Prototype G-UNIQ ACDC, 7.7-8.5L Expandable Console Case

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
Any updates on this project?

Might get a quicker response on gury's discord if you're not already part of that channel. He has posted numerous pics in the chat, looking good though :) I'm not sure if it's the exact same one as he was talking about in this thread, but he looks to be offering a basic case included with each PSU order from what I could gather :thumb:

Last edited:
Reactions: loader963

IronLegacy45

Trash Compacter
Aug 26, 2018
Any apparent ideas for the release date? Plus is there any way you can put a rad in it after having a full length gpu(about 270mm)?

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
I would imagine, if it fits a 3 slot GPU and you are using a single slot gpu water block, you MIGHT be able to squeze a rad over/under the GPU with slim fans and slim rad, but I highly doubt it would be "supported"

AstroWan

Caliper Novice
Apr 14, 2016
Where can you get the power brick???

Do you mean where the power brick is? If that's your question, I believe from some of the original post I read that it had two options, if you opted to do a mini-itx motherboard, you could fit an SFX psu, but if you wanted ATX, wahaha was looking into a thin plated power supply that mounted on the skeleton of the case and doubled as hard drive holders. I need to double check to make sure I didn't misunderstand the original post but it was really a beautiful design.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Pretty sure the large PCB the drives are mounted to is just a power/data distribution board, and doesn't do any power conversion itself. You'll still need an AC-DC brick for that.

Reactions: AstroWan and Elerek

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
Pretty sure the large PCB the drives are mounted to is just a power/data distribution board, and doesn't do any power conversion itself. You'll still need an AC-DC brick for that.
Looks like it adds a bunch of caps, which might help with stability if you're pushing clocks/voltages (probably for pushing lower voltages, this is sff after all), but still absolutely needs a ac-dc brick.

Reactions: AstroWan

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2019-04-14: I got bit by the CNC bug, making this case via Extrusion and CNC.

Extrusion and CNC will give the most versatility for 2-3 sizes for this project. Thanks to an early backer, we should have enough MOQ to hit the same target price.

The following is Prototype 1 = design is not finalized, just testing thermals. I'm waiting for the Sidearmd T1 to finalized before starting this.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
Will this be a one off run or it will be on a cycle run?

I am like both this and T1 but can only afford one.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Will this be a one off run or it will be on a cycle run?

I am like both this and T1 but can only afford one.

Until I finalize the design, it's hard to nail down all the costs and process, so it's just too early to say.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
What is the maximum supported 140mm radiator+fan supported if an ITX length GPU is used?
I like console style cases but there seems to be limited options for the smaller ones to allow for decent CPU cooling...