Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@SSJ4 I've got the following rads and will be posting tests.

XSPC Tx240 (20mm thick, 22 fpi)
Alphacool Lt240 (25mm thick, 16 fpi)
Hwlabs L series 240 (bitspower leviathan, 30mm thick 16 fpi)

Debating purchasing the alphacool nexxos 240 v.2, which is 30mm thick but only 12 FPI. That's the rad @optimumtech used.
Actually the Nexxos V2 ST30 has a 15FPI value.

About the fan, at the moment there is a valid and on par alternative to the Noctua slim! are the Scythe KazeFlex Slim 1800RPM (KF1215FD18-P)
The same you find on the Big Shuriken 3.

I use to have it on top the BlackRidge. I like the better noise sound of them till 70% of the speed. After, it gets a bit louder than the Noctua slim.
But is half of the price!

Here the SFF.Network review

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I would be curious to see some data on different slim fans.

- on air coolers.
- high destiny slim rads.
- low density thick rads.

Sure the noctua slims are awesome. But are very expensive and arent ideal for static pressure. A head to head of the GS120 and noctua 120x15mm line up on the TX240 would be especially interesting for SSF.
Well, on radiators the slim Noctua are more capable and silent than a lot of 25mm fans! ;)

Check it! https://www.overclockers.com/noctua-nf-a12x15-fan-review/

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Actually the Nexxos V2 ST30 has a 15FPI value.

About the fan, at the moment there is a valid and on par alternative to the Noctua slim! are the Scythe KazeFlex Slim 1800RPM (KF1215FD18-P)

@fabio might be aware of the following, but maybe not everyone else:

The Kaze Flex Slim are 17mm in height.
That is 2mm more than the Noctua 12x15 slim fans!

So the Nexxos V2 (and other radiators that might fit with Noctua slim) are most likely not gonna fit when combined with KazeFlex Slim.

Keep in mind the 42mm of clearance :)

In theory the LT240 Radiator is going to fit with the KazeFlex Slim (25mm+17mm, so exactly the maximum).

Edit: OTOH Ali was able to squeeze in the Nexxos V2 plus Noctua which makes a total height of 45mm...

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Well, that's not completely true. The Noctua with the rubber pads are 16mm, as the KazeFlex are 17mm.

Removing them, we are for both at 15mm! ;)

Reactions: Cronos83

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Didn't know that it's only the pads that make the difference :)

My point was that, out of the box, the KazeFlex are thicker than the Noctua.
And in some configurations that might be important.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
So it seems we've got 2 variables:
1. Radiator (TX, LT, EK, ST?)
2. Fans(GS120, noctua slim, scythe, Silverstone)

We have 4 radiators that we are interested in and several fans, maybe more. The permutations for each are a lot! Some won't even fit. I will focus on TX240, but I will test my Silverstone FN124 to GS120 and noctua slims.

I'm encouraged by @rfarmer 's report that GS120 performed well with good noise levels. I have to wait for it to arrive now (returned my pair after test fitting at first).

The Silverstone FN123? That is about as high as it gets for 15mm static pressure I think. 1.52mmH2O

edit: I suspect the solution is the best combination of static pressure and CFM for a given fin density.

Yes it has very good pressure, but these are always reported at max RPM (2000 in the case of the Silverstones). The air flow reported (at max RPM) is low at 32 CFM. Compared to noctua a12x15 at max RPM, pressure is 1.56 and air flow a 55 CFM! But most don't run fans at max. Noctua reports numbers when using their low noise adapter also, which limits RPM of their slim fan to 1400, and pressure falls to 0.9 and air flow to 70.

So with these number, why did I even bother with the Silverstones?

Are. Gee. Bee.

Edit: Silverstone non-RGB FN124 is the same fan design but max 1500rpm giving 0.8 static pressure and 25 CFM. So a much bigger drop in static pressure compared to Noctua.

Last edited:
Reactions: bynio

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
Here is a list of more 120mm slim fans from 12 - 20mm:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Here is a list of more 120mm slim fans from 12 - 20mm:

I've come across this list as well. Definitely where I discovered the RGB Silverstone and the GS120! Good reference list! But I think all the number are just from the manufacturer, no testing was done. So hard to say how they make their "best x fan" determinations.

hprantis

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
Looks like the new EK 120 and 240 AIOs won’t fit in 3 slot mode as the block is 53mm tall.

Edit
Disregard this, it fits in 3 slot as show 3 pages back.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
+Magicool 240 G2 Slim
+Hardwarelabs Black Ice Nemesis GTS240 OEM (the normal GTS is wider and therefore doesn't fit)

This analysis from xtremerigs is disappointing for the leviathan (hardware labs OEM, I think). But the G2 slim is promising.

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
leviathan (hardware labs OEM, I think).

Yeah, not the best radiator Hardwarelabs has ever made... but it's not that crappy either.

And it's actually called LS240 OEM, not GTS240 OEM as I accidentally wrote in the last post.

For what they cost the Magicool Slim are very good radiators.
I just wouldn't use them with hard tubes cause sometimes the fittings have a very slight angle on those radiators (the screws on some batches are not perfectly 90 degree, but 89-ish).

Reactions: DrHudacris

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Well, that's not completely true. The Noctua with the rubber pads are 16mm, as the KazeFlex are 17mm.

Removing them, we are for both at 15mm! ;)

I can second that, just measured them.
And also for that RGB Lovers, the Kaze Flex Slim comes also in an appropriate Version.

Reactions: fabio

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Since I love how my L12S is working out in both thermals and noise levels, I'm contemplating switching out my GPU's stock cooler with a Kraken G12 and EVGA CL11 120mm AIO. My GPU fans ramp up quite a bit currently, and I remember how amazing my EVGA 1070ti Hybrid was in my Ncase M1 a while back. I have the space for a 120AIO in my current T1 setup, and that's only going to get better once I custom sleeve my cables (likely happening this weekend), so if I can get it to work, and maintain the quiet levels I'm looking for even under load, this seems like a no brainer.

Before I commit, I wanted to see if anyone had a G12, and knew the exact height measurements? The spec sheet says 201x113x32mm, but in certain pics it looks like it could be a bit more than that. Also, anyone with a CL11 that can attest for the pump noise? I think that's the cooler that was in my 1070ti, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Even if it was, I used it alongside my Corsair H60 (dual 120mm setup is baller in the M1), and the pump noise on that damn thing would've drowned out anything the Hybrid could've produced lol.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Since I love how my L12S is working out in both thermals and noise levels, I'm contemplating switching out my GPU's stock cooler with a Kraken G12 and EVGA CL11 120mm AIO. My GPU fans ramp up quite a bit currently, and I remember how amazing my EVGA 1070ti Hybrid was in my Ncase M1 a while back. I have the space for a 120AIO in my current T1 setup, and that's only going to get better once I custom sleeve my cables (likely happening this weekend), so if I can get it to work, and maintain the quiet levels I'm looking for even under load, this seems like a no brainer.

Before I commit, I wanted to see if anyone had a G12, and knew the exact height measurements? The spec sheet says 201x113x32mm, but in certain pics it looks like it could be a bit more than that. Also, anyone with a CL11 that can attest for the pump noise? I think that's the cooler that was in my 1070ti, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Even if it was, I used it alongside my Corsair H60 (dual 120mm setup is baller in the M1), and the pump noise on that damn thing would've drowned out anything the Hybrid could've produced lol.

I have a g12 and an asetek 550 LC (gen 4). I can measure the g12 for you. One issue you could have with the EVGA cl 11 is the tubes coming out perpendicular to the block. It would be tricky to route the tubes, especially with clearance being lower for the GPU side (2 slot or <40mm with an L12S)

(If you don't already have the G12 or an AIO, PM me)

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I have a g12 and an asetek 550 LC (gen 4). I can measure the g12 for you. One issue you could have with the EVGA cl 11 is the tubes coming out perpendicular to the block. It would be tricky to route the tubes, especially with clearance being lower for the GPU side (2 slot or <40mm with an L12S)

(If you don't already have the G12 or an AIO, PM me)
Good call on the tubing. I'm not wild about water cooling for the most part, so I'll need to pay closer attention while shopping around! Pming :)

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Finally got my loop running, bled and fully enclosed in the case.

3DMark looping stress test CPU (i9-9900KF - stock) and GPU (1080ti - stock) both plateaued out around 60c.

2 Noctua fans (thick and thin) running at a fixed 1300RPM / 950RPM which gives a pleasant noise combined with the DDC in a Apogee Drive 2.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Finally got my loop running, bled and fully enclosed in the case.

3DMark looping stress test CPU (i9-9900KF - stock) and GPU (1080ti - stock) both plateaued out around 60c.

2 Noctua fans (thick and thin) running at a fixed 1300RPM / 950RPM which gives a pleasant noise combined with the DDC in a Apogee Drive 2.

Those are good numbers! The DDC seems to be the way to go...my GPX Pro Solo (a weaker DCLT) struggles..

Which radiator are you running?

Edit: went back to your previous post. Coolworld slim radiator, 24mm thick.

Also very interested in your small display with temp readouts!

Last edited: