Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
Option 1 - When shipping from Hong Kong to the EU, import fees are the receiver's responsibility, not us.

Option 2 - After the inventory arrives in the EU warehouse, we will ship from the EU. At this point, the price will be higher to include VAT and less trouble for the customer.

Based on our latest quotes from our logistics partners, it's more expensive and a longer transit time to choose option 2, but some people will choose it for convenience.

Well, I guess I had wrong expectations, I guess.
I though that the price reflects at least VAT, based on the location of shipping, I don't remember what was the information during the order.

In such case, for me that will be VAT and maybe import fee. Can you please let me know what will be on the shipping documents? I have different import taxes for different materials and types of products and no VAT is charged below 160USD (for me the price was 256USD). Not trying to cheat the system, I just want to understand what will be the final cost.

And one more thing - I know I've asked it before and maybe I am bitter now, but the vertical stand is part of the promotion materials, so there must be more information for it. Interchangeable front panels are only discussed in the forum, so no information for them is good, but the stand is on the brochure.

... Or I am just on the wrong boat. People here seem not to care at all for the price and some uncertainties. I understand that this is the niche of the niche, but still ...

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Option 1 - When shipping from Hong Kong to the EU, import fees are the receiver's responsibility, not us.

Option 2 - After the inventory arrives in the EU warehouse, we will ship from the EU. At this point, the price will be higher to include VAT and less trouble for the customer.

Based on our latest quotes from our logistics partners, it's more expensive and a longer transit time to choose option 2, but some people will choose it for convenience.
After telling us shipping from within the EU would be cheaper I opted for this choice in the interest check knowing I would get the case later.
Now you're telling me it's going to be a higher priced case because of VAT and the total will result to being higher AND having it later.
And because of this choice will prob be E-mailed last as well.
Are you kidding me right now?

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
Well, I guess I had wrong expectations, I guess.
I though that the price reflects at least VAT, based on the location of shipping, I don't remember what was the information during the order.

In such case, for me that will be VAT and maybe import fee. Can you please let me know what will be on the shipping documents? I have different import taxes for different materials and types of products and no VAT is charged below 160USD (for me the price was 256USD). Not trying to cheat the system, I just want to understand what will be the final cost.

And one more thing - I know I've asked it before and maybe I am bitter now, but the vertical stand is part of the promotion materials, so there must be more information for it. Interchangeable front panels are only discussed in the forum, so no information for them is good, but the stand is on the brochure.

... Or I am just on the wrong boat. People here seem not to care at all for the price and some uncertainties. I understand that this is the niche of the niche, but still ...
It's an optional accessory for later, no ETA yet. W360 has reiterated a few times on the Discord that there's been a lot of challenges because of covid, supply chain issues, etc. which is why it's just the black case now with no accessories to get something out of the door and get the case into at least some people's hands. There's plenty of us waiting for the accessories, me included! Just going to need a little more patience unfortunately.

FiftyFifty

Average Stuffer
May 20, 2021
After telling us shipping from within the EU would be cheaper I opted for this choice in the interest check knowing I would get the case later.
Now you're telling me it's going to be a higher priced case because of VAT and the total will result to being higher AND having it later.
And because of this choice will prob be E-mailed last as well.
Are you kidding me right now?
Yeah kinda disappointing, guess you can make up stuff along the way when your product sells like hot cakes.

Reactions: PKAWA and Tuscany

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
@Wahaha360 - quick question for you. My interest check was a reference model, but just received an email for the sandwich layout. Will I still be eligible for the reference model once it’s released?

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
@Wahaha360 - quick question for you. My interest check was a reference model, but just received an email for the sandwich layout. Will I still be eligible for the reference model once it’s released?
W360 confirmed on the Discord that if you want to wait for reference, you can just ignore this one and wait for the release of those. Currently unsure of the titanium IC situation.

Last edited:

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
Yes, and interestingly enough, all of a sudden, it does not ship to my country. Which is the same country I choose for the IC.
Anyways, seems like quite a high ball for me, as it seems.
When I factor in the USD exchange rate , shipping, VAT and import tax (with the latter two being kinda "surprise", as discussed already) I cannot justify it.

I was looking for a side upgrade from my SM550 to be able to do customer loop or AIO, but maybe next time.

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
Yes, and interestingly enough, all of a sudden, it does not ship to my country. Which is the same country I choose for the IC.
Anyways, seems like quite a high ball for me, as it seems.
When I factor in the USD exchange rate , shipping, VAT and import tax (with the latter two being kinda "surprise", as discussed already) I cannot justify it.

I was looking for a side upgrade from my SM550 to be able to do customer loop or AIO, but maybe next time.
There's a couple countries missing it seems, we don't know why. If you change your mind, email customer support and they'll be able to sort it out.
VAT and import tax are standard for all international purchases depending on your local laws, not something Formd can do anything about unfortunately.

dream3

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019
1- What will be the shipping company used for LATIN AMERICAN destinations? That influences the price A LOT in my country as courier charge extremely abusive "service fees" here on top of astronomical import taxes and nothing can be done about it. Whereas regular mail does not charge service fees.

2- What are the advantages of aluminum side mesh over steel? It seems to me that steel is able to filter dust more than aluminum as the holes are smaller.

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
1- What will be the shipping company used for LATIN AMERICAN destinations? That influences the price A LOT in my country as courier charge extremely abusive "service fees" here on top of astronomical import taxes and nothing can be done about it. Whereas regular mail does not charge service fees.

2- What are the advantages of aluminum side mesh over steel? It seems to me that steel is able to filter dust more than aluminum as the holes are smaller.
Sorry I can't help with the first question.
Second question though, aluminium is anodised whereas steel is powder coated. W360 has said "Aluminum Mesh Panels SHOCKINGLY good compare to the older Steel Mesh". W360 confirmed on the discord today that steel and aluminium have same hole size/hole spacing.

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
There's a couple countries missing it seems, we don't know why. If you change your mind, email customer support and they'll be able to sort it out.
VAT and import tax are standard for all international purchases depending on your local laws, not something Formd can do anything about unfortunately.

Yes, of course, I don't argue.
The only thing I can argue is that the "Ship from Europe" was never accompanied with "you price will increase due to VAT". It is like buying from Aliexpress and you choose China warehouse or Poland warehouse. You know that from Poland you don't get to pay VAT and import (whether these were backed in the price or not at the time of purchase is not my concern, as long as I pay a price I like). I liked the price at IC with shipping from Europe. I don't like it know.

I will wait to see what will happen with "Ship from Europe to me starting May 2022 at a lower shipping price", which is what I choose. Looking at the wind direction, might not ever happen :)

Last edited:

dream3

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019
Second question though, aluminium is anodised whereas steel is powder coated. W360 has said "Aluminum Mesh Panels SHOCKINGLY good compare to the older Steel Mesh". W360 confirmed on the discord today that steel and aluminium have same hole size/hole spacing.
Thank you. In that case I might ship to a friend in the US so I dont get hit with gigantic corruption tax out of the blue lol

Can you please confirm the information that US addresses DO NOT have to pay import taxes at all?

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
Thank you. In that case I might ship to a friend in the US so I dont get hit with gigantic corruption tax out of the blue lol

Can you please confirm the information that US addresses DO NOT have to pay import taxes at all?
I'm not from the US, I cannot confirm that either way, sorry. Maybe somebody from the US will read this who can confirm.

dream3

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019

Hey I don't think the holes are the same size. Something is off about that confirmation.

Min_Ahn

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2017

Can you tell us about the unexpected price increase? I thought IC locks-in the price. Thanks. @Wahaha360

Last edited:

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
How can I get the black sandwich + aluminum mesh with 4.0 riser? Can I wait until next week with IC or do I have to buy literally today? Can we please get a response before it's potentially too late for whatever reason? @Wahaha360 It would really suck if we waited all this time to be told you have to buy it with this specific part if you want the case. Why not update everything to aluminum. Why is there a steel option?

Last edited:

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
I didn't even notice that choosing aluminum side panels forced a 3.0 riser... that's weird. I guess I'll stick with that order unless w360 can advise of an easy way to change the order to a 4.0 riser??