Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Hey guys,

For T1 V2, the Top/Bottom Panel continues to be interchangeable. We are debating making ONE of the two Top/Bottom Panels hollow (see image below).

Doing so will allow better AIO support (think 25mm thick fans on a 27-30mm radiator), making T1 more compatible and more friendly for those not ready for a custom loop.

Can you guys give me some feedback?

Maybe make a poll but as an air cooler, this doesn't affect me either way. Preference for the same so it's interchangeable if I mess up one of them but it will be the bottom/back panel vertical if open.

OdinsPlayground

Efficiency Noob
Sep 4, 2020
I'm also wondering the same thing - will we be able to switch to black and retain IC pricing in the coming months if titanium is cancelled / the price increases / we decide not to wait any longer?

I understand that manufacturing and supply costs are uncertain, but it would feel unfair if we wait for titanium and end up paying the increased price amount for a black case in 3-6 months time.
I'll 3rd this. This really needs clarification. I could wait for Titanium if we keep the priority and will be emailed in same manner as the Black IC SW users are getting now. Also in case Titanium got cancelled, that we keep the priority to change to other available colors.

I also wouldn't want an open top / bottom, if it's preparatory. Could be an additional add on / option on purchase.

Last edited:

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
I dont mind waiting another few months for titanium, but if it turns out that titanium is never going to happen will those who IC titanium have an opportunity in the future to switch to black? Or is it now or never?

I'm also wondering the same thing - will we be able to switch to black and retain IC pricing in the coming months if titanium is cancelled / the price increases / we decide not to wait any longer?

I understand that manufacturing and supply costs are uncertain, but it would feel unfair if we wait for titanium and end up paying the increased price amount for a black case in 3-6 months time.

this was my initial reaction, but in thinking about SFF to me it is about not seeing or hearing my computer, it just working and doing everything I need. I think i'd rather get the black than wait for even longer.

Good luck though boys, hope you get what you're after!

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
@Wahaha360 Regarding tomorrow's sales.

First of all, congratulations. Hope you sell'em all. I have a question about the shopping process that it's freaking me out.
Do we need to log in to confirm the order?
I have all the emails the shop sent me during the IC. Account activation and the order. Back that day, I was in panic completing the IC and now I can't remember the password. I don't even remember introducing any passwords (I have all mine stored in a password manager but this one).
Will you enable the "remember"/"recover" password link on the shop?
No, you only need the same email and name on the order.
Can we at least see a picture of packaged box? :)
It'll most likely be the same as the original T1 packaging

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
Any idea what time emails will go out tomorrow to people with priority and who completed the interest check? I know that the orders page goes live at 8PM PST, so the assumption is that emails will go out sometime earlier in the day?

skz87

Cable Smoosher
Jul 3, 2020
I like the idea of larger fans for AIOs but unless it's an extender it doesn't make sense. I don't think an open top would be good to look at, and if you have the AIO on the bottom you're gonna have any bubbles stuck in the pump since it'll be the highest point of the loop, right?

snoozes_chuckram

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 4, 2021
If one currently has an IC for Reference Design, can one attempt to purchase the Sandwich normally with the general website launch and still retain the IC and priority for when the Reference eventually launches? I wouldn't want to get the Sandwich if it meant sacrificing getting the Reference and retaining priority.

Considering the unknown timeframe for the Reference, I would still like a Sandwich if immediately availabe as better than nothing and eventually had hoped to buy the conversion kit to go from Reference to Sandwich down the line. I just still wouldn't want to give up waiting on the Reference.

I completely understand if it's the case of having to give up Reference IC priority, although, if not, I suppose it may be OK and still giving everyone that wants the case a fair shot considering this would just be competing with the entire general population in the general website launch and people who really want the Sandwhich right away would have completed an IC or will email customer support about switching their Reference IC priority over to Sandwich as instructed.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Hey guys,

For T1 V2, the Top/Bottom Panel continues to be interchangeable. We are debating making ONE of the two Top/Bottom Panels hollow (see image below).

Doing so will allow better AIO support (think 25mm thick fans on a 27-30mm radiator), making T1 more compatible and more friendly for those not ready for a custom loop.

Can you guys give me some feedback?

I’m iffy on the idea, especially when thinking about wanting to make use of the vertical stand. I don’t think it would be as aesthetically pleasing with one side open like that imo. Looks are subjective, though… Performance-wise it should be beneficial, and added compatibility is always welcome… I’d say a poll would be helpful if it’s something you’re seriously thinking about.

2022-04-06 Update: T1 V2 Order start 2022-04-08 8PM Pacific Time!​

Thank you all again for the support and patience!

Customer with completed Interest Check or on Priority List or both:

If you have completed the T1 V2 Interest Check Survey, we will email you the invoice starting April 8th, so there is no need to *panic-buy on opening. The invoice email will allow you to change the shipping address, and if other changes are required, reply to the email for customer service.

T1 V2 Sandwich Kit in Black color (both PCie 4.0 and PCIe 3.0 Riser Cable) will ship first. The other configurations are delayed due to global supply chain constraints, and to that end, we cannot estimate the availability date.

For these reasons, if your IC is not a T1 V2 Sandwich Kit in Black color, we will not email you. If you change your mind and want what’s available, you can 1) buy from the website on opening or 2) email customer service starting April 9th. We should have enough inventory, and if not, you will still have priority over regular customers in shipping.

Assuming no further lockdowns in Asia, we plan to ship starting next week to the end of April.

Everyone Else:

What’s on the website on opening is what we can ship, so please refer to the website. Assuming no further lockdowns in Asia, we plan to ship by the end of April.

Media Review:

There should be some reviews available before we ship!
Congrats on getting the T1 V2 consumer ready! I can only imagine the logistical nightmare it’s been with this lovely pandemic and Putin’s nonsense. I am curious what specifically has kept the reference model from launching, though. In theory, it shouldn’t have as many components to source like the sandwich does, so I wonder… I’ll patiently wait for it, but I’m curious nonetheless. :)

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
If one currently has an IC for Reference Design, can one attempt to purchase the Sandwich normally with the general website launch and still retain the IC and priority for when the Reference eventually launches? I wouldn't want to get the Sandwich if it meant sacrificing getting the Reference and retaining priority.

Considering the unknown timeframe for the Reference, I would still like a Sandwich if immediately availabe as better than nothing and eventually had hoped to buy the conversion kit to go from Reference to Sandwich down the line. I just still wouldn't want to give up waiting on the Reference.

I completely understand if it's the case of having to give up Reference IC priority, although, if not, I suppose it may be OK and still giving everyone that wants the case a fair shot considering this would just be competing with the entire general population in the general website launch and people who really want the Sandwhich right away would have completed an IC or will email customer support about switching their Reference IC priority over to Sandwich as instructed.

I would also like to know this. I was thinking about getting a sandwich and then "downgrading" to the reference model due to the current circumstances, but since the return window of my CPU cooler is now closed a little bit of clarification will be appreciated.

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
I'm not interested in an open top. Would make it less aesthetically pleasing IMO, and the internal components would be more prone to damage during transportation.

jughead0

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2021
Question about payments: does the website only accept Visa and MasterCard, or can I pay with smth a bit less trivial, like UnionPay?
Is there an answer to this at all? I swear I'm not in the market for the SW version, I'm just trying to get my payment method in order so I don't miss the Ref version when it eventually drops.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
"If you have completed the T1 V2 Interest Check Survey, we will email you the invoice starting April 8th"

Has anyone gotten theirs yet? Just making sure mine didn't get lost! I have both priority and IC so its unlikely but after waiting so long I just want to make sure!

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
"If you have completed the T1 V2 Interest Check Survey, we will email you the invoice starting April 8th"

Has anyone gotten theirs yet? Just making sure mine didn't get lost! I have both priority and IC so its unlikely but after waiting so long I just want to make sure!
Nobody has yet, April 8th 8 PM PST according to the Reddit post. So 10 hours and change from the time that I'm typing this.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Nobody has yet, April 8th 8 PM PST according to the Reddit post. So 10 hours and change from the time that I'm typing this.
My read was that orders on the site will go live at 8pm - if that is true for the emails too is unclear from the post imo.

More than happy to be wrong, just doesn't hurt to check!

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
My read was that orders on the site will go live at 8pm - if that is true for the emails too is unclear from the post imo.

I believe that's when they're supposed to start going out. W360 said they'll go out in order of IC date in the Discord.

Reactions: hetvler

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020

My understanding of discussion in the Discord was that general orders open at 8pm, but emails for IC and priority people will be going out throughout the day today (prior to 8pm)

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
I did not receive an email yet, and I believe I have addressed this issue a few times in the past, in regards to email notifications from the website. I did order black via the interest check and I do have priority. I have a feeling I may not get an email before the order time, today.

Reactions: ellroy80

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020

Yup I would also like to know the same thing re: titanium.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r