Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 ,agreeing with htko89.

Please think about making it a 7L chassis.

Even if I change change the width to 335mm, it's not going to be 7L. You can get the NFC Skyreach 4 Mini no?

If you meant between 7L to 8L. I have experimented with multiple 7-10L cases with all sorts of cooling problems, this case is as small as it can be for the intended component selection. I'm mostly interested in cases that can cool i9-9900K + RTX 2080 + SFX, <1500 RPM Fan speed, <80C on *air. The M1 is able to on air, but it's more than 10L.

I understand some people don't need a i7/i9+XX80 build, so the extra cooling and size increase may be overkill. In some ways, I'm also trapped by my own preference / bias with a little bit of *ATX Mentality*. It's hard for me to summon the energy needed to complete a project unless I'm interested. It's also hard for me to sign off on a case without sufficient cooling for i7/i9+XX80 build.

i9-9900K at 130W at load is about to be a mainstream CPU (LGA 1151). Nvidia RTX 2080 open cooler cards are bigger in size, some 3 GPU slots. In the next 2 years, all of my insider info tells me that component power consumption is going up. I don't see how making the case smaller is going to work out in the future. Why even offer a handicap product if I know this.

RogueLeader

Average Stuffer
Oct 11, 2017
You can get the NFC Skyreach 4 Mini no?

Skyreach is hard to fit internal power, above 200W into.

also, coolers above 45mm like CryOrig C7, will not fit.

you are getting a lot of requests for a smaller case.

a lot.

what about 346mm X 282mm X 72mm [ 7L ] ?

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Skyreach is hard to fit internal power, above 200W into.

also, coolers above 45mm like CryOrig C7, will not fit.

you are getting a lot of requests for a smaller case.

a lot.

what about 346mm X 282mm X 72mm [ 7L ] ??

I got less than 5 requests for smaller case...lol

282mm deep means you cannot fit SFX or GPU longer than 278mm (most open cooler GPU).

72mm means only 92x15mm thick fan support above CPU, 15mm thick fans are too weak - take a look at Sentry temps.

RogueLeader

Average Stuffer
Oct 11, 2017
282mm deep means you cannot fit SFX or GPU longer than 278mm (most open cooler GPU).

72mm means only 92x15mm thick fan support above CPU, 15mm thick fans are too weak - take a look at Sentry temps.

i think you mis-understand.

we don't want you to give up on your 8L case.

in addition to it, we want you to also offer a 7L case.

maybe a limited edition run.

personally, i would fund your limited edition run entirely by myself, if i could.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
i think you mis-understand.

we don't want you to give up on your 8L case.

in addition to it, we want you to also offer a 7L case.

maybe a limited edition run.

personally, i would fund your limited edition run entirely by myself, if i could.

I made a 7L prototype last year, the problem is 85C to thermal throttling on 8700K + GTX 1080 during testing.

So I decided to make the case thicker for thicker (25mm) fans, so here we have the current 8.5L.

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
I will ask the question as I have in most all other custom case threads, and that is, will the case be available in white? :)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
how can i obtain this prototype from you ?

The prototype Top and Bottom Panels are not able to secure (mounting pin broke), no surface treatment (no powder coating or anodizing).

I will ask the question as I have in most all other custom case threads, and that is, will the case be available in white? :)

or silver color ?

Black and Silver anodized outer panels most likely.

It's basically near impossible to get consistent beige or white for anodizing. Anodized aluminum panel surfaces are ideal for painting / powder coating, nothing stopping you from painting / powder coating yourself.

Reactions: Soul_Est and br3nd0

garou81

Chassis Packer
Feb 4, 2017
I understand some people don't need a i7/i9+XX80 build, so the extra cooling and size increase may be overkill. In some ways, I'm also trapped by my own preference / bias with a little bit of *ATX Mentality*. It's hard for me to summon the energy needed to complete a project unless I'm interested. It's also hard for me to sign off on a case without sufficient cooling for i7/i9+XX80 build.

i9-9900K at 130W at load is about to be a mainstream CPU (LGA 1151). Nvidia RTX 2080 open cooler cards are bigger in size, some 3 GPU slots. In the next 2 years, all of my insider info tells me that component power consumption is going up. I don't see how making the case smaller is going to work out in the future. Why even offer a handicap product if I know this.

I think this is the hurdle you and necere encountered in the previous 7l case thread, " summoning the energy/passion" to create something your only half interested in. My question is whats left to do after youv'e designed it and made a prototype? How much more work is there to be done?

My vision for this case wouldv'e been for a console sized steambox/media center for my living room so a flex atx psu with a short 1060 and a 65 watt cpu is all I need. I'm curios to know what @Wahaha360 what your original vision for this case was and what is it now.

Last thing I thought I read this case will support atx motherboards. Will it also support micro atx boards. Would love to not have to pay the premium for itx

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I think this is the hurdle you and necere encountered in the previous 7l case thread, " summoning the energy/passion" to create something your only half interested in. My question is whats left to do after youv'e designed it and made a prototype? How much more work is there to be done?

I been circling this design over a year now...lol

There are some structural improvements that are needed, I will work on that when I meet G-UNIQ mid September to see the prototype myself. I'm mostly concerned about cooling and looks (wow factor), based on latest feedback from G-UNIQ, this case could be best sub 10L case for cooling atm, so I'm somewhat relieved.

We are still 2 month away at the earlist to finalizing the prototype.

My vision for this case wouldv'e been for a console sized steambox/media center for my living room so a flex atx psu with a short 1060 and a 65 watt cpu is all I need. I'm curios to know what @Wahaha360 what your original vision for this case was and what is it now.

If you were going for lower TDP build, Skyreach 4 Mini and Sentry are both decent choices.

My initial vision is to 1) make G-UNIQ PSU more available, 2) use the case to help finance his PSU certification.

My current vision is the same. You can't fully appreciate G-UNIQ's PSU without highend components. At lower TDP, there are other PSU options. It's at thigh end, where Flex PSU fan noise gets annoying, other AC-DC cannot handle, you start to appreciate what G-UNIQ is doing with PSU.

This is why the case is design for higher TDP components, with window for you to see how G-UNIQ custom kit will provide power and reduce cable mess.

Last thing I thought I read this case will support atx motherboards. Will it also support micro atx boards. Would love to not have to pay the premium for itx

Yes, it does support ATX and mATX boards.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
I support your vision. There is no need to make it smaller, the ability to house ATX and 3 slot PCI is what it set it apart from other console style boutique case.

Reactions: HZCH and br3nd0

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
Internal AC, no external bricks is one option.

I think for higher end i9+2080TI, guryhwa said external brick might be necessary to lower case temperature.

Is there any plan for a gurywha external brick? AFAIK one of the things holding other cases back is the lack of an external brick between the Dell 330w and the Eurocom 780w. With the TDP on the 2080 and 9900k you’re already pushing 400w DC.

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
Is there any plan for a gurywha external brick? AFAIK one of the things holding other cases back is the lack of an external brick between the Dell 330w and the Eurocom 780w. With the TDP on the 2080 and 9900k you’re already pushing 400w DC.

He already custom mods exiting dell 330w bricks for higher output, 400w, 450w, some 500w peak but not sure about sustained.

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
He already custom mods exiting dell 330w bricks for higher output, 400w, 450w, some 500w peak but not sure about sustained.

One of the conversations about this case involved getting the proper certifications for the power supplies. AFAIK that’s not the case on the ones he sells now, though I could be wrong about that.

Reactions: SeñorDonut

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

The case supports SFX, unless you are using mATX/ATX, SFX will do

Reactions: chyll2

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
The case supports SFX, unless you are using mATX/ATX, SFX will do

Got it. I think it's taken me a while to wrap my head around the layout- specifically where the PSU goes. If I have it right, in an ATX configuration, the "bottom" of the board (i.e. the lowest PCI-E slots) are underneath the GPU, and the width of the board precludes using an SFX PSU. In an ITX configuration, the SFX PSU is located at the front of the case, on the CPU side. And then if you want a 140mm cooler, that's on the GPU side. Correct?