Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
It's an extremely tight fit, and is almost impossible when using a 240mm AIO, from the pics and experiences I've seen
Oof ok thank you.
It does fit. I have the silverstone SFX-L PSU you're talking about and sadly the fan is the loudest part of the build. I swapped back to my SF750 because the fan noise was annoying me so much.
aw man thats very disheartening to hear - i have a silverstone 750 right now and the fan is just... awful. its so loud for NO reason. i have a 5600x and a friggin 980 right now. it should barely be possible for me to pull more than like 350-400w absolute tops. I was hoping the 120mm fan in the sfxL would be better.
B

Dont. Coolermaster is releasing a 1100w sfx psu and a 1300w sfx-l psu in the coming months. If you dont need the psu now and only want it for next gen, wait for the coolermaster units.
ooooo this sounds great.

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
Oof ok thank you.

aw man thats very disheartening to hear - i have a silverstone 750 right now and the fan is just... awful. its so loud for NO reason. i have a 5600x and a friggin 980 right now. it should barely be possible for me to pull more than like 350-400w absolute tops. I was hoping the 120mm fan in the sfxL would be better.

ooooo this sounds great.
I did have it facing me about 2ft away so take it with a grain of salt but even through the build I had noted how much more audible it was over everything else. I’d use it if I needed the power.

Reactions: hetvler

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
I did have it facing me about 2ft away so take it with a grain of salt but even through the build I had noted how much more audible it was over everything else. I’d use it if I needed the power.
How loud are we talking here? My current one is a literal jet engine for some reason. When I got it my gf came in and was like “what’s that noise” and she was sitting in a different room a solid like 30ft away

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
How loud are we talking here? My current one is a literal jet engine for some reason. When I got it my gf came in and was like “what’s that noise” and she was sitting in a different room a solid like 30ft away
Loud enough for me to want to remove it completely. And I couldn’t find anything suitable for a fan swap either.

Frenzy

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
Weird there are such big differences. With my Corsair SF600 i (allmost) need to check with a flashlight if the fan is actually spinning during full load.
3700x and 1080 system.

Reactions: rfarmer

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
It really depends on many things, I guess. My SM550 is on my desk, on the left hand side, so I constantly see the PSU. On the other side it is as wall. Probably in combination with the ambient temp, my SF600 would start spinning 5 to 10 minutes after I boot and would not stop at all - idle, load, does not matter.
I had to switch it to SF750 to get the true fanless experience. But even this one, when I start RDR2, takes less than 3 minutes to start spinning.

jughead0

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2021
Question about payments: does the website only accept Visa and MasterCard, or can I pay with smth a bit less trivial, like UnionPay?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2022-04-06 Update: T1 V2 Order start 2022-04-08 8PM Pacific Time!​

Thank you all again for the support and patience!

Customer with completed Interest Check or on Priority List or both:

If you have completed the T1 V2 Interest Check Survey, we will email you the invoice starting April 9th, so there is no need to *panic-buy on opening. The invoice email will allow you to change the shipping address, and if other changes are required, reply to the email for customer service.

T1 V2 Sandwich Kit in Black color (both PCie 4.0 and PCIe 3.0 Riser Cable) will ship first. The other configurations are delayed due to global supply chain constraints, and to that end, we cannot estimate the availability date.

For these reasons, if your IC is not a T1 V2 Sandwich Kit in Black color, we will not email you. If you change your mind and want what’s available, you can 1) buy from the website on opening or 2) email customer service starting April 9th. We should have enough inventory, and if not, you will still have priority over regular customers in shipping.

Assuming no further lockdowns in Asia, we plan to ship starting next week to the end of April.

Everyone Else:

What’s on the website on opening is what we can ship, so please refer to the website. Assuming no further lockdowns in Asia, we plan to ship by the end of April.

Media Review:

There should be some reviews available before we ship!

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hey guys,

For T1 V2, the Top/Bottom Panel continues to be interchangeable. We are debating making ONE of the two Top/Bottom Panels hollow (see image below).

Doing so will allow better AIO support (think 25mm thick fans on a 27-30mm radiator), making T1 more compatible and more friendly for those not ready for a custom loop.

Can you guys give me some feedback?

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
Does it mean fans will be protruding from the top of the case? Or the bottom will be uncovered?
I, personally, don't like it. If it uses extenders - yes. In order to rather offset the panel, instead of removing it altogether.

Also, how does this change work with the expected shipments? Does it mean that the case will undergo further development after the first units are shipped? V2, V2.1, V2.2, etc?

Generally - what is the mindset? Because as I mentioned before, I signed for the IC, because I like the idea of the vertical case. Doing post shipment changes might results in something, which the rest of use did not sign up for (like, dropping the stand) or defacto making a better case out of V2.2 and leaving the rest of us with "less better" case.

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
Hey guys,

For T1 V2, the Top/Bottom Panel continues to be interchangeable. We are debating making ONE of the two Top/Bottom Panels hollow (see image below).

Doing so will allow better AIO support (think 25mm thick fans on a 27-30mm radiator), making T1 more compatible and more friendly for those not ready for a custom loop.

What's the tradeoff? As someone who is planning to put a full custom loop in my T1 I have a bias towards whatever configuration would best be suited to that 😅

Reactions: Talyrius

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
Hey guys,

It depends on how dusty is your desktop and your cooling setup.

In my current build (not a T1), I have had a bottom fan intake with a dust filter and it clogged very often. However, the top is quite clean, because of the fans in the exhaust position. Even when the PC is off for some days, I end up finding dust within the enclosure. I mean, the bottom is more exposed to gather dust than any other side of the case. You can cover the case top-down, but rarely from the bottom up.

One thing that might help is a set of case feet. At the same time, it should improve the cooling by reducing air restrictions in that area.

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
@Wahaha360 Regarding tomorrow's sales.

First of all, congratulations. Hope you sell'em all. I have a question about the shopping process that it's freaking me out.
Do we need to log in to confirm the order?
I have all the emails the shop sent me during the IC. Account activation and the order. Back that day, I was in panic completing the IC and now I can't remember the password. I don't even remember introducing any passwords (I have all mine stored in a password manager but this one).
Will you enable the "remember"/"recover" password link on the shop?

Renze

Efficiency Noob
Mar 24, 2021
Hey guys,

If you are saying permanently hollow I would personally say no to that, since I don't like an open case. If it's optional like having the possibility to take out the middle, I wouldn't have any objections to that. If you don't like the design tradeoff you can simply put that one on the bottom of the case.

A better option for a flexible and clean looking build would imo be something to elevate the panel like the Ghost top hat.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Hey guys,

This was what you've been showing us with the teasers of the case already so feel a bit weirded out that it turns out the case won't have it after all.
Sure you should do that , since it was one of the big constraints of the T1.1 and is a unique selling point for the reference case.
I want to be able to see my 3080TI and help it vent that heat as much as possible.
But do make it like shown in the reference teasers with a removable mesh magnetic panel and made to have it show ONLY the gpu so no cables etc.

If you're talking about the sandwich case specifically than that wasn't obvious to me, but the same comment applies.

Reactions: Wahaha360

Mothy

Case Bender
New User
Mar 26, 2022
I dont mind waiting another few months for titanium, but if it turns out that titanium is never going to happen will those who IC titanium have an opportunity in the future to switch to black? Or is it now or never?
I'm also wondering the same thing - will we be able to switch to black and retain IC pricing in the coming months if titanium is cancelled / the price increases / we decide not to wait any longer?

I understand that manufacturing and supply costs are uncertain, but it would feel unfair if we wait for titanium and end up paying the increased price amount for a black case in 3-6 months time.