Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Also, is the DC-LT 2 in a 40 DC-LT enough pump power? (I have a Koolance QDC in the middle of my loop for attaching a reservoir for filling purposes). Presumably I could add a second DC-LT 2, right?
1 is not enough, 2 maybe barely. But where will it go?

Reactions: RySean

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
1 is not enough, 2 maybe barely. But where will it go?
Great question, they're super small and not hard to in-line along a tubing run... but I'm open to suggestions, though I don't want to change CPU blocks- I have an EKWB EK-Quantum Velocity D-RGB AMD Ryzen Edition for my 5900X and I'd like to continue using it.

The one I have works fine for my current loop, I can't imagine adding just a single slim 240 rad will require more than double the pump power.

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
@Wahaha360 When you have time, can you post a pic with a sfx psu in the reference. I just want to visually see if my existing sandwich cables would work in reference. Mainly the 24pin. No rush though.

Seconding this, maybe with an angle to see how much clearance between the SFX PSU in Reference layout and the side panel over it. I want to get a sense of how much space there might be for radiator + fan on the PSU side as well as the motherboard side.
Joining the question - for Sandwich layout. I have custom cables for Sliger SM550 and reusing the cables (24pin especially) will make the purchase no-brainer.

Last edited:

DavidN

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2021

2021-10-30: T1 Configuration Comparison & ROG X570-C8I M.2 compatibility clarification.​

Some of you want to know how the different T1 Configurations compare to each other, hopefully the table image above will answer some questions.

There are some concerns that the T1-Reference with C14S cooler will prevent M.2 SSD installation on the ROG X570-C8I, the image above should clear that up.

EDIT: updated the specifications image above.
I have the Gigabyte Eagle 3070 OC which is 115x282mm (41mm thick). So this would not fit in reference layout?

Also... when can we expect reviews? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris and Mr X

Arukasu

Case Bender
New User
Nov 3, 2021
I have the Gigabyte Eagle 3070 OC which is 115x282mm (41mm thick). So this would not fit in reference layout?

Also... when can we expect reviews? :D
I have the same question.
What is the exact limit for graphics cards in the reference layout? I have a gigabyte 1080 ti which is 112x280mm.

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Any chances that the new mesh panels could fit in the 1.1 ?

Best option for the 3080FE : Reference or Sandwich ?

Am I right to say that you can’t put two more fans in the reference case if you use tall CPU cooler like C14S or NH-L12 ?

Thank you.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I have the same question.
What is the exact limit for graphics cards in the reference layout? I have a gigabyte 1080 ti which is 112x280mm.
The EVGA 3080 XC cards are around 111mm in height, so I'd imagine that would fit with 180 degree power connectors. Hopeful for a full height measurement though, to clear some confusion.
Any chances that the new mesh panels could fit in the 1.1 ?

Best option for the 3080FE : Reference or Sandwich ?

Am I right to say that you can’t put two more fans in the reference case if you use tall CPU cooler like C14S or NH-L12 ?

Thank you.
No, they will not. The cases are completely different dimensions, which means the side panels are as well.

Best option for the 3080 FE is most likely the Reference case.

If you use the C14s, you can install one fan below the C14s, and then one fan next to it by the side panel, but I think that's it, but there could be mounting points for two other fans, but I'm not sure where they'd go, considering the PSU, MB, and GPU would take up all the space where they would go.

Reactions: DrHudacris

BAS1C

Caliper Novice
Dec 10, 2020
Following this.. Hopefully i can get my hands on reference case! 12900k arrives tomorrow to go with my 3080FE =D case of my dreams here!

jughead0

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2021
Are there any plans to make a sort of a top hat for the 2.0 Ref? This case look ALMOST perfect for my needs, with the exception of being limited by 2 slots for the GPU.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Are there any plans to make a sort of a top hat for the 2.0 Ref? This case look ALMOST perfect for my needs, with the exception of being limited by 2 slots for the GPU.
Total case volume <10L has been a pretty steady priority throughout this gargantuan thread, and IIRC the recent tiny modifications to volume have pushed us to juuuust under 10L as it is. Accessories are already planned out for vertical mount kit and (also IIRC) different mesh panels for different faces of the T1 versions. So based on those two things (size limit + other accessories in queue), my guess is probably not.

That said, @Wahaha360 is also working on the next iteration for the recently-retired Ncase M1. So maybe however that turns out will be right up your alley!

jughead0

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2021
Total case volume <10L has been a pretty steady priority throughout this gargantuan thread, and IIRC the recent tiny modifications to volume have pushed us to juuuust under 10L as it is. Accessories are already planned out for vertical mount kit and (also IIRC) different mesh panels for different faces of the T1 versions. So based on those two things (size limit + other accessories in queue), my guess is probably not.

That said, @Wahaha360 is also working on the next iteration for the recently-retired Ncase M1. So maybe however that turns out will be right up your alley!
I actually haven't seen anything on the M1 replacement. Got a link for that?

The thing is, though, the 2.0 Ref is seemingly optimized for the NH-C14S, which I own and looking for a case that would fit it perfectly (heatsink clearance must me 115mm, not more). BUT I also want a deshrouded GPU with full 25mm thick fans exhasting air out the top in an upside-down layout. The upcoming Dan C4 seems like it caters to the latter of my requirements, but its CPU cooler clearance of 135mm is too loose for my taste. That said, I would much rather find a slimmer GPU and settle for 15mm thick fans, so I'm much more interested in the 2.0 Ref.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
I actually haven't seen anything on the M1 replacement. Got a link for that?

The thing is, though, the 2.0 Ref is seemingly optimized for the NH-C14S, which I own and looking for a case that would fit it perfectly (heatsink clearance must me 115mm, not more). BUT I also want a deshrouded GPU with full 25mm thick fans exhasting air out the top in an upside-down layout. The upcoming Dan C4 seems like it caters to the latter of my requirements, but its CPU cooler clearance of 135mm is too loose for my taste. That said, I would much rather find a slimmer GPU and settle for 15mm thick fans, so I'm much more interested in the 2.0 Ref.
Oh yeah, I don't mean to overstate anything as if hard confirmation of anything is in place. But here's what we got on the successors to the Ncase M1 brand: W360's post

Yeah, I hear you. The DNA of Ncase M1 is that classic, riser-less build that allows for deshroud GPU + full-fat fans. I don't think T1 v2.0 will be able to fill that specific niche without major alterations.

Ooh, dammit I haven't kept up with the Dan C4! I need to check up on that thread. I strongly suspect that will physically fit what you have in mind, even if it's a few liters larger.

Renze

Efficiency Noob
Mar 24, 2021

2021-04-17: lifted features from T1 EVO (aka V2.0), not sure to call it V1.2 or V1.5​

TLDR:
- 46mm under the mobo for Radiator + Fan, 20.5mm TX240 radiator + *dual 25mm thick fans, 27 or 30mm thick radiator + *dual 15mm slim fans
In the original post, there is also a picture stating 42mm to the motherboard strut and 55mm to the psu. Halfway through you've noted down the above, which is also an increase in clearance. Could you perhaps say what the exact heights will be like for the 2.0, and also how cabling is taken into account for the psu side?

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
Great question, they're super small and not hard to in-line along a tubing run... but I'm open to suggestions, though I don't want to change CPU blocks- I have an EKWB EK-Quantum Velocity D-RGB AMD Ryzen Edition for my 5900X and I'd like to continue using it.

The one I have works fine for my current loop, I can't imagine adding just a single slim 240 rad will require more than double the pump power.

@DrHudacris Any idea if it'd be possible to fit 2x DC-LT 40s in the T1 v2? Alternatively- any other more capable pump options that would fit in there? I know the ideal thing to do would be Aquanaut CPU block + a DC LT 40, but my current water block is optimized for Ryzen and was also expensive 😢

Maybe something like the Alphacool DC-LT Dual Pump top with two DC-LT 2 pumps would fit? http://www.expertmanpc.com/pumps-c-1_34_236/alphacool-eisdecke-dclt-dual-plexi-top-p-5706.html Though this seller's site doesn't inspire confidence, and I can't seem to find it in stock anywhere else.

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
In the original post, there is also a picture stating 42mm to the motherboard strut and 55mm to the psu. Halfway through you've noted down the above, which is also an increase in clearance. Could you perhaps say what the exact heights will be like for the 2.0, and also how cabling is taken into account for the psu side?
The picture you are referring to in the OP is of the old version of the case.
The new version of the case will have 46mm of clearance from the MB to the top/bottom panel (depending on how you have the case oriented), and around 59mm of clearance from the PSU to the top/bottom panel. Cabling, if you use all of the 59mm of clearance, will be extremely tight, so try not to use all of that space.

Renze

Efficiency Noob
Mar 24, 2021
The picture you are referring to in the OP is of the old version of the case.
The new version of the case will have 46mm of clearance from the MB to the top/bottom panel (depending on how you have the case oriented), and around 59mm of clearance from the PSU to the top/bottom panel. Cabling, if you use all of the 59mm of clearance, will be extremely tight, so try not to use all of that space.
Thanks for the quick reply, 59mm was the number is was looking for. Just contemplating if the Phanteks PH-F120T30 might be usable in a build. Possibly with angled modular cables and/or flipped psu.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
@DrHudacris Any idea if it'd be possible to fit 2x DC-LT 40s in the T1 v2? Alternatively- any other more capable pump options that would fit in there? I know the ideal thing to do would be Aquanaut CPU block + a DC LT 40, but my current water block is optimized for Ryzen and was also expensive 😢
I'm struggling to think of where. Traditionally it has gone next to GPU block if the block is short enough but that's not possible with only 1.25 slot spacing based on dimensions of the DCLT40. So you're left with whatever space remains between motherboard and rad/fans, which is to say, good luck!

Your best bet is to get as many loop components "combo-ed" together as possible, ie CPU pump/block, or rad/pump. Because we are approaching the limits of space time here, let alone 2 DCLTs!

Reactions: RySean and JDuval

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
I'm struggling to think of where. Traditionally it has gone next to GPU block if the block is short enough but that's not possible with only 1.25 slot spacing based on dimensions of the DCLT40. So you're left with whatever space remains between motherboard and rad/fans, which is to say, good luck!

Your best bet is to get as many loop components "combo-ed" together as possible, ie CPU pump/block, or rad/pump. Because we are approaching the limits of space time here, let alone 2 DCLTs!
Yeah, I was looking at some pics of people with a DC-LT 40 in their v1.1 T1 and I'm wondering if I could maybe just inline two in a row rather than have the tubing run you see a lot of people doing. That dual DC-LT chassis would be perfect, I'm sad that Alphacool killed it.

You mention a rad/pump combo- any particular suggestions? I have a single TX240 now, I was planning on getting a second one, but if there's a good 240 rad/pump combo to get instead that would work.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Yeah, I was looking at some pics of people with a DC-LT 40 in their v1.1 T1 and I'm wondering if I could maybe just inline two in a row rather than have the tubing run you see a lot of people doing. That dual DC-LT chassis would be perfect, I'm sad that Alphacool killed it.

You mention a rad/pump combo- any particular suggestions? I have a single TX240 now, I was planning on getting a second one, but if there's a good 240 rad/pump combo to get instead that would work.
The only one I can think of is the hanjiang pump/rad combo who's is a 240mm 17mm thick rad, and lengthwise it will only barely fit.

Where in line are you thinking of putting it? GPU side would have 25 mm at best, and on the other you've got no space between the rad/fan/PSU or the space between motherboard and rad/fan, and of course you will have to work around the CPU block, RAM and VRM heatsinks.

Reactions: RySean