Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 24274

@Wahaha360 Can you give me the 3D model file of the T1 case feet . plz . The rubber feet have been used for a long time and need to be replaced

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
Lol, I'm between that and just getting a DDC310 to rewire for just fan header. Need to decide ASAP since originally I set up a return to Performance PCS for the K1M and Magic Cube (with a 10% restock fee). If I'm opting for the DDC310, I should only return the K1M, and use store credit rather than cash with the 10% penalty.

I'll admit, the absurdly low price of the SPD10-S has me hesitant, as well as the complete lack of information about it. Also, even the measurements: "Size: 70 * 10 * 50mm" Wtf is 10mm? the whole thing is cylindrical, so one measurement is the height, and the other is the diameter... I have no idea what aspect of it is 10mm.
So uhh... reporting back on the SPD10-S.... It's much larger than I expected, and not a DDC pump:

Also, despite the pictures online, it DOES have a molex power connector, which is SUPER lame. All the pics I can find make it look like it only has a 4 pin fan header.

If anyone knows if it's possible to mod it to use ONLY the 4 pin fan connector, please send it my way- I'm not going to bother returning this, since after restocking fee and shipping cost I'd only get like $10 back.

I would say it's larger than a Magic Cube with a small DDC pump, though not a TON bigger- about 10mm larger in diameter, and height is hard for me to know since I never had a DDC pump with my Magic Cube- just my last bad idea (K1M pump).

If anyone has any idea if I'll be able to fit this along with my other components into a v2.0 chassis, please feel free to weigh in here 😅

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2022-03-08: Priority, Interest Checks, Price Increase!​

Bad News - Inflation, aluminum price surge, covid supply chain disruptions, and energy price surge have contributed to a price increase. So the bad news is that we have to increase the price of the T1 V2 soon.

Good News - There is still time! Those that complete the T1 V2 Interest Check this week can still lock in at the current lower price. Those with prior successful credit card authorization are also locked in at the current lower price. After this weekend, we will update the website with the new and higher price.

We will also email everyone on the Priority List this week to complete the interest check to lock in the current and lower price.

For those that completed the T1 V2 Interest Check, and even if your credit card authorization has expired, you are good to go. You don't need to do anything else.

T1 V2 Purchase priority ranking:
  • First Priority - Priority List customers with completed Interest Check.
  • Second Priority - Priority List customers WITHOUT completed Interest Check, and regular customers WITH Interest Check, both groups are treated equal in this tier.
  • Regular - Everyone else.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Thanks for the update! Good to know we can keep current pricing for now.

Any updates on timelines to start selling V2?
No timelines until something concrete is confirmed. Estimates are always fluctuating, so better to give people a firm time for release, than an estimate that will change and crush hopes.

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
No timelines until something concrete is confirmed. Estimates are always fluctuating, so better to give people a firm time for release, than an estimate that will change and crush hopes.
Any chance we can get even a vague estimate? (e.g. sometime within the next 6 months, vs late 2022, vs sometime in 2023)

Since I originally placed an order for a T1 (an E-White that ended up cancelled) I've changed jobs, bought a house, will have had a kid... My point is that it's been delayed so long that my whole life will have passed by before I get my T1 😜

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Any chance we can get even a vague estimate? (e.g. sometime within the next 6 months, vs late 2022, vs sometime in 2023)

Since I originally placed an order for a T1 (an E-White that ended up cancelled) I've changed jobs, bought a house, will have had a kid... My point is that it's been delayed so long that my whole life will have passed by before I get my T1 😜
Next 6 months is my guess, considering they have been stockpiling for a while and are in the final stages of everything from the looks of it

Reactions: RySean

SaltyMemeBoy

Trash Compacter
Aug 10, 2021
I really do admire this project and I support it fully, but if I may offer a criticism, I think you’ve mostly missed the boat with this case now by delaying it for so long. Obvious competitors—and good ones at that—are out and readily available. I personally have gone the route of designing and building my own case while waiting for this to release, which some people here have jokingly suggested to those who complain of delays.

This would have been the holy grail of cases had it released late last year. Unfortunate that it didn’t work out that way.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I really do admire this project and I support it fully, but if I may offer a criticism, I think you’ve mostly missed the boat with this case now by delaying it for so long. Obvious competitors—and good ones at that—are out and readily available. I personally have gone the route of designing and building my own case while waiting for this to release, which some people here have jokingly suggested to those who complain of delays.

This would have been the holy grail of cases had it released late last year. Unfortunate that it didn’t work out that way.
AFAIK, the delays were caused by a few things. Mainly quality not being up to W360's standards (which is a good thing), then people not being happy with the design (this is debatable if it was a good change or now) and most recently, suppliers of the riser cables not listening to W360 when he tells them to do something a certain way, delaying it even more.

When you are such a small company like FormD, everyone is against you and you don't have a lot of power to control things. Most everything is out of your control. I'm also disappointed with the delays, but it's better than having a product that doesn't meet expectations.

SaltyMemeBoy

Trash Compacter
Aug 10, 2021
AFAIK, the delays were caused by a few things. Mainly quality not being up to W360's standards (which is a good thing), then people not being happy with the design (this is debatable if it was a good change or now) and most recently, suppliers of the riser cables not listening to W360 when he tells them to do something a certain way, delaying it even more.

When you are such a small company like FormD, everyone is against you and you don't have a lot of power to control things. Most everything is out of your control. I'm also disappointed with the delays, but it's better than having a product that doesn't meet expectations.
Agreed with all those points, and I understand. Just unfortunate overall.

Exist50

Trash Compacter
Feb 25, 2021

Whether you think the reasons are good or not, there's no doubt that the competitive landscape has changed vs the original summer-ish timeline. You've got clones like the Jimu D+ go from basically nothing to shipping, a major hardware release in the form of Alder Lake, and a plethora of competitors all come to market.

Imo, it would have helped maintain momentum if another couple of batches of v1.1 could have made it out in the meantime. As it stands, there's been a dearth of publicity about the T1.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Whether you think the reasons are good or not, there's no doubt that the competitive landscape has changed vs the original summer-ish timeline. You've got clones like the Jimu D+ go from basically nothing to shipping, a major hardware release in the form of Alder Lake, and a plethora of competitors all come to market.

Imo, it would have helped maintain momentum if another couple of batches of v1.1 could have made it out in the meantime. As it stands, there's been a dearth of publicity about the T1.

Yes and no.

I have some insights into other projects. Afaik, there are no new competitors on the market that I wasn't aware of 6 months ago.

Making a good product means T1 V2 has to be good enough and competitive for the years to come. If 6 months makes that much difference, then there is something seriously wrong with the product - that means someone else managed to solve all of the problems we had, and overcame these obstacles with way less headache.

People that are indifferent/unsure can easily choose another project today, 6 months from now, or any other time, which means more availability for the people that really just want the T1 V2 😛

I want to have T1 V2 for people that really want it, so I guess things always work out the way they are supposed to be.

dream3

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019

how does the d+ clone fare against the t1 v2 in your opinion?

Reactions: SFFUSER

SaltyMemeBoy

Trash Compacter
Aug 10, 2021
Making a good product means T1 V2 has to be good enough and competitive for the years to come.
I think this is both the greatest strength and the greatest weakness of this project. I personally think that making a case that is competitive with other cases years from now is an impossible task given how popular SFF has become. Maybe you’re chasing a goal you can’t reach.

Then again, maybe I’ll eat my words in a few months though. We’ll see.

Exist50

Trash Compacter
Feb 25, 2021
how does the d+ clone fare against the t1 v2 in your opinion?
I haven't seen too much feedback on it yet, and haven't bought one myself (currently own a T1 v1.1), but it seems to fill the same niche in terms of design and compatibility. It's a somewhat bigger case, but it uses that space for more hardware flexibility. The real problem, as far as I see it, is that it's actually available, while the "original" is not.

Last edited:

12bit35mm

Efficiency Noob
Apr 21, 2021
Any reason there's no option for PCIe 3.0 Riser + Titanium Sandwich Case? That would be the one I'm interested in purchasing so which option should I lock in for the interest check?