC-DC PSU. There will be efficiency lost for the 5V and 3.3V regulation, but those are small.

If we're talking about an external 12V PSU, the PDCB will not take up any space inside the chassis. The PDCB rests above the 24pin jack, and its height is a tad above the ram.

If we're talking about an internal PSU, then you remove the need for DC-DC board. HDPLEX's DC-DC board takes up about .2L. Then you have to worry about the piles of cables and making custom length cables, so I say effectively it removes .3L.

The 300 AC-DC PSU meanwell/hdplex are essentially about the same size in volume. The 200W Mean-well, comparable to the current HD Plex 160W AC-DC is about 33% smaller than the HD-PLEX equivalent.

Edit: Assuming a DAN SFX back to back layout, we can have a 110mm (w) x 245mm (l) x 220mm (h) chassis and cram a 1080 + i7 in a 6L chassis.

This can also go into the upcoming HUTSY 4S case at 4L :eek:.

Last edited:
Reactions: ricochet

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
As the HDPLEX 160W direct plug is now available, when can we expect the G-Unique units to be on sale as well ?

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
As the HDPLEX 160W direct plug is now available, when can we expect the G-Unique units to be on sale as well ?
:D You can expect us to open pre-ordering late January. More details will be release when we open pre-ordering!
I really want to open pre-ordering now or even start selling and shipping the units, but on January 28 it is Chinese New Year and basically no service will be running in China around Jan 20 - Feb 10...

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Ahah I know what you mean. I work on Asian markets, big January rush !

You could always start the pre-ordering now (which is the definition of a pre-order !) and start the production / ship the units after Chinese New-year.

That would give you plenty of time to adjust the process for this first batch of custom units.
I know I wouldn't mind the delay.

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
some of my artsorks:
1:wide-input 24pin Dc-atx,unique design with full capacitor back:

2:the world first 8layers all 3oz copper foils PCB narrow type DCATX up to 400watts,all panasonic TOP grade oscon and WE inductor,with special decoupled-filters ML FP-cap for pcfi usage:

3:the world first and Only Dual dual-phase interleaved Dc2Dc 24pin type DCATX:Invicible &Invicible FE,each PWM circuit of 5V&3.3 is a dual phase interleaved one for 30A current,& supply by a specially designed coaxial cable:

4:BTO for supermicro X10SDV-F

5:My five-year aniversary Edition~~~~Let's celebrate!

6:newly invented -Thin ATX PSU up to 330watts fanlessly~

7: the wolrd lowest profile 24pin type dcatx with only 12.7mm height of pcb:

8: 24pin main-controlled unit of Asus ROG impact mother board:

9:comb-shaped heatsink 24pin type DCATX,and be customized your ID&logo with light on it:

10: full function 24pin type DCATX ofasus ROG impact MB:

11:400watts DC-SFX:

12:500watts DCATX for pcfi with DELL modded single-brick:

13:Another My five-year aniversary Edition of DCATX up tp 500Watts:

14:my newly designed G-cube 8L CPU&GPU all water cooled SFF(19.5cm*19.5cm*19.5cm):

i just made all of these lovely things with my own hands~

Last edited:

FCase

SFF Lingo Aficionado
FCase
Dec 20, 2015

This looks really interesting. Can you give us more information about it? What are its dimensions? Can you safely increase the output to 500W? Something like this could rival HD's internal AC-DC thus eliminating the need for a modded brick.

14:my newly designed G-cube 8L CPU&GPU all water cooled SFF(19.5cm*19.5cm*19.5cm):

This I have a biased curiosity to see how you configured and built. Looks awesome.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com

Wow! I too want to know more about this unit.

9:comb-shaped heatsink 24pin type DCATX,and be customized your ID&logo with light on it:

I love the details that you put into this unit, the backlit custom avatar and cable combs are a really nice touch, nicely done!

11:400watts DC-SFX:

Is there any chance that we could get a similar product in a Fanless THIN-SFX AC format like the THIN-ATX unit that you posted above?
It would be nice to see THIN-ATX and THIN-SFX options.

I would LOVE to see how this was made. That's impressible tiny.

i just made all of these lovely things with my own hands~

You sir, are one talented individual. Amazing work as always. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
G-cube details:

can easlily customized any pattern/logo/ID you like in front/side/back panels because Gcube is made by all PCB:

internal structure 1,one mother board tray PCB,two side supported pcbs,one VGA riser PCB:

internal structure 2: MB IO pcb:

each side supported pcb can add two 2.5' HDD/SSDs:

mid-frame pcb ,spread out the power from DC-in 8pin socket to the cpu connector/pci-e connector/24pin type dcatx controlled unit:

VGA riser card integrated with Fan conctroller/connector and the PSU of SSD/HDD:

specially designed dcatx for Gcube:

VGA water Block,and need some heasink for Gram and VRM:

internal 3,fan will be installed in the middle:

the water cooled unit of Gcube is a second-hand Coolit Rack RCLC ,original used on a dual Xeon cpu server case ;its heat exchanger is 16cm*16cm fin size,4cm thick,can be covered by one 14-16cm fan~it cost me about 25 USD:

the Gcube's shelt is just "floating" on the internal structure with 4 screws on top fasten it

Last edited:

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
in fact ,i have another project 16cm*16cm*16cm named G-quantum-mini using this dual way 14cm rad (dimension is 14cm*15cm*3.2cm)below:

MB is intel NUC skullton-castle,Vga card is AMD R9nano or maybe R10nano.

G-cube use all standard PC hardwares,dont need to do any modification,I am still working on it.

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
here you are.thin-atx (15cm length *8.6cm width the same size as ATX PSU form factor)internal:
case made from pcbs i just solder them together~~~
i integrate an original 200Watts 80Plus-platinum (Delta made for HP micro server)AC-12V module in it,and MODded it to 330Watts capability:

about 2.5cm thickness:

can add any logo like this, BTO:

direct AC input,can be installed in any ATX psu case:

can use any of my 24pin type dcatx as a main controlled unit,can add more pci-e /cpu/sata cables through a 24pin modular socket: