Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
If anyone want to see the minimum size - length for the cables in the flipped orientation... Only the GPU is shorter! And the route of it is in part blocked from the 24 Pin connector on the PSU (Corsair should flip the 2 row, IMO, always thought this!)

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Quick fan update: the Noctua NFA12x15s far exceed the Silverstone FN124s. Immediately after replacing them, the airflow from my formal "hand above the case" test was noticably increased. I know I shouldn't be surprised because noctua, but damn...

Another benefit: they have fan-stop at 0% PWM, something the Silverstones didn't. So at idle I have them completely off with only the big boi A12x25 at 1100 rpm, true silence.

In stress testing temps are all down 3C at the same RPM (although at 1700RPM, the Noctuas are louder than the Silverstones).

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Quick fan update: the Noctua NFA12x15s far exceed the Silverstone FN124s. Immediately after replacing them, the airflow from my formal "hand above the case" test was noticably increased. I know I shouldn't be surprised because noctua, but damn...

Another benefit: they have fan-stop at 0% PWM, something the Silverstones didn't. So at idle I have them completely off with only the big boi A12x25 at 1100 rpm, true silence.

In stress testing temps are all down 3C at the same RPM (although at 1700RPM, the Noctuas are louder than the Silverstones).
Thanks to have double checked!!
I agree on the NOCTUA! At max RPM, they are loud!
BTW, are you sure they have a 0rpm mode?? The website say that the minimum speed is 450rpm...

Xoroxronis

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2020
Hi there, great case.. i'm dreaming the two-tone...
and great builds by the way.

BTW, are you sure they have a 0rpm mode?? The website say that the minimum speed is 450rpm...

It doesn't matter. The 0rpm is mobo/fan header/software control setting thing.
The Silverstones if i remember correctly are DC fans, the Noctuas are PWM. If i want to guess, the mobo for the specific header that the Noctuas are connected has a BIOS setting to choose from auto detect/pwm/dc fan control and a setting for fan stop. Some setting there makes the Noctuas to stop.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hi there, great case.. i'm dreaming the two-tone...
and great builds by the way.

The Silverstones if i remember correctly are DC fans, the Noctuas are PWM. If i want to guess, the mobo for the specific header that the Noctuas are connected has a BIOS setting to choose from auto detect/pwm/dc fan control and a setting for fan stop. Some setting there makes the Noctuas to stop.
Yes yes, of course, but it is "safe" for the fan if it is not officially supported? I am interested in! :)

Xoroxronis

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2020
Yes yes, of course, but it is "safe" for the fan if it is not officially supported? I am interested in! :)

Well i'm not sure, but i don't think that going to lower voltage than the starting voltage for DC fans, or going to lower duty cycle than the "minimum" duty cycle for the PWM fans isn't safe for the fans. It's the way all the mobos, gpu, psu, with fan stop feature works.
The "minimum officially supported" has a lot to do with Intel specification for PWM Controlled Fans. Check this from page 6

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Thanks to have double checked!!
I agree on the NOCTUA! At max RPM, they are loud!

Yes! True 0 RPM, it is also mentioned on their website (also for the chromax version). I think the minimum speed is the slowest the fan can spin, excluding full stop. Minimum RPM of 450 RPM from about 20% PWM signal. But under that, it will stop.

The Silverstones I used are the FW124 ARGB, which are actually PWM. I had them connected to the same header, and had the same "auto fan stop" enabled and same fan curve. The Silverstone fans idled at 700 RPM, even at 0% PWM signal whereas the Noctuas did not spin.

Next is to test Deepcool GS120s...

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Yes! True 0 RPM, it is also mentioned on their website (also for the chromax version). I think the minimum speed is the slowest the fan can spin, excluding full stop. Minimum RPM of 450 RPM from about 20% PWM signal. But under that, it will stop.

The Silverstones I used are the FW124 ARGB, which are actually PWM. I had them connected to the same header, and had the same "auto fan stop" enabled and same fan curve. The Silverstone fans idled at 700 RPM, even at 0% PWM signal whereas the Noctuas did not spin.

Next is to test Deepcool GS120s...
Holy shit, I never ever knew it! That’s great!

Thanks a lot guys!!

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
Oh wow you're absolutely right. Just measured the PCB on mine and it's 120 mm. Sorry about that. I was going off of the specs sheet from Zotac's site. They say the height is 148 mm so I wonder if they're including the PCIe bracket at the back that extends past the PCB?

No worries! I would never do something like that...

• Haha
Reactions: DrHudacris

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Im scared about what you could potentially do with this information. I swear in a month you will have found out how to push air with 0 fan nois through some 0 rpm magic and manage to make your system inaudible.
Ahahahahaha! That it’s against physics!!! Actually I am trying to figure out how to enable SLI in a non SLI motherboard (like every ITX)

Xoroxronis

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2020

Sorry my bad, you wrote FN124s in your first post and that's why i assume is the DC version.
So as i understand it, some pwm fans will stop spinning at 0% duty cycle and some others will keep running at their specified minimum speed. And if it's not in the spec sheet as Noctuas, only with testing you can find! It's time to test our fans guys!

*From slim fans besides Noctuas i also had in the past the prolimatech ultra sleek and if i remember correctly they also stop.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Sorry my bad, you wrote FN124s in your first post and that's why i assume is the DC version.
So as i understand it, some pwm fans will stop spinning at 0% duty cycle and some others will keep running at their specified minimum speed. And if it's not in the spec sheet as Noctuas, only with testing you can find! It's time to test our fans guys!

*From slim fans besides Noctuas i also had in the past the prolimatech ultra sleek and if i remember correctly they also stop.

Yes sorry, that was my mistake to write FN. Google has been very forgiving in my searches and when I search for "FN124 RGB" shows me the fan I actually meant, the FW124. But you are correct, the FN124 is DC 3 pin!

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
@Wahaha360 any interesting feedback from the China QQ buyers? I saw that set of build / review videos that seemed generally very positive. Any community recommended tweaks and such??

biggieprollz

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 25, 2020
My Great and Mediocre Experience, so far...

The Good

Inspired by @fabio and his insane builds, I decided to try and get my hands on a T1.
While I always intended to buy one, the preorder delays have made it difficult for people not in China.
Luckily, I have a close friend that lives in China and managed to secure a case for me via the QQ group and FedEx it to the US.

This case is truly incredible. The thought that went into the design and the shear quality of manufacturing made it a joy to build in.
It is, hands down, the BEST and highest quality SFF case there is. I would think the NCASE M1 is a close second.

I have a very similar build to @fabio.
Spec:
  • Ryzen 9 3950X
  • ASUS ROG Strix X570-i
  • Radeon RX5700XT
  • EKWB Magnitude CPU Block
  • EKWB Radeon GPU Block
  • EKWB 240mm Rad
  • DC-LT with Eisstation
While I'm no stranger to SFF, this is my first custom loop ever. The 5700XT is great for gaming. I would've used my WX8200 but unfortunately there is not water block support for it, that I know of. Maybe I will go the NVIDIA route down the route to a Titan or Quadro card for my modeling work.
@fabio thank you for your posts and incredible out-of-the-box thinking. I likely would not have made the jump into this case as quickly as I did had I not seen what it was capable of.

The Bad
Eager to get everything together, I assembled the entire PC in the case.
Looking back, I DEFINITELY should've bench tested everything.

Unfortunately it seems like my riser cable is dead. No video even though the computer POSTs.
Tested with the Ghost S1 riser and video outputs properly but the GPU side of the cable is a bit taller than the ADT so it doesn't fit in the case.

So now, I'm unfortunately stuck. Lead times to get anything from Amazon have become extremely long and I don't have another source for the ADT riser.

Does anyone have a spare, or a good source for them? I'd love to get one so I can start using the machine!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
...Luckily, I have a close friend that lives in China and managed to secure a case for me via the QQ group and FedEx it to the US....

So now, I'm unfortunately stuck. Lead times to get anything from Amazon have become extremely long and I don't have another source for the ADT riser.

Why not ask your close friend in China to get an ADT riser for you in Taobao?
I am not sure which ADT riser model you need and so you have to check for yourself.
etc etc

biggieprollz

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 25, 2020
Why not ask your close friend in China to get an ADT riser for you in Taobao?
I am not sure which ADT riser model you need and so you have to check for yourself.
etc etc

Thanks Tiny. Plan to talk to him tonight.
Need to just verify the model.

@Wahaha360 - can you specify the length and model number for the ADT riser you're using on the T1s.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
My Great and Mediocre Experience, so far...

The Good

Inspired by @fabio and his insane builds, I decided to try and get my hands on a T1.
While I always intended to buy one, the preorder delays have made it difficult for people not in China.
Luckily, I have a close friend that lives in China and managed to secure a case for me via the QQ group and FedEx it to the US.

This case is truly incredible. The thought that went into the design and the shear quality of manufacturing made it a joy to build in.
It is, hands down, the BEST and highest quality SFF case there is. I would think the NCASE M1 is a close second.

I have a very similar build to @fabio.
Spec:
  • Ryzen 9 3950X
  • ASUS ROG Strix X570-i
  • Radeon RX5700XT
  • EKWB Magnitude CPU Block
  • EKWB Radeon GPU Block
  • EKWB 240mm Rad
  • DC-LT with Eisstation
While I'm no stranger to SFF, this is my first custom loop ever. The 5700XT is great for gaming. I would've used my WX8200 but unfortunately there is not water block support for it, that I know of. Maybe I will go the NVIDIA route down the route to a Titan or Quadro card for my modeling work.
@fabio thank you for your posts and incredible out-of-the-box thinking. I likely would not have made the jump into this case as quickly as I did had I not seen what it was capable of.

The Bad
Eager to get everything together, I assembled the entire PC in the case.
Looking back, I DEFINITELY should've bench tested everything.

Unfortunately it seems like my riser cable is dead. No video even though the computer POSTs.
Tested with the Ghost S1 riser and video outputs properly but the GPU side of the cable is a bit taller than the ADT so it doesn't fit in the case.

Does anyone have a spare, or a good source for them? I'd love to get one so I can start using the machine!

1. ALWAYS TEST YOUR PARTS OUTSIDE OF YOUR CASE NO MATTER WHAT. Take a deep breath and tell yourself that there is no rush and you have all the time in the world to do a proper job instead of a half asked hack rush job that you will redo later

2. Try http://www.liheat.com.tw/en/product_cg127116.html

I hear nothing but good things but I would see what @Wahaha360 has to say.